• The Anime and Manga staff has posted a PSA regarding Go and how we'll handle future cases involving him from now onwards.

We strongly recommend checking out this thread.

Thank you in advance.
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Review SM049: Lilie and Silvady, the Resurrected Memory!

Reaction score
The episode is short. But exciting, looking forward to next one. Where Nebby will probably evolve to Cosmoem of using it energy source force by Faba to opening up the Ultra Wormhole to summon Ultra Beasts.

Reaction score
...did Jessie and James just have an Even Evil Has Standards moment with Faba? Can't wait for the subtitles.

I think it's pretty clear that Lusamine in the anime is not the Lusamine in SM. Given what little we've seen of USUM, I have a feeling this is a peek of her from that game instead.

Reaction score
Awesome episode, man I hate Faba so much, hope he eventually dies tbh. So Lusamine is surely good at this point, no doubt about it anymore so I'm glad to say I was right about that. Need the subs to know why Lusamine apologized to Gladion about the Null experiments I think? TRio having a heart was good too and I need to see why exactly (already know they will be helping Ash n co in the future UB fight if there is any). Was really good to see Lillie's trauma break down before our eyes as well to really understand what she experienced and why Silvally looked that way etc. Also very fitting that Silvally saved her while Ash was just incapacitated as he had no reason to be the hero imo. What this episode does though is pretty much make the rest up to 53 pretty straightforward imo from Nebby getting kidnapped next episode and used to open a US wormhole, Lusamine most likely getting taken which then leads to Lillie and Gladion 'running away' in 51 and her design change to take place, Ash going to Poni in 52 to get help to save Nebby then finally saving Lusamine in 53 which at this point is a 50/50 on if they will be successful.

Anyways, speculation aside, need translations but I loved this episode!

Reaction score
Anyway, Poke Problem for this episode was skipped. But this episode was great in my opinion. Lillie overcame her trauma and Lusamine isn't evil, but good.

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what happened without subs, but it seems really disappointing so far.

Reaction score
Lusamine in a Bikini can only result in good things...

Likes cute Pokemon
Reaction score
I thought that it's cute that Lillie talked to Ash about the early parts of her childhood and showed him some pictures.It's pretty nice to see someone else other then Ash play hero to rescue Lillie while Ash is pined down by Alakazam's psychic.

Reaction score
Ash was also really nice in this episode. You could tell how genuinely upset he was when Gladion chewed him out (even though it wasn't his fault). And how much he cares for Lillie when he tried to cheer her up. As well as that fist pump when she finally overcame her fears.

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
Full review after dinner, but omg there were real tears flowing from my eyes by the time Lillie hugged Shiron!

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
Ok, now I've had time to read what everyone else wrote - I'm surprised the reaction was so lukewarm! (For a change I actually understood most of the dialogue in this one so if anyone has any specific queries I might be able to help before reliable subs are generated.)

First thing's first (as per my priorities of course), that TRio vs Sauboh scene was AMAZING. Sauboh asks them to fix up Lillie for him, explaining that he wants them to erase her memories using Sleeper, and that he'll reward them with a fat bonus to which their morals go into overdrive! They talk about how important memories are (Kojirou's monologue is him citing childhood birthday cake as an example :p) and that they're not pure evil so WHY DON'T YOU JUST STICK OUR WHITE CAPS UP YOUR ARSEHOLE SAUBOH.

Almost every scene in this episode was really effective, and I was drawn into the story so much that I felt like I was 6 years old and watching Kanto again. The standout ones for me were Glazio balling out Satoshi, Satoshi cheering up Lillie, Glazio and Sauboh, Glazio and Lusamine, TRio (obvs) and then the climax of the episode with the flashback. I guess this is why I got so emotional by the end, because till now I haven't been that into Lillie's storyline so I really wasn't expecting to enjoy or get drawn into this episode.

Also, that PokeProblem was great! Can Nyasu please have an episode soon? It's getting to the point where I'm starting to forget that he even talks he is so underused atm...