• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM059: Mao and Suiren, the Bittersweet Memories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Suiren's sisters Ho and Sui tell Satoshi's classmates Mao and Suiren about the time they got lost in the forest and were helped by a mysterious Pokémon.
Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Episode Director 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Animation Director 西谷泰史 (Yasushi Nishitani)
Animation Director 秋山泰彦 (Yasuhiko Akiyama)
Credit goes to Dephender for the translation of the summary and episode title and the staff list.

And hope Mallow gets something out of it this time. At the very least some desperately need character development...:cautious:

Last edited:
I just noticed how the summary just mention Satoshi for no reason.

They could've easily removed the whole Ash part and the summary wouldn't be any different.

True, but Ash is the main character, so of course they'd mention their relation to him. Like how whenever it's a group activity, they say "Ash and his friends".

The fact that Ash isn't directly mentioned though could mean that this really is just a Mallow and Lana episode.

They're really focusing on Lana's sisters when the main characters get neglected for so long? K then. All this to probably introduce some new Pokemon as well in a flashback.

True, but Ash is the main character, so of course they'd mention their relation to him. Like how whenever it's a group activity, they say "Ash and his friends".
Then it should be "Satoshi's classmate Suiren's sisters told Satoshi's classmate Suiren" if that's the case. Which is horrifying. :cautious:
They're really focusing on Lana's sisters when the main characters get neglected for so long?
I don't think so. Episode's title is referring Mao and Suiren, so it will focus on them. Suiren's sisters too need some screentime, considering they're absent from the show for a long time.

Last edited:
I don't think so. Episode's title is referring Mao and Suiren, so it will focus on them. Suiren's sisters too need some screentime, considering they're absent from the show for a long time.

Thing is, to me that's Lana's sisters get development while Lana and Mallow sit there and go wow, that must have been really cool. Also I could personally care less for characters we've seen thrice and are pretty much annoying when they hold no important position other than to trouble their sister. Nothing against those who like them but Mallow and Sophocles need something and this just isn't it for me tbh.

Thing is, to me that's Lana's sisters get development while Lana and Mallow sit there and go wow, that must have been really cool.

How about the episode beginning with them just telling Mallow and Lana about their experience, and the older girls then get the focus and meet the Pokémon the twins mentioned in their story?

How about the episode beginning with them just telling Mallow and Lana about their experience, and the older girls then get the focus and meet the Pokémon the twins mentioned in their story?
I wish, I'm now wondering if they use this to introduce an UB but it's speculation at best.

Since it says "bittersweet memories," part of me wonders if maybe something similar happened to Mallow and Lana as young children and Lana's sisters telling them about it brings back memories. Which could then culminate in them going to look for this "mysterious Pokémon."

Purely speculation, but that could be a fun episode. I love seeing more backstories.

New Summaries
New summaries, credit goes to Dephender
One day, Ho and Sui explain how they got lost in the forest and a huge, mysterious Pokémon helped them get back out. Mao and Suiren also remember having been helped by the same Pokémon, which they called the "Forest Grandpa", when they were small. Satoshi and the others decide to go to the forest to thank this Pokémon.
The sisters Ho and Sui got lost in the forest, but a huge, mysterious Pokémon helped them get back out. When their older sister Suiren hears this, she remembers that she too got helped by the same Pokémon, which she called the "Forest Grandpa", when she was small.
The mysterious Forest Grandpa is confirmed to be Drampa.

Actually Drampa is the so-called forest grandpa. Can we have at least some classmates being absent while having those that have a major role for this plot? Mallow, Lana, Kiawe and Sophocles were absent in episode sm047, but Lillie only had a minor role in the beginning and in the flashback when she was attacked by a Nihilego. And good thing our narrator has returned. He was absent for the entire Aether arc cause Lillie was in charge of narration. Wonder how the dub version of Aether arc will handle it? Maybe adding narrator's line as he says "As our journey begins!" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom