1. The July 16th episode of the Bulbanews Weekly Round up can be found on Youtube here.

PREVIEW: SM058: Don't Cry, Hidoide!

Discussion in 'Episodes Previews/Reviews Archive' started by Playerking, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamurottMan

SamurottMan Active Member

Blog Posts:
    That promotion at the end of DP really helped them get on their feet.

Poke Trey, kantoskies and Gabo2oo like this.
  2. ii kanji

ii kanji Rocket Cheerleader

Blog Posts:
    Just what are they trying to hide from us by giving us so little information?!

3. martianmister

martianmister マーシャンミスター

Blog Posts:
    A wedding?

ii kanji likes this.
  4. Kirby4ever

Kirby4ever Likes cute Pokemon

Blog Posts:
    Maybe an evolution?

SonansuMan, ii kanji and SinnohEevee like this.
  5. FinnishPokéFan92

FinnishPokéFan92 A Random Alolan PokéFan

Blog Posts:
    Given James's history of not having evolved any of his Pokémon since Johto and his habit of using an unevolved Pokémon as his main fighter since Cacnea, I unfortunately doubt that. Plus, a Toxapex would be too powerful for the TRio, IMO.

6. martianmister

martianmister マーシャンミスター

Blog Posts:
    IMHO, all signs pointing to a release. Even if she evolve, she won't be a part of Kojiro's team.

7. FinnishPokéFan92

Blog Posts:
    It could also be similar to the scenario where James tried to release Inkay in XY, but it chose to stay with him.

8. Jez

Jez Registered User

Blog Posts:
    Here is the scenario that I imagine for this episode (*Sorry for my bad English, I speak french and I'm not good bilingual)

Mareanie seems really devastated, in more we see it in the Kukui house at night... maybe James will be really hurt by Toxapex by the fault of Mareanie because it was boasting about James's coolness so much, with the fantaisy of him fighting tentacruel in bare hands with just a kick, and that made Toxapex jealous and wanting to battle James...

In more, in the small scene after the preview (on the longest video) we see James hesitate to fight against Toxapex and he watch Mareanie ...

So, Mareanie felt guilty????? Kukui, his wife and Ash could then help the sad pokémon to feel better?

Maybe the god XD Bewear will take care of James but during this time Mareanie will run away and will be found alone and in tears by the twerp and his teachers who will discuss with it about the love and comfort it.

James is not the type who wants to keep those he loves with him when he thinks they will be happier with someone else (XY 63 with the scene of Jessie wishing to leave the team for Dr. White for exemple or the end of the episode XY54 when he wanted Inkay to leave because he thought the pokemon would be happier with the others inkay or in the DP 54 "Once there were Greenfields" when he tells Cacnea to go with Gardenia), so toxapex probably did not respect Mareanie in the past...

What are the scenarios that you imagine?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Karalala, Singaporean and TRNatalie like this.
  9. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    NOT AGAIN
    Really? Like what?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but the timing is so off - why would they do this episode now if he is going to release her?
    I was going to ask where I could find this but I found it myself, thanks Twitter... For anyone interested:

View: https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/951400401953202176

I'm sure you're more or less on the money Jez, but I'm not sure the vs. Dokukurage thing is a fantasy sequence - it's not fluffy enough around the edges! I want it to be reckon it's more like Kojirou beats off that thing first by coincidence and then gets cocky about his powers and has his arse handed to him by Dohidoide :p

Jez likes this.
  10. TRNatalie

TRNatalie Active member

Blog Posts:
    I can't really see Hidoide leaving in this episode based on the summaries. From what they've said so far, it doesn't seem as if Hidoide has any desire to leave Kojiro to go with Dohidoide as the present goes.
    As ii kanji said, I think you pretty much got it although I think the Dokukurage scene could be a dream sequence in the very beginning but the scene could be real too.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  11. kantoskies

kantoskies Prepare for over-used stock animation!

Blog Posts:
    The only thing that would be weird about Hidoide leaving would be that Kojiro would be without a Pokemon while Musashi has two. I mean I guess it was like that for a handful of episodes at the beginning of the series and he went over 20 episodes in BW without a Pokemon and they don't really run into Satoshi and friends much any more.....but still it would be a bit weird.

When was the last time we had an emotional Rocket release? DP? It would be kind of refreshing.

12. SonansuMan

SonansuMan That's the way it is.

Blog Posts:
    Is anyone else getting "For The Love of Meowth" vibes from this?

Singaporean likes this.
  13. FinnishPokéFan92

Blog Posts:
    I could see Mareanie having conflicting feelings about whether it loves James or Toxapex more, OR that something happened between Mareanie and Toxapex, and now it loves James more, which Toxapex isn't taking lightly, possibly even claiming that James stole Mareanie from it or something.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  14. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    They've emphasised this SO much that it's the only thing actually that makes me suspicious that it could go.
    Yes it was DP, and yes I'd love it to happen again, but to do it now would be a big mistake I think. Not only is Kojiro bound to be without any Pokemon for a period of time (what would he even catch?) but whatever replaced it would not have its fair share of the series to be in the spotlight! Unless they go all pre-BW on us and allow this Pokemon to stay until part-way through Gen VIII.
    Honestly? No.

Poke Trey, Jez and TRNatalie like this.
  15. SinnohEevee

SinnohEevee Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    It's too early to release Mareanie now.
    Jessie caught Dustox in AG.

16. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2018
  17. martianmister

martianmister マーシャンミスター

Blog Posts:
    Hidoide only attracted to Kojiro in the first place because he looks like her former love interest. And her relationship with Kojiro can't be truly fullfilled, as they can't be a real couple, because of the obvious reasons. It would be really weird for Hidoide to choose Kojiro, instead of someone who she could actually "marry" and form a couple with.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    SinnohEevee likes this.
  18. EXGShadow

EXGShadow Member

Blog Posts:
    This last clip gave me the impression that Mareanie decided to stick with James, and then Toxapex attacked him out of jealously, prompting Mareanie to change her mind and leave with Toxapex for his sake. James doesn't take it too well, and decides to fight back.

19. ii kanji

Blog Posts:
    Agreed, in the first place, but how about now? He looked like his normal self in her recent wedding fantasy... I think she loves him now because he treats her really well.
    All the evidence thus far paints this Dohidoide guy as not very nice, and I don't think Pokeani is irresponsible enough to show the message "if he's right on paper but treats you bad... you should still go for him!"

(Also Sonansu not long ago chose to stay with his trainer just because when he could have had a certified happy ending...)

But...
    They absolutely have to directly address this point in the episode for the story to make sense if she chooses to stay with Kojirou. I hope they will, and Hidoide can make an informed decision whether to go with her first love who appears to be a dick, or to stay with her wonderful trainer who is never going to have romantic love for her...

20. WatcherMark

WatcherMark Active Member

Blog Posts:
    ...and will unceremoniously ditch her at Team Rocket HQ once the series is over, most likely.

Alola, SonansuMan, kantoskies and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.