• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review SM058: Don't Cry, Hidoide!

A soldier of kindness
Reaction score
I've finally watched this episode. I love TR so I was excited for this one.

Kojiro is one of the most developed characters in the series so episodes about him are always a treat. In fact, every season where the epi about him, its usually my favorite of the entire season.

There were a lot of cool moments, but the episode itself was more on 6-8 to me on the scale to 10.

Something interesting to me about Kojiro is the difference in his strength when he's fighting a fight just because and a fight because he's protecting the ones he loves. When Tentacruel tried twice to mess with his Pokemon, Kojiro went hard and shonen shining hero for them. That last scene, he literally flings that 122 pound sea creature into who knows what like it was nothing.

I hope we get more Team Rocket centric episodes this saga, especially ones about their past.

Rating: 7.2/10

A soldier of kindness
Reaction score
Do anyone else weirded out by how Kojiro said that he's not deserving Hidoide because he's not good as Dohidoide? He talks like Hidoide is his girlfriend or something.
Not really, only because its Kojiro. I don't think he thinks about the way he says things to worry about what it sounds like. Lol.

Also, because Kojiro would speak that way about any of his Pokemon if he believed another Pokemon or trainer would make them happier.

Part of that, I believe, comes from his past with Growlithe and how it always stood at his side --- even to this day despite the fact that Kojiro could never do anything for it but probably make it sad.

Team Rocket that’s right!
Reaction score
I loved this episode!
It was centered around Kojiro, it was emotional, charming, and funny if a little weird at times(kind of like its protagonist), Musashi and Nyasu are treated like friends, Satoshi was limited to what was needed in the narrative, and the Team Rocket theme that played during the fight(!!!!)! All of it was so good!!
Also, because Kojiro would speak that way about any of his Pokemon if he believed another Pokemon or trainer would make them happier.
He's also done it for Musashi and Nyasu as well. Usually if he thinks a friend would be happier somewhere else, he'll(or at least try to) let them go.