• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM048: Full Force Pose at the Sleepover!

Wasn't there a Poke-Problem section for this episode? I think they skipped it due to the upcoming event of the 1000th episode ceremony. I found this sleepover a little meh, but seeing flashbacks of Lillie and Gladion as little kids was cute.

I just had a potential epiphany.

Lillie isn't afraid of Pokemon because of Nihilego.

She's afraid of Pokemon because of Silvally.

Meanwhile, I have a feeling this is where the sparks fly between Kukui and Burnet in the anime storyline. :giggle:

Darn, what a shocking ending that was. Seriously can't wait for the 1000th episode now, looks to be a absolute stunner with stuff involving Lillie, Gladion and Faba.

Oh man good episode although I did not understand most of the dialogue :'(.
Ash asks Burnet to stay (sneaky wingman Ash).
Looks like Lusamine is really good this time.
Poor Lillie at the end though but my assumption about how she gets re-traumatized was right.
Lycanroc sparring with Litten without Ash shows that most of their training will be off screen imo.
Cool to see professor Oak as well.

Next week is gonna be so good!

I got such bad sympathetic hunger after Gonbe ate their food that I really lost my appetite for the remainder of the episode (even after they ate!)

This episode is pretty much as everybody else had stated:

Boring. except for the funny part, where Kiawe unleashed his Inferno Overdrive and the ending part of Lillie recovering her lost memory for afraid Pokémon.

Was it just me, or was Munchlax eating that food so quickly its way of trying to imitate Snorlax's Pulverizing Pancake? Also, I'm glad it was Kiawe who made such the stupid mistake.

This episode is pretty much as everybody else had stated:

Boring. except for the funny part, where Kiawe unleashed his Inferno Overdrive and the ending part of Lillie recovering her lost memory for afraid Pokémon.
You said it. But don't worry, next week and another week will be better. Anyway, Silvally is the reason why Lillie is unable to touch Pokemon.

Don't you think Gladion's Type: Null is the cause that made Lillie lost her memories and being unable to touch Pokemon? It wasn't because of the Ultra Beasts, maybe it's because of Type:Null's masked face.

Don't you think Gladion's Type: Null is the cause that made Lillie lost her memories and being unable to touch Pokemon? It wasn't because of the Ultra Beasts, maybe it's because of Type:Null's masked face.
Think it's a mix of trauma from the attack and also Faba using Hypno on her.

I liked this one. I know it was mostly filler, but considering what's to come, I think it was necessary to slow down things a bit. The calm before the storm, you know?

Besides, it wasn't useless filler. Great part of this episode was spent either introducing new character dynamics that will likely be relevant in the future (Burnet and Lillie, Burnet and Kukui), or showing us some interactions between the main cast that we hadn't seen much of lately (Ash actively helping in the kitchen, Sophocles chatting with the girls, etc).

I love it when an episode goes for the slice-of-life-y route and this one did it pretty nicely. The only scene that I think was kinda boring was the baseball one, which I think was dragged for too long. The Z-Pose game was also kinda repetitive but I think that did help explaining the game and setting up the joke solidly. Maybe they should've used more poses to spice it up.

The final scene was incredible. I love the dissonance between the group's mood and the lively setting, and what Lillie suddenly begins to go through. Perfect cliffhanger too.

Did someone notice a Scrafty wearing a Pokebase outfit on television? Shouldn't this be added because Scrafty made an appearance in this episode?

Just watched the subs and here are some things to clear things up.

• Towards the beginning of the episode after the exchange on the phone between Lillie and Lusamine. The reason why Nebby is wired up is because it was getting a check up.
  • The time between episode 46 and this one must have been a few days to a few weeks since someone said "It has been a while!" to Burnet.
  • The hide and seek game with Nebby is a contest on if either the boys or the girls get to sleep in the loft.
  • As Litten and Dusk Lycanroc goes out the door after Munchlax ate the whole dinner, Ash reveals that Litten and Lycanroc had been going outside to train ever since when Lycan rock was a Rockruff. Meaning that they must have started some time after Litten came to stay with Ash after Stoutland's passing.
  • As Ash and Kiawe are training their Pokemon and the professors are getting some ingredients for a quick easy to make dinner for everyone, Mallow, Lillie, Lana, and Sophocles go to train their Pokemon to pass the time.
  • Overnight when Lillie and Burnet talked about Lusamine, and Burnet thinks that Lusamine wants to be with Lillie and Gladion because she is so busy. Burnet suggests that next time Lillie talks to Lusamine, she can try calmly talk to her.
  • The next morning while the kids are walking down the road, Lillie starts thinking about talking to Gladion about their mother. Nebby being Nebby goes ahead and teleports Lillie to the cave where Gladion training Type: Null is at, startling everyone.
  • Once Gladion knows that Lillie is in the cave and asks why she's there, Lillie tells him that she wants to talk to him about their mother. Type: Null quickly jumps over Gladion, surprising him. Gladian called out to it to get it's attention.
  • Lillie gets very nervous as Type: Null stares down at her and she starts remembering why she became afraid of touching Pokemon. Gladion runs over to protect her, but becomes shocked as Nebby teleports Lillie back to her friends, he now knows that Nebby can teleport.
  • When Lillie is back to her friends they're glad that she's back and wonders where she went, they quickly become worried when Lillie falls to her knees looking shocked.
  • Lillie said that she met her brother and Ash quickly realized she she's talking about Gladion. Lillie states she met a Pokemon that she doesn't know and told Shiron "No!" when Shiron tried to get close to her.
  • Everyone is trying to put together what happened since it's starting to sound that something very serious happened. Kiawe says," Don't tell me...." Then Lillie states that she can't touch Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom