• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

PREVIEW: SM059: Mao and Suiren, the Bittersweet Memories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Blaze

Majestic
Reaction score
  • Staff
Suiren's sisters Ho and Sui tell Satoshi's classmates Mao and Suiren about the time they got lost in the forest and were helped by a mysterious Pokémon.
Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Episode Director 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Animation Director 西谷泰史 (Yasushi Nishitani)
Animation Director 秋山泰彦 (Yasuhiko Akiyama)
Credit goes to Dephender for the translation of the summary and episode title and the staff list.

SammyW27

Harley D. Luffy
Reaction score
And hope Mallow gets something out of it this time. At the very least some desperately need character development...:cautious:

Last edited:

Lillie

Get in the bag Nebby
Reaction score
Mao and Suiren recently seems more closer to each other. Which is an interesting contrast to how close Mao and Lilie used to be.
I'm liking how they are distributing character interactions this series. Hopefully they'll have some meaningful interactions in this episode.

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
I just noticed how the summary just mention Satoshi for no reason.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Nice to see Mallow and Lana getting some focus, nice to see Harper and Sarah being featured as well

Rath

Reaction score
They could've easily removed the whole Ash part and the summary wouldn't be any different.
True, but Ash is the main character, so of course they'd mention their relation to him. Like how whenever it's a group activity, they say "Ash and his friends".

The fact that Ash isn't directly mentioned though could mean that this really is just a Mallow and Lana episode.

Rajas20

Reaction score
They're really focusing on Lana's sisters when the main characters get neglected for so long? K then. All this to probably introduce some new Pokemon as well in a flashback.

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
True, but Ash is the main character, so of course they'd mention their relation to him. Like how whenever it's a group activity, they say "Ash and his friends".
Then it should be "Satoshi's classmate Suiren's sisters told Satoshi's classmate Suiren" if that's the case. Which is horrifying. :cautious:
They're really focusing on Lana's sisters when the main characters get neglected for so long?
I don't think so. Episode's title is referring Mao and Suiren, so it will focus on them. Suiren's sisters too need some screentime, considering they're absent from the show for a long time.

Last edited:

Rajas20

Reaction score
I don't think so. Episode's title is referring Mao and Suiren, so it will focus on them. Suiren's sisters too need some screentime, considering they're absent from the show for a long time.
Thing is, to me that's Lana's sisters get development while Lana and Mallow sit there and go wow, that must have been really cool. Also I could personally care less for characters we've seen thrice and are pretty much annoying when they hold no important position other than to trouble their sister. Nothing against those who like them but Mallow and Sophocles need something and this just isn't it for me tbh.

FinnishPokéFan92

A Huggable Dragon Slug
Reaction score
Thing is, to me that's Lana's sisters get development while Lana and Mallow sit there and go wow, that must have been really cool.
How about the episode beginning with them just telling Mallow and Lana about their experience, and the older girls then get the focus and meet the Pokémon the twins mentioned in their story?

Rajas20

Reaction score
How about the episode beginning with them just telling Mallow and Lana about their experience, and the older girls then get the focus and meet the Pokémon the twins mentioned in their story?
I wish, I'm now wondering if they use this to introduce an UB but it's speculation at best.

Islander Princess

My Blue Sweetheart
Reaction score
Since it says "bittersweet memories," part of me wonders if maybe something similar happened to Mallow and Lana as young children and Lana's sisters telling them about it brings back memories. Which could then culminate in them going to look for this "mysterious Pokémon."

Purely speculation, but that could be a fun episode. I love seeing more backstories.

New Summaries

Neo Blaze

Majestic
Reaction score
New summaries, credit goes to Dephender
One day, Ho and Sui explain how they got lost in the forest and a huge, mysterious Pokémon helped them get back out. Mao and Suiren also remember having been helped by the same Pokémon, which they called the "Forest Grandpa", when they were small. Satoshi and the others decide to go to the forest to thank this Pokémon.
The sisters Ho and Sui got lost in the forest, but a huge, mysterious Pokémon helped them get back out. When their older sister Suiren hears this, she remembers that she too got helped by the same Pokémon, which she called the "Forest Grandpa", when she was small.
The mysterious Forest Grandpa is confirmed to be Drampa.

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
Actually Drampa is the so-called forest grandpa. Can we have at least some classmates being absent while having those that have a major role for this plot? Mallow, Lana, Kiawe and Sophocles were absent in episode sm047, but Lillie only had a minor role in the beginning and in the flashback when she was attacked by a Nihilego. And good thing our narrator has returned. He was absent for the entire Aether arc cause Lillie was in charge of narration. Wonder how the dub version of Aether arc will handle it? Maybe adding narrator's line as he says "As our journey begins!" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.