• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM056: The Strong Sleeper, Nekkoara's Secret!

The animation was really good in this episode.
We were needy for both a Samson and a Jigglypuff-focused episode too, this plot was really clever.
I love graphic expositions such as God-like Giovanni and Matori cleaning the floor.
Also, the whole episode's intro with Burnet has got to be one of the cutest Pokémon scenes I've seen.

I thought it was a more a reference to how the Popplio line strongly use sound to battle and manipulate water. The fact that it appeared to be conducting only strengthened the Brionne/Primarina imagery more.

I wonder if we'll see Popplio evolve sometime next year. I'd at least hope so.

I think it'd also be a great opportunity to bring Ida from that one episode back, with her Brionne having evolved. Kinda like Sanpei and his Frogadier/Greninja in the XY series. Given that she's a member of a traveling seafolk, I think that's completely possible.

All I can think about is Komala and Popplio being long-lost siblings through the egg move connection.

Speaking of Egg moves, I just learned that Komala actually can learn Sing via breeding! I wonder if they actually taught Komala the move Sing in this episode, instead of just teaching it to sing?

It was a nice and interesting new take on an old classic running gag. The only downside to this episode was seeing so...many...joke faces...from Professor Okido.

While watching the episode with subs, I find it funny that Team Rocket watch to capture an ultra beast and give it to Giovanni. They clearly have no idea that ultra beasts are very dangerous. If the Poipole we saw a week ago is being with Ash and friends, things are going to be crazy. At the end of the episode, Lana talked to Poplio that she wants to teach it sing.

Last edited:
At the end of the episode, Lana talked to Poplio that she wants to teach it sing.

I SO want to see this as a hint that Popplio will evolve one day, since the further it evolves, the stronger the singing theme in it becomes.

Plus, I really love Brionne and (especially) Primarina.

I was fine with them until he tried pushing Dusknoir x__x

I'm curious to see how the dub does with this episode.
The delayed reaction to how ridiculous it was, was pretty funny though.

I started groaning since his first Lycanroc pun. And he used two of them in the same episode.
Yeah, but I think that was to show off two of its forms. Now it just feels incomplete for him to only have done two of them.

Ok just what was Sonansu fantasising about?:
tumblr_p1o42qr8qb1s3at53o3_1280.jpg

Episode confirmed for me that in this series Ashimari is the #1 cutest Pokemon and Cuz Ookido is my #1 irritant.

It was a great episode. My favorite scene was Satoshi with his adoptive parents (as one user called them); the scene was so cute and sweet. I really wish we'd been given more scenes like this in the series as a whole. I see them as his parents because outside of Movie 02, random appearances in Kanto, and the third movie, Hanako doesn't come off as much as a mother as I'd like.

I like that Satoshi's relationship with Burnet and Kakui is incomparable to anybody else he's been around in the past 20 years. He doesn't treat them like his buds. They come off as family to him. I almost wish Kakui was a blood relative to him, like an uncle or something.

Learned more about Oakido and how they met, and I laughed aloud quite a few times.

Sophocles is me in this episode. I'm not completely sold that its always sleep, but that's awesome to me.
Satoshi is also me; I wanna wake it up.

My first instinct though was when Okido mentioned about them being born... Was how does this reproduction work for that species? It appears to be a mammal...

Anyways, cousin Okido is definitely the most annoying of the Sun and Moon cast. His puns don't actually work as well as Kakui whose flow naturally in conversation.

All in all, a pretty great episode.

Just... wow. I don't know how those poor dubbers are going to handle Samson in this one.
They'd be better off skipping/delaying the episode if I were them. There were so many puns included in the majority of Samson's scenes that it would just be a huge hassle of trying to not only think clever puns, but also matching the faces and lip movement.

They'd be better off skipping/delaying the episode if I were them. There were so many puns included in the majority of Samson's scenes that it would just be a huge hassle of trying to not only think clever puns, but also matching the faces and lip movement.
Hey, this Pinky and the Brain clip aired in all languages the show was dubbed in, as far as I'm aware. And if translators around the world deal with Samson's puns without any word in those languages matching the Pokémon's names, then TPCI can definetly pull something off. I think some of those puns could simply become comparisons (directly mentioning the Pokémon without making a word play) if they can't come up with anything.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom