• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM074: The Big Old Thug is an Island King!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Singaporean

I definitely see where you're coming from, and in a way, that does make sense. There are many ways that this event could turn out, including old allies. I'm not sure I understand what this has to do with Nanu, though. However, I'd like to point out that the Ultra Beast most affiliated with him would be Guzzlord. I think, since that seems to be the most powerful Ultra Beast, would not appear until after a good while (As in after Ash's Ula'Ula trials and Grand Trial).

@Singaporean

I definitely see where you're coming from, and in a way, that does make sense. There are many ways that this event could turn out, including old allies. I'm not sure I understand what this has to do with Nanu, though. However, I'd like to point out that the Ultra Beast most affiliated with him would be Guzzlord. I think, since that seems to be the most powerful Ultra Beast, would not appear until after a good while (As in after Ash's Ula'Ula trials and Grand Trial).
@Nanu Schmidt

Yeah pretty much about it. I doubt that Ash & the others had absolutely no clue. What they dealing with this monstrosity.Also as for other Ultra Beasts beside of Guzzlord. Xurkitree & Kartana maybe appear somewhere, before the grand trial with Nanu ever commencing. Thus Ash & his friends had to deal with it right away without their equipment. It will be a very hard task to resolve.

My guesses location:
Blush Mountain for Xurkitree, which there is a Geothermal Power Plant that to refill the thing for an overcharge for food of it. At the same time, Sophocles's Charjabug will evolve into Vikavolt. If it encountered then, Charjabug will battling the wires tripod glowing star till it evolve.

Malie Garden for Kartana as it will a hiding place for the little agile paper cutter that like to attack and gone in a split second.

@Singaporean

Hahah. That is very much true. I do agree that since building up to a grand trial would take a long time, and the show is already on the subject of Ultra Beasts, a Grand Trial would not happen before a beast or two is battled. However, I still stand for Guzzlord being introduced later, as it is a very lethal creature (18 feet tall!) and would be too devastating to not have at least an entire episode about it later on.

First Summary
From Adamant/Serebii forums:
Satoshi and his friends have come to Ula'ula Island for the next Island Pilgrimage, but they can't find the Island King anywhere. With some help from Acerola, a girl that lives on the island, they manage to get to Island King Kuchinashi's place, but...
Acerola debuts! (Edit: Except she doesn't, Acerola appears in the previous episode already!)

Also I hope anime-Nanu's place is as close to Po Town as it is in the games....

Last edited:
This is shaping up to be a nice arc like Akala (especially since the poster made such a big deal out of it)

Maybe this time Sophocles and Mallow can get something out of it.

Last edited:
From Adamant/Serebii forums:

Acerola debuts!

Also I hope anime-Nanu's place is as close to Po Town as it is in the games....
@Plumeria
Now, all we needs is who casting this characters after the episode from next week to get hype.

This is shaping up to be a nice arc like Akala (especially since the poster made such a big deal out of it)

Maybe this time Sophocles and Mallow can get something out it.
@SammyW27
The only thing, I can tell that from these two will be their pokémon ready to evolve.

At the same time, in the possible scenario, Where they battling against the Ultra Beasts, Pheromosa and Xurkitree respectively in different area. Which is where the possibility of Looker & Anabel return to aid them.

CODE BROWN.

ACEROLA IS IN THE EPISODE.

CODE. BROWN. (Hazardous Material)

@KrspaceT

I just have a distaste for Acerola. Plus, I was hoping Nanu would get his own episode without any other major characters debuting.

I wonder how will they explain Satoshi's sudden interest in Island Challenge.

As much as his 'not constantly plotting it' is a bit of an odd issue, I do feel like pointing out this isn't like a league trip where Ash can start every episode walking towards it.

As much as his 'not constantly plotting it' is a bit of an odd issue, I do feel like pointing out this isn't like a league trip where Ash can start every episode walking towards it.

Yeah.
Heck, ya'll should've known the pacing would be different or awkward when it was revealed that Alola doesn't have Gyms & they'd have to use an area of 5 islands over the course of 3 years.

Today's the cast list. Let's see if Ash's classmates will be involved in this episode. If not, then Ash and his Mons are going to Ula Ula Island alone.

VA List and summaries
Satoshi has come to Ula'ula Island. He visits Island King Kuchinashi in order to start his third Island Pilgrimage, but Kuchinashi ends up getting away from him. Then Acerola shows up...

Summary:
Satoshi has come to Ula'ula Island. He goes to meet with Island King Kuchinashi in order to start his third Island Pilgrimage, but Kuchinashi ends up getting away from him. With Acerola's help, Satoshi catches Kuchinashi and begs him to let him try the Island Pilgrimage, but ends up getting refused. However, on Acerola's suggestion, Satoshi gets to battle Kuchinashi in order to test whether or not he has the strength required to take on the Island Pilgrimage... but how will that battle end?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Rikako Aikawa: Bevenom
Toru Sakurai: Waruvial
Chika Fujimura: Odoridori
Kenta Miyake: Sakaki
Kiyomi Asai: Matori
Asami Seto: Junsa
Kuchinashi: Masaki Aizawa
Sumire Morohoshi: Acerola
Wakana Kingyo: Young Piko
Miyuki Kobori: Young Nene
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

Satoshi has come to Ula'ula Island. He visits Island King Kuchinashi in order to start his third Island Pilgrimage, but Kuchinashi ends up getting away from him. Then Acerola shows up...

Summary:
Satoshi has come to Ula'ula Island. He goes to meet with Island King Kuchinashi in order to start his third Island Pilgrimage, but Kuchinashi ends up getting away from him. With Acerola's help, Satoshi catches Kuchinashi and begs him to let him try the Island Pilgrimage, but ends up getting refused. However, on Acerola's suggestion, Satoshi gets to battle Kuchinashi in order to test whether or not he has the strength required to take on the Island Pilgrimage... but how will that battle end?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Chinami Nishimura: Nyaheat
Rikako Aikawa: Bevenom
Toru Sakurai: Waruvial
Chika Fujimura: Odoridori
Kenta Miyake: Sakaki
Kiyomi Asai: Matori
Asami Seto: Junsa
Kuchinashi: Masaki Aizawa
Sumire Morohoshi: Acerola
Wakana Kingyo: Young Piko
Miyuki Kobori: Young Nene
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

@Neo Blaze threadmark please?
Looks like the classmates are here. I wonder if they only appear in the beginning wondering where is Ash or something. Plus, now we know who voices Poipole! It shares the same voice as for Popplio and Munchlax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom