• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM058: Don't Cry, Hidoide!

I've finally watched this episode. I love TR so I was excited for this one.

Kojiro is one of the most developed characters in the series so episodes about him are always a treat. In fact, every season where the epi about him, its usually my favorite of the entire season.

There were a lot of cool moments, but the episode itself was more on 6-8 to me on the scale to 10.

Something interesting to me about Kojiro is the difference in his strength when he's fighting a fight just because and a fight because he's protecting the ones he loves. When Tentacruel tried twice to mess with his Pokemon, Kojiro went hard and shonen shining hero for them. That last scene, he literally flings that 122 pound sea creature into who knows what like it was nothing.

I hope we get more Team Rocket centric episodes this saga, especially ones about their past.

Rating: 7.2/10

Do anyone else weirded out by how Kojiro said that he's not deserving Hidoide because he's not good as Dohidoide? He talks like Hidoide is his girlfriend or something.

Not really, only because its Kojiro. I don't think he thinks about the way he says things to worry about what it sounds like. Lol.

Also, because Kojiro would speak that way about any of his Pokemon if he believed another Pokemon or trainer would make them happier.

Part of that, I believe, comes from his past with Growlithe and how it always stood at his side --- even to this day despite the fact that Kojiro could never do anything for it but probably make it sad.

I loved this episode!
It was centered around Kojiro, it was emotional, charming, and funny if a little weird at times(kind of like its protagonist), Musashi and Nyasu are treated like friends, Satoshi was limited to what was needed in the narrative, and the Team Rocket theme that played during the fight(!!!!)! All of it was so good!!
Also, because Kojiro would speak that way about any of his Pokemon if he believed another Pokemon or trainer would make them happier.
He's also done it for Musashi and Nyasu as well. Usually if he thinks a friend would be happier somewhere else, he'll(or at least try to) let them go.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom