• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM057: Rotom, Can't Stop the Form Change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm the only one who noticed that Rotom is in his Pokedex at the same time the Wash Rotom is in the scene...

M5wWfHA.png
It looks like that our Rotom went back into the pokedex and the Wash Rotom is the different Rotom.

It could indeed be that another Rotom has taken over the Pokédex. Perhaps the Rotom that appears with Laki on tv? If that's the case, I hope Laki shows up in person too. It's about time.

There's a new preview for future episodes for 2018, a few of the clips are for this episode and others are for what to appear to be two other episodes.

So according to this preview of 2018 episodes they will be doing sun and moon post game based episodes (traveling around Alola dealing with ultra beasts) before moving on to ultra sun and ultra moon based episodes.

Okay, what if everyone blames Rotom for causing trouble, but after some detective work it's revealed that it was another Rotom all along and our Rotom never left the Pokédex in the first place?

There IS a screenshot of Rotom leaving the Pokédex, so at least SOME of the trouble may have been its fault. I really hope that it was our Rotom who saw Marshadow.

New Summary
Here is a new summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

O2PMVsf.jpg

During a day off, Satoshi tells Rotom to watch the house as he sets off together with Kukui and Burnet. Rotom takes on the job with great enthusiasm, but due to an unforeseen incident, it ends up undergoing a Forme Change to Wash Rotom. It then keeps undergoing Forme Changes into all kinds of different types, like Spin Rotom and Wash Rotom, being completely unable to stop.

VA List & New Summary
The Rotom Zukan is in a state of emergency! Rotom has ended up flying out of the zukan and is now unable to return to it?! Rotom tries to return in some way or other, but ends up entering other devices like a washing machine and a microwave oven...

Summary:
The Rotom Zukan Satoshi has is a Rotom that has entered a zukan. But one day, something terrible happened to it?! After getting hit by Pikachu's electricity, the Rotom flew out of the zukan, entered a washing machine, and turned into a Wash Rotom?! Rotom tries returning to its original form, but panic breaks out as it ends up entering other devices, like a microwave oven at Mao's house and a fridge at Māmane's house! What will you do, Rotom?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Mokuroh
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Chika Fujimura: Amamaiko
Chinami Nishimura: Nyabby
Kenta Miyake: Wash Rotom
Risa Shimizu: Joy
Sachi Kokuryu: Burnet
Shinya Fukumatsu: James
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

Yah!!!

No Team Rocket, must be a second Rotom appearing as giving Rotom a new voice actor in wash form doesn't make much sense

I hope they focus on James more. He's doing nothing since that short battle with Pikachu.

After getting hit by Pikachu's electricity, the Rotom flew out of the zukan, entered a washing machine, and turned into a Wash Rotom?! Rotom tries returning to its original form, but panic breaks out as it ends up entering other devices, like a microwave oven at Mao's house and a fridge at Māmane's house!

Plus Hobbes's lawnmower at Lillie's mansion and an electric fan in Lana's house, judging from the trailer.

Last edited:
I hope they focus on James more. He's doing nothing since that short battle with Pikachu.

Hey, he's been buttling his butt off!

You know how much work it takes to keep that mansion in such good shape?

Last edited:
Yeah, you're right. He better do something before he "disappears" after enough episodes and goes back on that disappeared SM character list.

What about copiloting the helicopter to Aether? That was pretty cool for him.
Yeah. I guess that just never happened.

Are there two Rotoms? Wtf is going on there?

One is from the Alolan Lucky Detective drama series. The other one is with the Ash that had been with inside the Pokédex been travelling for the analysing and identifying new pokémon that never see before.

This episode is about they switching places after caused the latest incident as seen in second preview for the focusing of his changing mode.

So basically Ash's Pokédex gets taken over by another Rotom, causing the regular one to go through all those form changes: a washing machine at the Pokémon Center, an oven in Mallow's restaurant, an electric fan in Lana's house, a fridge in Sophocles's house, and a lawnmower at Lillie's mansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom