• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM069: The Shining Starship Tekkaguya!

Great episode! Especially the gang digging out out of Celesteela as it tried to return back to the world. Where it belong.

Why did they skip Poke Problem for today's episode? Instead, they showed a new trailer of the 21st movie with a Zeraora event. Anyway, that was a nice episode.

Why did they skip Poke Problem for today's episode? Instead, they showed a new trailer of the 21st movie with a Zeraora event. Anyway, that was a nice episode.
@radek.tadajewski.7
The only thing that disappointed is there is no battle on this episode except only preventing the forest to be set on fire from the Celesteela blaster. Wish more can happen in the future episodes following by episode 74 of Nanu debut.

@radek.tadajewski.7
The only thing that disappointed is there is no battle on this episode except only preventing the forest to be set on fire from the Celesteela blaster. Wish more can happen in the future episodes following by episode 74 of Nanu debut.
The ranch episode will have a pure battle, I think. Sometimes there are some episodes that do not include any battles.

The ranch episode will have a pure battle, I think. Sometimes there are some episodes that do not include any battles.
@radek.tadajewski.7
Yeah, I know some of the episode from months ago, that with no battle that become another category of the worse episode But, this one is a little bit of disappointed since it is the fourth ultra beasts making appearance. However, it later turns into another touching tale from the story of Princess Kaguya, that wanted to get back home, where it had landed.

Edit: Hope, the future episode of other ultra beasts such as Xurkitree, Kartana or Pheromosa have that kind of intense feeling of endangering the people, Where Ash and his friends have to deal without their equipment at the start of the Ula Ula Arc of special class-trip.

I would have liked Sophocles to catch Celesteela and then release it but still a nice episode overall. The fact that they couldn't catch it did that mean that Celesteela belongs to someone from Ultra Space?
Also, did Charjabug use Bug Buzz when calling those Grubbins?

I would have liked Sophocles to catch Celesteela and then release it but still a nice episode overall. The fact that they couldn't catch it did that mean that Celesteela belongs to someone from Ultra Space?
@DragonKahuna
It might be a hint that Celesteela could belong to Ultra Recon Squad.

1) Maybe it was just just too big to fit into the ball? That's the impression I got.
2) No, it didn't.

@DragonKahuna, Charjabug cannot learn Bug Buzz, but its final evolution can learn it. Then how come Sophocles' Charjabug knew that move in the first place?
Simple: it didn't. That wasn't Bug Buzz. Just a call to summon allies.

I hate the fact they are actually re-using a lot of Ultra Guardian scenes from the Buzzwole episode. I guess it's to keep the budget in top shape.

To be fair stock image transformation scenes are quite common be it Magical Girls, Giant Robots, or Card Games.

Pokemon often uses them for moves, for example.

@DragonKahuna
It might be a hint that Celesteela could belong to Ultra Recon Squad.

I hope so, although on Bulbapedia page of the episode, it said that it's because of it's huge size.

@DragonKahuna, Charjabug cannot learn Bug Buzz, but its final evolution can learn it. Then how come Sophocles' Charjabug knew that move in the first place?

I hope you know that anime!=games. We have had plenty of cases where pokemon have used moves they can't learn in the games.
Anyway it seems like it was more of a "call for help" rather than move.

Even Mamane's ancestors looks like Mamane. What kind of creepy family is that?
Almost half of the episode is reused animation.
Just another Mamane episode with nothing interesting or plot important happened.

Last edited:
This was the first time in a while we've had some Ultra Beast/Guardian focus, but the episode felt more like a filler. Most of the entire episode was just digging up Celesteela. Then once this behemoth is finally out of the ground, it just flies off into space. Why? This could have been slightly cool like Buzzwole or Poipole's episodes, but it just wasn't. This same episode could have easily been redone with any random big heavy Pokemon; there was just nothing overly special about it.

Also, it seemed like they really tried to make this into a Sophocles episode, but it really didn't feel like one. Sure he found Celesteela, but the thing didn't really interact with him (or anyone for that matter), nor did he get anything out of it. This entire episode just fell flat and in my opinion could have been so much better.

4/10.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom