• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM061: Set Off! Our Ultra Guardians!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TR didn't try to follow them at any point.
Rewatch the episode...
I'm not sure of it but I get the feeling that would happen, the writers deliberately never show us Bewear go all out on anything and leave it as this god like Pokemon we know nothing of. I just don't see it changing sadly. If it does then I'll be happy, Bewear is one Pokemon I'm most interested in for the SM anime.
Because it's the SM anime, Kiteruguma must have a story waiting to be told. I'm not sure it has anything to do with UBs mind you, but I will be shocked and disappointed if its character & background remains unexposed for the entire series.

Rewatch the episode...
This is how it's subbed:
Screenshot_2018-01-10-01-44-06-1.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-01-44-11-1.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-01-44-19-1.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-01-45-13-1.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-01-45-24-1.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-01-44-42-1.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-01-44-36-2.png
Is it translated wrong?

Rewatch the episode...

Because it's the SM anime, Kiteruguma must have a story waiting to be told. I'm not sure it has anything to do with UBs mind you, but I will be shocked and disappointed if its character & background remains unexposed for the entire series.

I'll be honest, I don't really know if they'll give us a proper explanation of Bewear and it's past. SM has been pretty hit or miss for me in that regard. The sometimes just spit out a quick flashback scene and we're supposed to gauge the importance of a relationship by that or even we know nothing of the past then something randomly happens like the wedding.

#awks
I obvs just don't know the word for retreat! Watching it on my phone on the train on my way home from work it seemed pretty obvious they were off to chase the brats but I guess they just wanted to go home...?

Still though, Kiteruguma loves taking them home - why make them stay?! There's a story here folks and I won't be satisfied till I've got to the bottom of it!! (Said the same thing about the Evil Calamanero story from Kalos though and look where that ended...)

corocoro2181.jpg

ULTRA GUARDIANS HYPE!!
LITTEN EVOLVES!!
ASH CATCHES POIPOLE?!!
Now that this is a thing, anyone wanna speculate if either of these revelations is going to happen in this episode?

corocoro2181.jpg

ULTRA GUARDIANS HYPE!!
LITTEN EVOLVES!!
ASH CATCHES POIPOLE?!!
Now that this is a thing, anyone wanna speculate if either of these revelations is going to happen in this episode?

Translations:

AN ULTRA ADVENTURE BEGINS!!
New developments take place in the super popular Pokémon anime!
The search for the highly mysterious Ultra Beasts begins!!

"Set Off! We Are The Ultra Guardians!!"
Satoshi and the others have been inaugurated as Ultra Guardians! They will travel around Alola in order to return the Ultra beasts to the world they came from!!

The keyword is "Ultrager"!

*Fierce battles with Ultra Beasts break out...!!?
*Pikachu gets startled by a mysterious Pokémon that suddenly appears!
*Lusamine gives Satoshi and the others their orders! Set off!

Last edited:
Popplio's bow pretty much confirms it to be female, since the other three wearing bows (Steenee, Togedemaru, and Snowy) are confirmed as female.

So those four are female, while the rest of the Pokemon are male.
Certainly. There is no other explanation. That kind of makes sense.

corocoro2181.jpg

ULTRA GUARDIANS HYPE!!
LITTEN EVOLVES!!
ASH CATCHES POIPOLE?!!

Everything looks so good. Excited! Torracat and possibly Ash catching Poipole.
I can't help but notice that only Togedemaru, Steenee, Popplio and Vulpix are wearing ribbons attached to their buttons-like things. Does that in a way confirm their female gender?

Everything looks so good. Excited! Torracat and possibly Ash catching Poipole.
I can't help but notice that only Togedemaru, Steenee, Popplio and Vulpix are wearing ribbons attached to their buttons-like things. Does that in a way confirm their female gender?

Yes. Togedemaru and Steenee have been confirmed as females within the show itself, and Vulpix has been confirmed as a female via an in-game event. The same event also confirmed Kiawe's Turtonator as male. So yes, the Pokemon wearing bows/ribbons are female, and the ones wearing necklaces are mlaes.

I don't think Ash will capture Poipole. What I think will happen is that it will travel with the group through the ultra guardian arc.

I admit, that is a good possibility. However, do remember that Ash's party still has two empty slots that need to be filled up.

I'm sure they will be filled. I just can't see Ash capturing something that is in some sense a legendary (Ultra Beast) and have it spend it's golden years at Oak's ranch playing card games with Infernape and Sceptile. Especially since we probably won't even see it again for 10-20 years after this generation.

Based on the precedent that XY(Z) set, I think Ash will only bring 3 or 4 'mon back with him when he goes back to Oak's. This is just my thought and may not be the reality, I think Ash will leave one (or two) Pokemon behind in Alola for whatever reason (Decidueye staying behind to protect it's family of Toucannon/Pikipeck, Incineroar joining some weird fighting league, etc).

I'm sure they will be filled. I just can't see Ash capturing something that is in some sense a legendary (Ultra Beast) and have it spend it's golden years at Oak's ranch playing card games with Infernape and Sceptile. Based on the precedent that XY(Z) set, I think Ash will only bring 3 or 4 'mon back with him when he goes back to Oak's.
Ultra Beasts aren't technically Legendaries, more closer to pseudo-legendaries, maybe. And thanks to Goodra, we know the idea of Ash having a pseudo wouldn't be unprecedented. Anime can also take liberties in how powerful Poipole and Naganadel are portrayed as. Obviously, being an Ultra Beast, Naganadel is going to be quite powerful, but Poipole isn't so much, which gives it the chance to build up for evolution. Let's face it, Naganadel is going to appear in the anime sooner or later, and what better way than building it up from this Poipole?

Also, kinda hard to say that XY set anything in that regard, since it was only one time. In all other times since the end of Johto, Ash has left five Pokémon at Oak's every time he's started over, technically even more in the case of Unova. So that argument doesn't really work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom