• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM065: Ilima and Eievui IliMake Their Entrance!!

"ARASHI NO SKICK POWER, GOSEIRED!"

Sorry, had to say that xD Imagine Ilima making this roll call someday?

Good episode. Nice animation & lots of enjoyable game music remixes. It's pretty easy to see why everyone loves Ilima. Question though - if he was holding forth about how strong the Kalos League participants were, how come he didn't recognise the runner-up?!?!?! Unless there has been another League since Satoshi lost the last one?...

Best part was of course backstory (?!) for random grunt Tupper, who was extremely cute in that Arbok onesie complete with paper-chain jewellery!! :love:

Was certainly nice to see some backstory for Tupp, it was probably that that caused him to work for Team Skull. Wonder what became of Grimer as he's only been seen using Salandit

I’m a little bit surprised that Ilama didn’t seem to recognize Ash after being abroad in the Kalos region. Because even his league ranking in that region was not mentioned, I would assume that Ash would still be a well name in Kalos after all of his contributions during the Team Flare catastrophe.

I’m a little bit surprised that Ilama didn’t seem to recognize Ash after being abroad in the Kalos region. Because even his league ranking in that region was not mentioned, I would assume that Ash would still be a well name in Kalos after all of his contributions during the Team Flare catastrophe.

People not referencing past events is normal. Plus the fact Ash knew what Mega Evos were proves he was just there.

Perhaps Ilima didn't catch the league, or he was in the middle of nowhere during the tournament.

Ilima is so annoyingly flawless... I don't like him or his Eevee. Maybe the next episode will bring some depth to them.

Exciting that Kukui mentioned building the league again. Get to it already!

Silly Tupper still thinks his male Yatoumori is going to evolve :rolleyes:

The whole 'fangirl envy' plot was hilarious, but I think they overdid it a bit near the end. I mean it was too obvious when the guys were defeated first while all the female grunts just stood in the background for so long without jumping into action.

Cute episode. Actually I'd really like to continue to see more back story for the three main Team Skull characters. I'm a sucker for "bad guy back story," however silly or brief.

That Eevee Z-move was a neat idea, but the actual execution of it seems sort of humorously illogical to me. I mean, so every time it's used, a bunch of random Eevolutions have to appear from somewhere and RUN from wherever they are to where the battle is taking place? How long does that friggin' take? I kept imagining everyone just sort of awkwardly shuffling their feet around and waiting after Ilima's dramatic Z-move command.

There is one error found in this episode during one scene with Sylveon and Jolteon. Sylveon's ears were colored the same way as its face instead of pink. If Ilima didn't know Ash was in the Kalos League, he would find him more powerful.

I was interested in seeing that grunt trio after a notable absence, but once we got to Tupp's pathetic jealousy for Ilima and how desperate he was for attention from girls, I immediately switched off. Sorry, I utterly despise such shallow blokes.

Yeah, I didn’t care much for Illima’s Mary Sue-ishness, especially given that in the games he’s the easiest Captain to defeat.

The Team Skull battle was cool though. But I’m still wondering when or if we’ll finally see Guzma in anime form.

Decent episode, although it's kinda annoying that Ilima is treated as this mythical Trainer. Ash has competed in six Leagues, surely Ilima hasn't achieved that much (aside from the trophies in principal Oak's office which could just as well be trophies for Pingpong tournaments and what not).

Also from what I understood Ilima has not actually competed in the Kalos League (yet). The way it was worded it implied that he is merely collecting Kalos Badges at this point. He must surely have heard of Ash, the saviour of the Kalos region and league runner-up, right? Unless all glory and fame truly went to Alain :mad:

On a minor note, kinda disappointed that Kagetora was treated as cameo fodder. The sidequest in the games is kinda interesting and would have made for a fun filler at least, I think.

We haven't seen Team Skull in 3000 years and they finally show up to ONCE AGAIN, get blasted by a Z-Move. Why? Why are are the main villainous team, so infrequent and pathetic? Can they show up to do something meaningful for once? I get that Team Skull was never meant to be a serious threat, but at least they actually did carry out missions in the games that the player needed to stop. And I can't believe Tupp's only gripe with Illima was that he was mad about the girls liking him more. Once again, can we give these guys an actual purpose for showing up somewhere?

Also, Extreme Evoboost...so every time anyone uses that move it just calls up a random herd of Eeveelutions to power up the Eevee before they dip out? Well, that's certainly not how I expected the move to be used, but okay.

Overall, meh episode. Illima showing up this late to just be the beloved, popular graduate student was already lame enough, but Team Skull once again being used as punching bags for such a pointless "plot point" made this episode even less enjoyable. 4/10.

We haven't seen Team Skull in 3000 years and they finally show up to ONCE AGAIN, get blasted by a Z-Move. Why? Why are are the main villainous team, so infrequent and pathetic? Can they show up to do something meaningful for once? I get that Team Skull was never meant to be a serious threat, but at least they actually did carry out missions in the games that the player needed to stop. And I can't believe Tupp's only gripe with Illima was that he was mad about the girls liking him more. Once again, can we give these guys an actual purpose for showing up somewhere?

Also, Extreme Evoboost...so every time anyone uses that move it just calls up a random herd of Eeveelutions to power up the Eevee before they dip out? Well, that's certainly not how I expected the move to be used, but okay.

Overall, meh episode. Illima showing up this late to just be the beloved, popular graduate student was already lame enough, but Team Skull once again being used as punching bags for such a pointless "plot point" made this episode even less enjoyable. 4/10.
I kinda liked Ilima. It was a decent episode, but it has its own pluses. Soon this series will decrease to zero with lower ratings if they keep doing boring stuff like this. Now I get it why most of people don't watch this series no more because of the filler episodes that became boring and meh.

I don't see this being that much of a filler episode. And have people seriously forgotten the tons of fillers we've gotten in the previous series? Or has the Sun & Moon series' controversial reputation just made people more keen to notice/point them out?

Found it even more wierd that everyone was going crazy and gaga over Ilima when it was mentioned that he participated in the Kalos earlier on. The Kalos League runner up was present there and nobody even cared about him....

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom