• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview SM058: Don't Cry, Hidoide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not-well known member.
Reaction score
SM058: Don't Cry Hidoide!
Airs: January 18

Last edited:
Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
This is it! I smell character development and past exploration for Mareanie!

Boku ga Kira da
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
The wild Mareanie/Toxapex is quite strange. It has a different color, but it's definitely not the Shiny coloration. Either the anime somehow chooses to use a different color scheme for the Shinies of Mareanie and Toxapex or these are just different alternate colorations similar to the Pink Butterfree and the purple Kecleon. For comparison with their Shiny sprites: (click image to enlarge)
Alternate Mareanie.png Alternate Toxapex.png

Super Rhyperior!
Reaction score
Despite my dislike of Team Rocket, this promises to be an exciting episode

Utsukushī sakura o mite
Reaction score
I don't think it'll happen, but Mareanie's evolution is what I'm looking for in this episode. Regardless, more James and some Mareanie development is always welcome by me.

05/03/09~05/03/15~05/03/21
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
*insert insane tears of joy*

Well I would.

How immoral would it be to fake sick on January 18th?

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
I honestly can't remember the last time we had a non-Shiny alternate colouration which wasn't an error. I hope it's important to the episode's plot, because I otherwise can't imagine why the artists would go out of their way to make this.

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
Maybe they are shiny and it's just their take on it, without it being an error.

Huggable Alolan Raichu
Reaction score
Maybe they are shiny and it's just their take on it, without it being an error.
Yeah. Remember how in the Diamond & Pearl series they used Toxicroak's Shiny coloration as its regular coloration? This could be a somewhat-similar case.

That's the way it is.
Reaction score
I honestly can't remember the last time we had a non-Shiny alternate colouration which wasn't an error. I hope it's important to the episode's plot, because I otherwise can't imagine why the artists would go out of their way to make this.
Z2?

05/03/09~05/03/15~05/03/21
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her

Jez

Fan of Team Rocket since 1998/99
Reaction score
Since the beginning of the "Sun and Moon" anime the James' hairstyle has been changed to make him more similar physically of the Mareanie's fiance. I suppose it is because the fiance of Mareanie is a sort of Jessiebelle (the fiancee of James) 2.0 and the tentacruel is a sort of Hopkins 2.0 I suppose XD

Last edited:
Boku ga Kira da
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
Wow, I somehow totally missed that Mareanie's resemblance to James and the callback to that line of Mareanie's first lover o_O It all makes sense now.

Reaction score
The only thing I care about in this episode is seeing James jump kick a Tentacruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.