• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM059: Mao and Suiren, the Bittersweet Memories!

The episode disappointed me. Yeah, the TR scheme is one of the best in recent years, but everything else was predictable and formulaic. I was hoping for an episode where the drama happens on the flashback and the characters actually learn something from it, but no, everything was good and happiness. The interactions between Lana & Mallow were rushed, likewise their relationship with Drampa, which literally happened during a montage.

I've finally watched the episode. I really enjoyed it. One reason why I think Pokemon as a series has lasted so long is because they understand kids.

The characters feel like their age.

Mao and Suiren are def some of my fave Sun and Moon characters. This episode was truly made with love.

Team Rocket was fantastic in this episode.

Aside from the backstory building for Mallow and Lana, and the anime debuts of Haban Berries and Drampa, this episode wasn't anything that special. Standard filler stuff.

That Team Rocket performance, though... I cringed so hard with that one. The group's reaction to them was on point, IMO.

I liked this one a lot actually. Partially because Drampa is basically a less creepy version of Falkore from The Neverending Story crossed with a Totoro, but mainly because it contains the single most hilariously awkward Team Rocket scene to date.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom