• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM065: Ilima and Eievui IliMake Their Entrance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
SM065 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Airs March 8
Satoshi and his friends were doing battle practice at the Pokémon School when the graduate student Ilima came visiting. Mao and the others know who he is, and explain that he is the greatest prodigy that has ever attended the school, one that left behind numerous legends of his prowess. Satoshi and the others go to see Ilima and check if the legends are true, but...
Screenplay 宮田由佳 (Yuka Miyata)
Storyboard 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Episode Director 傳沙織 (Saori Den)
Animation Director 伊藤典子 (Noriko Ito)
Credit for the translation of the episode title, summary and staff list goes to Dephender.

Ilima. About time he got in (And this might automatically mean we will get too see Molayne and Kahili as well in the future). Him having Eevee is most likely to showcase Extreme Eeveeboost (Yeah... i know its spelt differently, but imo, GF/Translation messed up the name) and if thats the case we can scratch Lillie catching Eevee in the near future.

Neat. The one Trial Captain I was most worried about showing up is. I feel better.

Though the question is if this Eevee will stay an Eevee, or evolve at some point...

Though I'll bet even money that they'll set him up to be really cool, then reveal that he's actually a klutz or dope or something unflattering. (the summary sure hints at it)

Ilima. About time he got in (And this might automatically mean we will get too see Molayne and Kahili as well in the future).

Could this be the only Saga where ALL the characters from the games get an appearance??? o_O

Last edited:
Could this be the only Saga where ALL the characters from the games get an appearance??? o_O

I doubt cameos like Sina, Dexio and Wally will appear. But everyone introduced in Alola has a decent chance of appearing, except for maybe Mohn and Hau.

Took him long enough I guess, at this point I doubt he'd be interesting to me anyways. Writers seem to be throwing random things in each episode just to fill time.

Well, since it's already been confirmed by that poster that Acerola will also eventually be making an appearance in this new season, I think it's now safe to assume that Mina will as well, eventually.

Prediction for who's that pokemon in sm065 - Eevee: Original dub and English Dub

And that, Eevee is going to make a z-move with those eeveelutions, including sylveon, glaceon, leafeon, flareon, espeon, umbreon, vaporeon and jolteon

Took him long enough I guess, at this point I doubt he'd be interesting to me anyways. Writers seem to be throwing random things in each episode just to fill time.
Random things like having characters from the games appear? I don't get your point at all.

Random things like having characters from the games appear? I don't get your point at all.

What's there to get? Trial was done since episode 5-6? Ilima now appears for a random COTD moment? What's the point, they're misusing great game characters for nothing important so yes, it's absolute crap just to fill time.

What's there to get? Trial was done since episode 5-6? Ilima now appears for a random COTD moment? What's the point, they're misusing great game characters for nothing important so yes, it's absolute crap just to fill time.
Basically every traveling companion Ash has had has been there not to particularly fulfill their in-game role too. And since Sun & Moon actually seems to care a bit more about its characters and writing a cohesive universe I wouldn't be surprised that this wasn't a one time thing.

(Also let's be honest, trial captains in games barely serve any role other than tell the player character what the trial is, while the Totem Pokémon fight is what really matters, having the trial captains be actual characters unlike most gym leaders from the past is the best approach possible).

And since Sun & Moon actually seems to care a bit more about its characters and writing a cohesive universe I wouldn't be surprised that this wasn't a one time thing.
Now that's just unfair to previous sagas...
SM049 - Faba is so evil that even Team Rocket deserted him.
540.jpg

SM055 - He and his pokemon are guests of honour in Kukui's wedding.
548.jpg

It's bad writing even for Pokemon standards.

Now that's just unfair to previous sagas...
SM049 - Faba is so evil that even Team Rocket deserted him.
View attachment 108203
SM055 - He and his pokemon are guests of honour in Kukui's wedding.
View attachment 108204
It's bad writing even for Pokemon standards.
You can pretend it wasn't addressed all you want.

For a proper example of the world of difference between previous series and this one take a look at the TRio. They used to appear 90% of the time as plot devices, but in SM they've actually put the effort to actually humanize them having them not be the built-in conflict machine of every little plot-line that doesn't involve gyms nor the main villain team and actually have them do stuff beyond trying to catch Pikachu.

There was no point in having Ilima appear back then because they did away with the concept of Trial Captains. They're just bringing him in now because they're contractually required to show off Eevee's signature Z-Move.

Basically every traveling companion Ash has had has been there not to particularly fulfill their in-game role too. And since Sun & Moon actually seems to care a bit more about its characters and writing a cohesive universe I wouldn't be surprised that this wasn't a one time thing.

(Also let's be honest, trial captains in games barely serve any role other than tell the player character what the trial is, while the Totem Pokémon fight is what really matters, having the trial captains be actual characters unlike most gym leaders from the past is the best approach possible).

SM doesn't care about their characters, don't make me laugh. they've totally done a hack job on Lillie and tried to add game moments here and there just to sell lies. That resting her head on Solgaleo moment? Just to promote game nostalgia, The outfit change? totally ruined something that had so much meaning. They totally changes Lusamine and in turn made Lillie's reasons for 'hating' her as spoiled brat as possible.
Faba was a joke, kidnapped a Pokemon and Lusamine's daughter and gets a demotion? LOL okay. The AF arc wasn't even a villain arc, unless you count a misguided scientist who acted out of fear and desire to be recognized a villain?

Tell me one thing in SM that's 'cohesive' please? there's no plot, the initial goals Ash had are gone.
Fun Fact: Ash went to every island in Alola and didn't even bother to even remember the trials. Gladion told Ash he's going to complete the trials to get stronger, Ash says well I'm gonna do that too. What does he do? Back to Slice of Life.
Trial Captains should help you understand why trials are important, they are supposed to show you the meaning behind the different trials, why they are being done. Hell they could have done anything to make the trial system seem remotely important but what do we get? A rip off of Super Sentai. That's where the anime has reached now, ripping off other shows.

Ilima being here is only random and nothing more, another rubbish call by the writers as if they've not shit on everything the game SM was good for.
There was no point in having Ilima appear back then because they did away with the concept of Trial Captains. They're just bringing him in now because they're contractually required to show off Eevee's signature Z-Move.

Anyone could show off that Z-Move, they're literally adding him to say look, we've shown an in game character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom