• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM067: Shining Love! Spinning Bevenom!!

Great and cute Episode. I take back my word. That Ash didn't going to catch Poipole. However, I have doubt that he is going to release back at the conclusion of the series.

I don't know, maybe. I think that's similar than releasing ash's greninja. By the way, awesome episode for catching poipole.

Loved the episode. Bebenomu was super cute and it had a lot of great interactions. Luckily it wasn't dialogue heavy so I can more easily wait for subs without desperation.

Also Burnett doing the PokéProblem was great :p

Great and cute Episode. I take back my word. That Ash didn't going to catch Poipole. However, I have doubt that he is going to release back at the conclusion of the series.

I think it's pretty likely that it'll be released towards the end of Sun & Moon at least. I'm assuming once Satoshi-tachi bring the light back to his world or something like that. I would definitely understand if they decided to have it stay in this world as well, since they've clearly established its fascination with almost anything. I think the first one is likelier, though.

Technically, this would make Poipole the first legendary Pokémon that Ash has ever caught. Technically if you were to consider Ultra Beasts legendary Pokémon.

I thought this episode would've ended up with Poipole flying away from Ash and co., he actually caught it right off the bat. Nice to finally a new Pokemon for him after over 40+ episodes of the same team (assuming Nebby doesn't count).

The interactions between Pikachu and Poipole were adorable, and it's cry just has such a nice feel to it.

Rowlet in particular was pretty good in this episode because it actually contributed somewhat to the story other than being a background sleeper. It attempting to attack Poipole after considering it a threat to Pikachu was a nice touch.

Team Rocket were also actually fun to watch in this episode just by seeing what they do outside of trying to typically steal a Pokémon. Loved seeing Mimikyu and Mareanie be used outside of battle too.

The only issues I have with the episode is that the battle felt too weak and the pacing seemed too fast. The battle was short-lived, but I'm at least glad to have more proper TRio battles after so long. The pacing also felt super quick considering a good portion of the episode was left by the time the climax ended.

FINAL SCORE:
9/10

(+1 for having Meowth acknowledge Litten evolving)

Given the current 'translation phase' seems to be having Poipole as more the U.G Pokemon than an Ash mon...I await people saying Ash should use it more and that not doing so is stupid.

Then again, I expected to see an avalanche of people saying Ash should have snuck the Buzzwole from a while back to Oak's and added it to his arsenal. That didn't seem to happen, surprisingly enough, or did it?

Correct me if I am wrong, thoujgh I hadn't noticed such reactions on FF.net

Nice episode. I'm also glad that Poipole seems to be Ash's Pokémon rather than belonging to the Ultra Guardians in general, like Buzzwole.

I'm personally a little surprised that Poipole's capture came so soon after its debut, but I guess we'll have time for character development for it later as well.

I seriously hope that Ash doesn't release Poipole by the end of the series, although I can't help but fear that possibility.

Can't wait to see Ash using Poipole in a battle...

Done

I found this to be a rather fun episode, was nice to see Bewear being inventive in the way it rescues Team Rocket

Really glad that Ash caught Poipole, hope it evolves for the league, I see it being a strong battler
Thanks. While you're at it, can you add Hala, Ash, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles and Kiawe doing WTP for episode SM051 in the dub version? Lillie isn't heard with them and Hala is.

Nice episode. I'm also glad that Poipole seems to be Ash's Pokémon rather than belonging to the Ultra Guardians in general, like Buzzwole.

I'm personally a little surprised that Poipole's capture came so soon after its debut, but I guess we'll have time for character development for it later as well.

I seriously hope that Ash doesn't release Poipole by the end of the series, although I can't help but fear that possibility.

Can't wait to see Ash using Poipole in a battle...

A guess, but if we see any Ultra Megalopians pop in Poipole will go home with them. If we go through with no blue skinned peoples, Poipole will become the crowning jewel of Professor Oak's post Alola research.

Inb4 Poipole becomes Ash's ace, eventually evolves into Naganadel and then leaves him at the end of SM to become the protector of Ultra Megalopolis.

Nice episode though.
You got it. By the way, where the heck is Faba? Shouldn't he be Wicke's assistant or something?

Thanks. While you're at it, can you add Hala, Ash, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles and Kiawe doing WTP for episode SM051 in the dub version? Lillie isn't heard with them and Hala is.

Done

You got it. By the way, where the heck is Faba? Shouldn't he be Wicke's assistant or something?

Probably being punished by doing something terrible off-screen

Inb4 Poipole becomes Ash's ace, eventually evolves into Naganadel and then leaves him at the end of SM to become the protector of Ultra Megalopolis.

Nice episode though.
I think Torracat is gonna be Ash's ace, but Poipole could be like Goodra, in the sense that it's a member if Ash's team who may not be his regional star, but is still "above average", so to say.

I think Torracat is gonna be Ash's ace, but Poipole could be like Goodra, in the sense that it's a member if Ash's team who may not be his regional star, but is still "above average", so to say.
Was there a reason to feature a Torracat in Dare Da? I thought it would be Poipole, but nah, It's Torracat. I hope the dub version will feature Poipole instead of Torracat.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom