• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM062: The Evil Nyarth is an Alolan Nyarth!?

(I wonder why Kojiro replaced his collection of bottle caps by a pokéballs collection ???)
Musashi used all them as fake ribbons and fake badges AG167 and DP008, I guess? He lost the "rarest one" in DP165. If I remember it correctly, that's last time we seen his collection. He never referenced them in BW. There was a flashback in XY where we seen his first collection in the past, but there is nothing in the present.

Top 5 Sun&Moon episodes, hands down.

Inuko Inuyama absolutely nailed it, especially in the cold open. I could tell she was having a lot of fun. Musashi was also hilarious as always. LOVED the remix of the Kanto Sakaki theme, was it from movie 20? I also liked the bit with Satoshi accidentally slipping and causing the explosion. And Alola Nyarth going to HQ was a nice twist, though I was half expecting to see Yamato capture it at the end. And I forget if I've commented on this before but I really like the way Matori is drawn in this series, her keeping the XY-style hair shine gives her design a nice edge that sets her apart from the rest of the cast.

My only gripe is they didn't do a gag with Alola Nyarth replacing ours during the motto. Had this been DP, AG, or OS they absolutely would have done something.

LOVED the remix of Danka that played in the bar scene - another new one?!)

I *think* it was in SM058 at the very end but I'm not sure.

Jessie's characterization was pretty good here. Even if she doesn't apologize directly, she does care about eating Meowth's ice cream instead of simply disregarding the matter (which I think she could've easily done in the AG era, or depending on the writer).

I also like how Wobbuffet seems to be the one that cares the most about Meowth. He's the first to notice something's odd with Meowth when they find him, he wakes him up from the grave, etc. They tend to be paired together so it makes perfect sense for Wobbuffet to pay him more attention.

I'm no shipper but when Jessie and James find "Meowth" in the swamp they act just like a couple trying to cheer up their kid, it's really cute.

And giving Matori a Pokémon is just the icing on the cake from this episode. I'm glad they've been gradually giving her more stuff to do rather than just standing on Giovanni's side. Not to mention that left a good impression on her and the boss! I often get the feel Team Rocket have been hanging on a thread lately so this was a nice change of pace.

I only watched the episode for Alolan Meowth and Alolan Meowth was pretty much the only thing likable about this episode. I mean, I guess it was nice to see Oranguru again and we got a small smidgen of a battle. And we see that Wobbufffet is the only one who gives a damn about Meowth's existence. And the writers showed that, if there were any doubts left, they don't give a damn about logic with these Bewear gags anymore since they can just have the 3000 lb behemoth use paper thin leaves to fly. But otherwise this episode was pretty lame by virtue of being a TR episode.

Well, I am back from the dead, because this episode has given me LIFE.

I have really been anticipating this episode ever since the concept of an Alolan Nyasu was announced, and it took FOREVER, but I am soooo happy! LOVE LOVE LOVE. The face expressions! The animation! The ice cream drama! Alolan Nyasu's sass! Inuko Inuyama's voice-acting the hell out of everything! This honestly goes on my list of all-time greats. And I'm pretty thrilled that we'll probably see more of it in future episodes, now that Alolan Nyasu will be at the TR base.

YAY. :3

I watched it just to see Jessie get some comeuppance. Seriously, what kind of person just eats another person's stuff? (it also happened way more often than I would have liked, so I understand Meowth's gried...plus I don't like Jessie in general.) I'm starting to really like Giovanni's secretary, mostly because she is to Jessie what Persian (and now A-Meowth) is to Meowth.

Omode is the new Oohashi:
(LOVED the remix of Danka that played in the bar scene - another new one?!)
Unfortunately ... Some writters should really reflect or look at the old episodes before writing in the easiest way to the detriment of the depth of the characters... Yes it was a very fun episode with a great animation, fan-service and a lot of good things but.......I can not forget some great moments of Kojiro sacrificing himself to not let Meowth in pain in "Training daze" or the reactions of Kojiro and Musashi in "Meowth rules" for example. T_T

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-02-16-09-48-49-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-02-16-09-48-49-1.png
    941.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Watching the sub version, I have to feel sorry for Meowth, the way Jessie treats him is horrible. Shame that Meowth doesn't give up on Team Rocket and realize he would get way better treatment with Ash and his friends.

Really love the way Oranguru comforts Meowth at its bar, hope we see more of Oranguru and its bar

Damn ! I just watched the episode with subtitles right now and my opinion about it has totally changed. I was wrong, my impressions were skewed. Musashi apologized in some way and Kojiro wanted to offer his pudding to Nyarth. I learned a lesson : "Never watch an episode in raw anymore"

Damn ! I just watched the episode with subtitles right now and my opinion about it has totally changed. I was wrong, my impressions were skewed. Musashi apologized in some way and Kojiro wanted to offer his pudding to Nyarth. I learned a lesson : "Never watch an episode in raw anymore"
My personal opinion would go as follows: "Don't jump into conclusions based on raw episodes without subtitles."

I wonder how Alolan Meowth and Persian will interact in the future. It seems quite content with Matori but it may try to steal the Top Cat position from Persian, which would either fuel the Meowth rivalry or give them something to work together on.

It took them over 20 years, but they FINALLY sent a Pokemon to TR HQ.

What's more, they finally learned about Z-Rings. I think we can see where this is heading ;) (it better head that way :mad:).
I'm especially hoping Jessie gets to use Mikikyu's Z-Move. Though chances are Acerola will have it instead :(

Last edited:
It took them over 20 years, but they FINALLY sent a Pokemon to TR HQ.

What's more, they finally learned about Z-Rings. I think we can see where this is heading ;) (it better head that way :mad:).
I'm especially hoping Jessie gets to use Mikikyu's Z-Move. Though chances are Acerola will have it instead.
Nah. I have a feeling Acerola will get using the standard Ghost-type Z-Move. It still remains to be seen who gets the Mimikium Z...

It's a long shot, but I'd love to see Meowth eventually learning Night Slash.

Inuko is a Goddess. Can anyone who hears her in this episode even imagine that there is a human woman behind Nyasu?! She is just the most underrated but simultaneously talented member of the cast that it boggles the mind. Does anyone even dare imagine how this episode is going to feel in the dub?...

I must admit, Alola Nyasu really had me at the end as well - what a fantastic twist! I hope we'll get to see it again (given SM's track record I don't think that's too much to hope for). I also love the theory that it could be a spy for Nanu, but I do think that's probably too clever even for SM.
I *think* it was in SM058 at the very end but I'm not sure.
I think that's a different remix (which I heard in this episode at a different point too!)
I also like how Wobbuffet seems to be the one that cares the most about Meowth. He's the first to notice something's odd with Meowth when they find him, he wakes him up from the grave, etc. They tend to be paired together so it makes perfect sense for Wobbuffet to pay him more attention.
Best thing about this episode hands down! I loved that he even has his own call for him ("Na-nsu~!") :X3: Top bromance of the show, SatoPika have nothing on these guys.
Did someone forget the absolute icon that was Miss Powehouse Yanmega?
Also, who can forget the classic moment when they hand-delivered Togepi?...

So then that's what, 4 Danka remixes including the standard motto track? It's a nice tune but c'mon guys at least remix something else for them, they've had like 4 motto themes and 2 vocal songs to choose from, not to mention the actual game music....

Does anyone even dare imagine how this episode is going to feel in the dub?...

God.......Zoppi's Meowth is the main reason I finally quit the dub so this episode would just reaffirm that decision.

Did someone forget the absolute icon that was Miss Powehouse Yanmega?

My wig is still snatched all these years later

Out of all the possibilities for Alola Nyarth's hypothetical return, just being another rival for ours is actual a bit underwhelming for me. My vote would either be to be a spy for Nanu like has been suggested or to be assigned to Yamato/Kosaburo and have them make a comeback. Having an over-powered Nyarth that can't speak human language makes way more sense for the duo and I'm still surprised they were given a random Ratta instead.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom