• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM049: Lilie and Silvady, the Resurrected Memory!

I think it's very brave for a kid's show to deal with PTSD and do it with real dignity. I loved the relationships between Lillie & Ash and Lillie and Vulpix. Also,they fact faba uses pokemon attack against people helps to build how malicious his character is.
My only problem with this episode is how uninteresting the pokemon battle itself where

If Sauboh have power to erase someone's memories, why didn't he use it on Gladio?
Why did he simply leave Gladio and Silvaddy's monster ball, after everything he did to got them?
Why didn't Gladio talk to her mother before, about Sauboh?

I just watched the good subs, and I thought of something.

What if, in the anime, Jessie and James' experience with Faba leads to the Team Rainbow Rocket arc? They relay the experience to Giovanni, and he decides to use that, along with news of the Ultra Beasts, to bring Team Rocket as an organization to Alola? It could lead to Team Skull allying with the twerps in an Enemy Mine situation, since Team Skull allies with the player character and the Aether Foundation against Team Rainbow Rocket in the games.

Finally saw the good subs especially to understand Gladion and Lusamine's relationship. Faba was lying to Gladion and he assumed his mother knew everything. Goes to show Lusamine generally just tends to forget things because of her work and she trusts everyone around her so she does not worry much. Interesting how Gladion called her out on wanting to see UBs since she was a kid and for being neglectful to Lillie. I actually doubt they'd turn her any form of evil now (could even just go straight to putting her into a coma or something after episode 53). I'd be pleasantly surprised if they gave her an arc of being evil and influenced by toxins.
Another interesting thing is how far along TRio has come with respect to their moral compasses, it makes me wonder how long again would they be actually bad for and turn good in between. They also did Lillie's trauma really well imo as it made so much sense from a psychological POV, got to give them props for that. Great episode imo.
Also special mention to Litten training hard with Lycanroc, 90% sure it's gonna evolve after the AF arc dies down.

Notice how we never see Lusamine shout at Faba or get upset at Faba or express any real discontent with Faba?

It's an act...

She's the baddy,
I hope so, cause her game counterpart was more interesting. Honestly, there's a limit to how unintentionally ignorant of your child's well-being you can get. I strongly believe that Gladio unfairly blamed Ash for what Nebby did, and Ash was too quick to just accept it. Seriously, what could Ash have done? It's not like he could have stopped Nebby from teleporting people or that Lilie would think about meeting her brother at the time Nebby teleported her. And speaking of which, Gladio's approach to the problem was pretty poorly thought out. From what I'm getting, he didn't even talk to Lusamine about Lilie. True, Lusamine is not completely innocent in this, but Gladio didn't exactly help things along.
I have to give praise for Team Rocket for telling Faba off like that. Although, I can't help but feel there's a bit of hypocrisy here. Is erasing someone's memory (which, in Lilie's case, is a lot more traumatic than some memories of a birthday party) actually worse than stealing other people's Pokemon who they make those cherished memories with? I can't tell how their "righteous evil" is actually superior to Faba's "evil evil".
As for Lilie, her trauma was kinda resolved too quickly for me (no way people get over their fears that easily). But on the other hand, I was getting tired of her fear of touching anyway, so I'm not upset and I'm glad it's all behind us.

Gladion was kind of a jerk towards Ash and Lusamine. I can understand why he would be angry at both situations, especially when he was angry at Lusamine, but she generally seems out of the loop and sorry.

It makes me think that Ash is going to have a tough rival in future. The triangle relation of Lilie, Gladion and Lusamine is finally converging which is a good thing for story arc

What do you mean?
I think he means that Silvally was an actual Silvally in the flashbacks of this episode, then became a Type: Null when they put the mask on it and then became a Silvally again when it broke free of the mask. I guess you could say that's a devolution, but it never really evolved so I wouldn't say so personally. Silvally is its true form to begin with.

I don't understand Type Null and Svylnall aren't evolution form

it was mask on the the pokemont hat might have drained its true power to change its coloring

Is this considered de-evolution? To me it's just been restrained with a power dampener if anything.
I don't understand Type Null and Svylnall aren't evolution form

it was mask on the the pokemont hat might have drained its true power to change its coloring
Well, it is Nintedo who decided they are an evolution, instead of a form change after all.

I loved this episode. By far, one of the strongest episodes this season. This was perfect in every way.

I believe Lillie's mom loves her family, but I don't think she's a good guy. I like that they're portraying her in a way that makes the audience like her a lot so that when we and Lillie begin to love and trust her, there'll be more hurt when her plans come to fruition.

I'm calling it now: this will be the season with the most heart-wrenching moments. Seeing this episode and the 20th movie gives me belief that we will see some heartbreaking moments like we've never seen before. Underscored by how lighthearted everything is, its gonna hurt more than ever before.

The writing was immaculate. I have no more words for now.

Gladion seems a bad boy rather naughty boy, because he just stole his mother's work thing i.e. Silvally

I loved this episode. By far, one of the strongest episodes this season. This was perfect in every way.

I believe Lillie's mom loves her family, but I don't think she's a good guy. I like that they're portraying her in a way that makes the audience like her a lot so that when we and Lillie begin to love and trust her, there'll be more hurt when her plans come to fruition.

As much as I would like to think she'd be bad, at this point making her randomly evil won't be a plot twist but more in line with bad writing. They've left no clue she can be bad but left tons that she's a genuinely good person to the point where being evil and hiding it would make no sense. A few examples off the top of my head would be:-
1. Gladion telling her she wanted to see an UB since she was a kid, not driven to it by grief over Mohn.
2. Clearly Mohn's already gone when they were kids in flashbacks and Lusamine showers them with love.
3. She may be a hard worker and in turn a careless mother but it's not out of ill intent as she spends so much tim admiring her children, she genuinely loves them imo.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom