• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM074: The Big Old Thug is an Island King!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ash's Ula'ula trial will be at the Hokulani Observatory, since they've already mentioned it and established how Ash wants a Steelium Z for Pikachu. Maybe Team Rocket will face Totem Mimikyu while getting their Z-Ring, or something? Mimikyu vs. Mimikyu?
What about Sophocles? If they are going to Ula'ula Island, maybe he would let his Charjabug evolve there. It's possible.

I think Ash's Ula'ula trial will be at the Hokulani Observatory, since they've already mentioned it and established how Ash wants a Steelium Z for Pikachu.
I don't think that Ash will get Steelium just so Pikachu will use Corkscrew Crash. That will pretty much mean that it will never be used. Ash needs a Steel-type Pokemon to make proper use for it.

It was 3 in the morning. I always have the Sun and Moon episodes list open, kind of like a stock tracker. And then I saw it. Finally. It seemed that everything in my life paid off in that moment. Episode 74. The debut of Nanu. Such a capable, deep, and soulful man was finally getting his episode.

Until I saw the title.

"Super Mean" I'm pretty sure is not an amiable way of describing this fractured and shaken man. It's not something to rant about, not something to get riled up about, but something that's offsetting enough to draw my attention to it. But aside the fact, I've long anticipated this debut.

^ It shouldn't be so surprising. Just look at what they did to Olivia and Lusamine.

Now that I think about, Nanu was in a little trouble anyway. He's the kind of character the Show isn't comfy with in the first place. The words you just used to describe are seldom done here. Especially as (usually) cheery and happy go lucky as SM has been...:confused:

I feel we should remember the Comically Serious trope, which could work quite well in SM.

For how this might work, go look up funny interactions with Batman and another character. 85% of the time it is from Batman being serious despite what is going on around him

@SammyW27

That certainly is true. For starters, a lot of his backstory is still shrouded in shadows. He's not as bright as the rest of the game, and especially that the anime is directed towards youth (Me being in my late 20's), there's a big chance that a lot of traits about Nanu are going to be wiped (For example, his clear-cut depression in-game), and some over-emphasized (his grumpiness), just so it's more "kid friendly."

Last edited:
Or lead build up to the big Guzzlord episode.

Guzzlord is the only ultra beast that has any back story besides Nihilego.... that jellyfish's antics in the anime was portrayed 100% seriously.

Guzzlord I can only picture it having a puppy like behavior, but otherwise it is a going to be a monster eating everything in sight because THAT is what it does. I am not sure if they will show his Ultra Space or not. (Because that place isn't even lasting for Guzzlords kind!)

In addition, while Buzzwole's damage to that Snorlax was undone. I am still calling that scene, Buzzwole has a Snorlax shake JUST because it is burned into my brain.

Or lead build up to the big Guzzlord episode.

Guzzlord is the only ultra beast that has any back story besides Nihilego.... that jellyfish's antics in the anime was portrayed 100% seriously.

Guzzlord I can only picture it having a puppy like behavior, but otherwise it is a going to be a monster eating everything in sight because THAT is what it does. I am not sure if they will show his Ultra Space or not. (Because that place isn't even lasting for Guzzlords kind!)

In addition, while Buzzwole's damage to that Snorlax was undone. I am still calling that scene, Buzzwole has a Snorlax shake JUST because it is burned into my brain.

@ZDaemon09
Not to even mention, other ultra beats as well. Including Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Kartana. Before, Guzzlord appear. If and when they appear, Ash & his friends have to fight it with their own Pokémon as since in Ula Ula. Because, there is no teleporter for them to warp back to Ultra Guardian HQ in school to get their equipment as it need to deal with this right away without endangering the people.

My guesses, Looker & Anabel will help them out to get to resolve this crisis. If they're going to return or not. Only time can tell.

@Singaporean

That is probably likely (as I do happen to know Looker's voice actor personally), due to much anticipation of their appearance (as much as I despise Anabel). But one argument I have against that idea as a whole is that it would be too rushed if another species of ultra beast was presented before Nanu got even one episode of his own to make an impression.

@Singaporean

That is probably likely (as I do happen to know Looker's voice actor personally), due to much anticipation of their appearance (as much as I despise Anabel). But one argument I have against that idea as a whole is that it would be too rushed if another species of ultra beast was presented before Nanu got even one episode of his own to make an impression.

@Nanu Schmidt
Agreed. However, the possibility of writer for making the chance three or four ultra beasts appearing in Ula Ula island is very high as since the season is already half-way as being based on games that feature is already a hint that these characters are going to return very sooner or later in our expectation. Unless, the filler preventing to happens. But like I say only time can tell. Where May will be a big month of the start of the Ula Ula Arc.

@Singaporean

It would be much anticipated. I have the page bookmarked and always refreshing, and I cannot describe how excited I am for the debut of this well structured man and the many possible Ultra Beasts that will come with him. And that along with a whole arc would extinguish my fear of Nanu only getting one episode and never appearing again.

@Singaporean

It would be much anticipated. I have the page bookmarked and always refreshing, and I cannot describe how excited I am for the debut of this well structured man and the many possible Ultra Beasts that will come with him. And that along with a whole arc would extinguish my fear of Nanu only getting one episode and never appearing again.
@Nanu Schmidt
Now, the only question is. I wonder if Anabel return does she going to have Mega as well? If so, then her Alakazam can go mega since that is the Pokémon that have been fought throughout in gen III and VII. Thus, it become a great help for Ash & his friend to deal with the Ultra Beasts, which gone rough after pouring out from the wormhole.

We already seen Z-move vs Ultra Beasts before, especially Ash perform on Pikachu to unleash 1,000,000 volt after his Electrium Z transform to Pikashunium Z brief moment to strike against Nihilego to freed Lusamine from it detachment.

Now, all we need is Mega Evolution pokemon versus Ultra Beasts. Then our life will be complete.

^ It shouldn't be so surprising. Just look at what they did to Olivia and Lusamine.

Now that I think about, Nanu was in a little trouble anyway. He's the kind of character the Show isn't comfy with in the first place. The words you just used to describe are seldom done here. Especially as (usually) cheery and happy go lucky as SM has been...:confused:
I personally LOVED Lychee in the anime, but I actually didn't care about her in the games too much anyway.

To be honest, I feel they can definitely do that type of character right. They've shown they can pull off more than comedy with the Nyabby capture episode, the Nihilego arc and Gladion.

@Singaporean

Yes, I also agree that mega evolution would play a big part against Ultra Beasts. However, I would like to point out that the player does not get the ability to use mega evolution until towards the end of the game. But yet again, the anime is very different from the games and that could be a possibility (screw Anabel, though).

@Singaporean

Yes, I also agree that mega evolution would play a big part against Ultra Beasts. However, I would like to point out that the player does not get the ability to use mega evolution until towards the end of the game. But yet again, the anime is very different from the games and that could be a possibility (screw Anabel, though).
@Nanu Schmidt
Truly. However, although Mega evolution play a great part against Ultra Beasts. I kinda doubt, it can only hold them off a short while. Before, getting overwhelm as Ultra Beasts are equivalent strong to the legendaries. Only way to beat them, it will be in Multi-battle against it on one. However, if the episode are the same with the game like Necrozma unleash it wrath to people that done to him. It will have a lot a lot of them to deal with.

My guesses, the only hope will be up to Ash's former companion including Serena to save the day. In the meantime, I wanted to see them heading another region following the Ula Ula Arc. I know, you will probably going to tell me, that is going to to happens as that is only for the 20th anniversary special. But one thing for sure, that doesn't mean writer is going to surprised us after July this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom