• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM071: Shizukumo, Get Suiren!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Lana will help Dewpider stick up for itself, defeat the other Dewpider and then join Lana's team, similar to Dwebble and no doubt other Pokemon captures
You know, this feels really familiar with that Dwebble episode where it was defeated by another Dwebble and in the end Dwebble beat it up and joined to Cilan afterwards.

I'm starting to have a doubt about Dewpider looking a new place. What if Lana lets it go to a new place without capturing it? We all know that she has an Araquanid in games, so Dewpider fits her team nice. We'll have to wait and see what happens here.

I also think it's not 100% set it stone that Lana will get Dewpider, episode titles and summaries have been misleading before. There was this AG episode (Japanese title: "Sky of Tyltto! Spirit of Haruka!!") where it seemed as if May was catching Swablu but she did not in the end.

It would be a shame if it didn't happen though, for some time I envisioned Dewpider as a possible capture for Ash and I think it's time that another classmate catches a second Pokémon.

I also think it's not 100% set it stone that Lana will get Dewpider, episode titles and summaries have been misleading before. There was this AG episode (Japanese title: "Sky of Tyltto! Spirit of Haruka!!") where it seemed as if May was catching Swablu but she did not in the end.

It would be a shame if it didn't happen though, for some time I envisioned Dewpider as a possible capture for Ash and I think it's time that another classmate catches a second Pokémon.
You're right. It's time to let Lana, Mallow and Lillie get a second Pokemon. After all, Lana actually has an Araquanid in Sun and Moon games.

Nice preview, Surkit vs Dewpider. Lana, please you must catch that Dewpider, it fits your team good! Let's hope for that to happen.

Hopefully Mallow and Lillie will get a second at some point

An extravagant 1 hour 2 episode special! It also contains the latest footage from "Pocket Monsters the Movie: Everyone's Story", which premieres Friday July 13th, as well as special messages from the extravagant guest voice actors!!

Summary:
"Shizukumo Gets Suiren!"
The Water Bubble Pokémon Shizukumo sets out on a journey to discover a new place to live. However, it's completely unable to find a good one. During this journey, it had a chance encounter with Suiren and fell in love with her, leading to it going along with her to the Pokémon School... Will Shizukumo be able to find a place to live? And what will happen with its love for Suiren?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda. Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
And more

Special Appearances By:
The Movie Guest Voice Actors:
Mana Ashida
Rina Kawaei
Gaku Hamada
Koji Ohkura
Masako Nozawa

@Neo Blaze , can you threadmark this from on the other page as well please

QlNuUfR_d.jpg

Leaving this here, as well. Looks like Popplio doea get jealous after all. Makes sense considering it's been Lana's only Pokemon besides the ride Lapras the entire time, and suddenly another Pokemon comes in and demands her attention.

If Dewpider is caught, hopefully that tension sticks around.

SM is surprisingly progressive about the interspecies relationships.

I still think Lana will not catch a Dewpider. I believe it'll end like this. "After Dewpider defeats a Surskit, Lana pops up the bubble of her head and a Dewpider will be shocked as its love interest turns out to be a human, not a female Dewpider and then finds a new place to live while saying goodbye to Ash and his friends." It's just a theory.

That would be way too anticlimactic though. And Dewpider getting iver its crush doesn't mean Lana won't catch it. Maybe it'll be more of a Cacnea or Carnivine as opposed to a Mareanie where it's clingy and overly affectionate without having a crush.

I think this new trailer makes it pretty obvious it's going to get caught personally. With Lana's whole "gambate" thing and even wearing the bubble just like Dewpider... it shows an obvious bond.

Also, Lana kinda needs it. She needs a Pokemon with more utility outside of those aquatic settings. Popplio needs another Pokemon to bounce off of and develop with because honestly, I hate to say it, but Popplio is probably up there with Brock's Mudkip as one of the blandest starter characters in the entire history of the anime. And unless you believe in utter nonsense like Gen VIII being a 2018 release, then it's even more unlikely that Lana goes the entire series without a single team change.

Like, what team changes are people expecting for her if Dewpider doesn't get caught?

That would be way too anticlimactic though. And Dewpider getting iver its crush doesn't mean Lana won't catch it. Maybe it'll be more of a Cacnea or Carnivine as opposed to a Mareanie where it's clingy and overly affectionate without having a crush.

I think this new trailer makes it pretty obvious it's going to get caught personally. With Lana's whole "gambate" thing and even wearing the bubble just like Dewpider... it shows an obvious bond.

Also, Lana kinda needs it. She needs a Pokemon with more utility outside of those aquatic settings. Popplio needs another Pokemon to bounce off of and develop with because honestly, I hate to say it, but Popplio is probably up there with Brock's Mudkip as one of the blandest starter characters in the entire history of the anime. And unless you believe in utter nonsense like Gen VIII being a 2018 release, then it's even more unlikely that Lana goes the entire series without a single team change.

Like, what team changes are people expecting for her if Dewpider doesn't get caught?
You're right. I too wish Lana would catch a Dewpider. We've seen Kiawe changing his team back and forth whether it's Turtonator, Marowak or none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom