• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM056: The Strong Sleeper, Nekkoara's Secret!

That wasn't a bad episode, great to see Jigglypuff back and Komala getting some strong focus

Team Rocket's reaction on seeing Jigglypuff again, their first encounter since A PokeBlock Party unless I'm mistaken

Another great episode as usual, comparing to the Episode 22. It feel pretty weak.

Edit: Thankfully, the live stream wasn't that lag. Wish, the week after next week can be stay like that.

Did anyone find that reference of the ball-shaped silhouette that appears to be a Jigglypuff during the Dare Da? It's from the old episode from the original series.
Yeah, the Pokemon League entrance exam episode.

I'm surprised that we've finally got to see Ash and co. getting scribbles on by Jigglypuff, if this was the first time. And I'm more surprised that Jigglypuff finally got a taste of its own medicine and that it likes being drawn on. But seriously, Komala took out Marowak easily, took on Litten, dodged a Flamethrower and used Rapid Spin on Turtonator. Komala needs to battle Bewear. Those two are some incredibly strong Pokemon. I don't know whether to be happy about the fact that Komala sneakily drew on Jigglypuff or annoyed at it. Maybe I'm both.

Also, I couldn't be happier with Turtonator's accompaniment in that choir. Turtonator needs its own theme.

As a guy who likes filler episodes, I was pretty pleased with this one. Seeing Komala get battling done and kicking Nosepass was pleasant. Seeing Jigglypuff finally getting her comeuppance was so satisfying in this episode, even if it was for a quick few moments.

Bewear's face is the highlight of the episode:
htg337

6M4nCFhdTy_Fr81IASzKlw.png
8.2/10

Last edited:
Did anyone else notice how, when everymon were singing, Popplio seemed to be the only one not getting drowsy? It makes sense, since Popplio can learn Sing! What a cute little reference!
I thought it was a more a reference to how the Popplio line strongly use sound to battle and manipulate water. The fact that it appeared to be conducting only strengthened the Brionne/Primarina imagery more.

The sound mixers can't find SOMETHING to play while Purin sings? Is it like retaliation for not being allowed to use the original song because its some of that dirty forbidden pre-BW music?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom