• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM060: Lilie Soars Through the Air! The PokéSled Jump Tournament!!

Shiron learns a second move it could use only in hail I presume?
Ash tried to use a Z Move mid jump... Who didn't see that fail coming?
Most confusing thing for me had to be how glalie used Double Team on a sled and its trainer as well... Wtf was that shit?
The way Bewear appeared looked hilarious though, it keeps being a God.

All that winter-wear build up only for Kukui to remain mostly naked was a great joke!!

Buuuuut... That's about it.

I did like that it was a low-key episode simply about a trainer participating in something for their pokemon, and training to learn a move. Did it have to be Lillie and Shiron though? I do think she is great but she had a lot of exposure very recently and Shiron has learnt an ultimately useless move from this business.

Kiteruguma needs defusing (or at least an explanation), soon.

Also, why is Alola Kyuukon so frickin' small?
I still don’t get why they gave snowy a “useless move” (because she can’t use it most of the time) instead of something like ice beam or ice shard.
Because it's pretty.
(I think they are dumbasses.)
It's possible Aurora Veil doesn't have the restriction it does in the game.
Nope, it does.

All that winter-wear build up only for Kukui to remain mostly naked was a great joke!!

Buuuuut... That's about it.

I did like that it was a low-key episode simply about a trainer participating in something for their pokemon, and training to learn a move. Did it have to be Lillie and Shiron though? I do think she is great but she had a lot of exposure very recently and Shiron has learnt an ultimately useless move from this business.

Kiteruguma needs defusing (or at least an explanation), soon.

Also, why is Alola Kyuukon so frickin' small?

Because it's pretty.
(I think they are dumbasses.)

Nope, it does.
I agree with you. To snowy they should have done the same thing they did with turtunator, they should have showcased a couple of damage dealing moves and then given the “useless” move, because now snowy still can’t battle with these moves they’ve have given her. At least they should have taught her another move in this episode or something!

This episode was kind of disappointing. It wasn't the worst thing ever, but I think it could have been so much better. But first, let's talk about the good: We finally got to see Ula'ula Island. Lillie's snow outfit is cute as heck, Kiawe's Pokemon we're MVPs providing warmth for the Pokemon that didn't like the snow, Hala had a Crabominable coat and Ash using Gigavolt Havoc during the competition was funny... Yeah

Anyway, I guess I expected too much from this episode. I thought this was going to have a lot of focus and development for Lillie and Snowy, but...nothing really happened with them. Snowy learned Aurora Veil I guess, but that's it. The struggles with the sled competition were resolved pretty damn fast. Hell the competition itself lasted only like 7 minutes at the end of the episode. It felt super rushed imo.

Also, why the hell did Kiawe enter the competition with Turtonator instead of with Marowak? Not only has the damn ghost done literally NOTHING since being captured, Marowak was literally the best Pokemon he could have done this with since it's the only one he has that isn't a giant freaking behemoth. This competition was so damn minor that they could have easily given the spotlight to Marowak for one minute, but I guess that's too much to ask...

Anyway, 4/10. Meh...

The nonchalant commentary takes the cake here, it's just so typical in these kind of sports.

The actual competition was pretty fun. The old dude constantly making the wrong calls was funny, and it was nice to hear Brock host the thing too.

I wonder what the dub will call Lana's yokan.

Last edited:
This episode was kind of disappointing. It wasn't the worst thing ever, but I think it could have been so much better. But first, let's talk about the good: We finally got to see Ula'ula Island. Lillie's snow outfit is cute as heck, Kiawe's Pokemon we're MVPs providing warmth for the Pokemon that didn't like the snow, Hala had a Crabominable coat and Ash using Gigavolt Havoc during the competition was funny... Yeah

Anyway, I guess I expected too much from this episode. I thought this was going to have a lot of focus and development for Lillie and Snowy, but...nothing really happened with them. Snowy learned Aurora Veil I guess, but that's it. The struggles with the sled competition were resolved pretty damn fast. Hell the competition itself lasted only like 7 minutes at the end of the episode. It felt super rushed imo.

Also, why the hell did Kiawe enter the competition with Turtonator instead of with Marowak? Not only has the damn ghost done literally NOTHING since being captured, Marowak was literally the best Pokemon he could have done this with since it's the only one he has that isn't a giant freaking behemoth. This competition was so damn minor that they could have easily given the spotlight to Marowak for one minute, but I guess that's too much to ask...

Anyway, 4/10. Meh...
At least Sophocles won that Charjabug race in episode SM041, but the pancake and sled races were kinda boring. I'm glad we are saying goodbye to Pose and Alola now. Get hype for the Ultra Guardian arc next week.

*cough*PokémonLeague*cough*

And even if he never returned there, Alolan Sandshrew can be found elsewhere too. Like Tapu Village. Or maybe somewhere else, if the show makers desire to take that liberty.

Maybe or maybe not. But I also doubt, that place could introduced Alolan Graveler as well. But just like I say it and will prove again. Ash was never interesting about Sandshrew at all. Past, present and future even is Alolan form.

At least Sophocles won that Charjabug race in episode SM041, but the pancake and sled races were kinda boring. I'm glad we are saying goodbye to Pose and Alola now. Get hype for the Ultra Guardian arc next week.

Watch at your own risk. The new opening contain spoiler. Like Necrozma split into two mode (Dusk Mane & Dawn Wings). Mallow Steenee evolve into Tsareena, Lana Popplio evolve to Brionne. Lillie lovely snowy evolve to Alolan Ninetales with the additional of her catching Alolan Sandshrew and getting her own Z-Ring and Z-Crystal (Icium Z). Many Ultra Beasts at the background, where Ash and the other must catch them and bring them back to Ultra Space with the dark background covering Guzzlord. Nanu & Acerola made an appearance.

I believe, the opening will be something like Be An Arrow from Black & White series.

Last edited:
Meh, this episode to me was merely a pitstop for the one next week. That's where the real action will begin. No,not because of the sentai parody (which I still think is pointless, like seriously, your law enforcement is so weak that you have to rely on children?), but because of the introduction of the UB.

As much as I appreciate a Lilie-Shiron centerized episode, and the little part where Lilie started to practise, decided to conquer her fear and Vulpix improved Aurora Veil are worth mentioning as upsides of the episode, overall the rest was handled not so well. Still better than some other episodes in the series. Hopefully shit will get real next week.

It's nothing previously unseen. Remember Ash vs Tate and Liza? Ash had Swellow use Double Team while Pikachu was riding it, and it affected both of them.

I kinda get two Pokemon though but an inanimate object and a human just seems a bit weird. At least Pokemon are able to use the move so it makes sense in a way.

Did people really miss the part when Lillie explicitly says that Shiron can use Hail? That means it can use Aurora Veil basically whenever it wants since the anime isn't turn based.

Did people really miss the part when Lillie explicitly says that Shiron can use Hail? That means it can use Aurora Veil basically whenever it wants since the anime isn't turn based.

Think it's a surprise because Shiron literally never was shown to 1. Train with Lillie, 2. Learn Hail. Bit out of the blue imo.
At least when we see other Pokemon with new moves, said trainers are known to train their Pokemon a lot or the Pokemon themselves train a lot. Kiawe's Marowak for instance.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom