• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM049: Lilie and Silvady, the Resurrected Memory!

The episode is short. But exciting, looking forward to next one. Where Nebby will probably evolve to Cosmoem of using it energy source force by Faba to opening up the Ultra Wormhole to summon Ultra Beasts.

...did Jessie and James just have an Even Evil Has Standards moment with Faba? Can't wait for the subtitles.

I think it's pretty clear that Lusamine in the anime is not the Lusamine in SM. Given what little we've seen of USUM, I have a feeling this is a peek of her from that game instead.

Awesome episode, man I hate Faba so much, hope he eventually dies tbh. So Lusamine is surely good at this point, no doubt about it anymore so I'm glad to say I was right about that. Need the subs to know why Lusamine apologized to Gladion about the Null experiments I think? TRio having a heart was good too and I need to see why exactly (already know they will be helping Ash n co in the future UB fight if there is any). Was really good to see Lillie's trauma break down before our eyes as well to really understand what she experienced and why Silvally looked that way etc. Also very fitting that Silvally saved her while Ash was just incapacitated as he had no reason to be the hero imo. What this episode does though is pretty much make the rest up to 53 pretty straightforward imo from Nebby getting kidnapped next episode and used to open a US wormhole, Lusamine most likely getting taken which then leads to Lillie and Gladion 'running away' in 51 and her design change to take place, Ash going to Poni in 52 to get help to save Nebby then finally saving Lusamine in 53 which at this point is a 50/50 on if they will be successful.

Anyways, speculation aside, need translations but I loved this episode!

Anyway, Poke Problem for this episode was skipped. But this episode was great in my opinion. Lillie overcame her trauma and Lusamine isn't evil, but good.

I'm not exactly sure what happened without subs, but it seems really disappointing so far.

Lusamine in a Bikini can only result in good things...

I thought that it's cute that Lillie talked to Ash about the early parts of her childhood and showed him some pictures.It's pretty nice to see someone else other then Ash play hero to rescue Lillie while Ash is pined down by Alakazam's psychic.

Ash was also really nice in this episode. You could tell how genuinely upset he was when Gladion chewed him out (even though it wasn't his fault). And how much he cares for Lillie when he tried to cheer her up. As well as that fist pump when she finally overcame her fears.

Ok, now I've had time to read what everyone else wrote - I'm surprised the reaction was so lukewarm! (For a change I actually understood most of the dialogue in this one so if anyone has any specific queries I might be able to help before reliable subs are generated.)

First thing's first (as per my priorities of course), that TRio vs Sauboh scene was AMAZING. Sauboh asks them to fix up Lillie for him, explaining that he wants them to erase her memories using Sleeper, and that he'll reward them with a fat bonus to which their morals go into overdrive! They talk about how important memories are (Kojirou's monologue is him citing childhood birthday cake as an example :p) and that they're not pure evil so WHY DON'T YOU JUST STICK OUR WHITE CAPS UP YOUR ARSEHOLE SAUBOH.

Almost every scene in this episode was really effective, and I was drawn into the story so much that I felt like I was 6 years old and watching Kanto again. The standout ones for me were Glazio balling out Satoshi, Satoshi cheering up Lillie, Glazio and Sauboh, Glazio and Lusamine, TRio (obvs) and then the climax of the episode with the flashback. I guess this is why I got so emotional by the end, because till now I haven't been that into Lillie's storyline so I really wasn't expecting to enjoy or get drawn into this episode.

Also, that PokeProblem was great! Can Nyasu please have an episode soon? It's getting to the point where I'm starting to forget that he even talks he is so underused atm...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom