• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM076: Super Decisive Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikkyu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp Bewear is off to Ula Ula it appears which probably means the battle will be interrupted, but still the battle looks cool.
@SamurottMan
Yeah, specially where Ash and Pikachu starting to counter back with Gigavolt Havoc. And then, that bear scope in again and take them back to Melemele to feed them with more fruits. Then, Ash win the match in default.

@SamurottMan
Yeah, specially where Ash and Pikachu starting to counter back with Gigavolt Havoc. And then, that bear scope in again and take them back to Melemele to feed them with more fruits. Then, Ash win the match in default.
I certainly hope it's not a win by default. At least have Ash defeat Team Rocket before they're taken back.

Aaaaand it looks like Bewear's going to screw things up just before they can win. Again. -_-

Ya know, sometimes I wonder if Arceus sent him to Team Rocket to punish them as much as help them.

Guys, they've never foreshadowed a Kiteruption before: that would be the antithesis to the gag.
Hence the battle is safe.
Relax.

UNLESS YOU'RE EXCITED BEYOND THE SCOPE OF YOUR EVERLOVING IMAGINATION IN WHICH CASE FEEL FREE TO GO CRAZY!!!!

I'm glad everyone's doing once again the Z pose together. I thought it was something they'd do only for their first Z move, but it appears it's the way Team Rocket will perform their Z moves all the time.

I wonder why Kojiro is on one knee, though.

I see that all four of the Rocket Gang are doing the Z-Pose together in the preview. I was slightly nervous that the group Z-Move in SM 73 might be a first and few time thing but now it seems like this will be a regular thing (and Sonansu is joining in on it!)

I can't see Kiteruguma interrupting this midbattle (but this could be me being optimistic). My biggest predictions are that it will be coming at the end of the battle. Honestly I'm surprised Kiteruguma didn't notice they were gone until now.
But no matter how Kiteruguma is used in this episode, I get the feeling we'll be seeing some interesting developments between Team Rocket and Kiteruguma going forward from this.

Last edited:
I dont understand why they would leave Kiteruguma in the first place. Just bring the bloody Pokemon along with them, it'll feed and care for them practically anywhere

I dont understand why they would leave Kiteruguma in the first place. Just bring the bloody Pokemon along with them, it'll feed and care for them practically anywhere

It doesn't seem Kiteruguma is someone they can reason with. It cares for Team Rocket, but in an overprotecting, overbearing, sometimes almost forced way. Sometimes Team Rocket is not doing anything bad and Kiteruguma just shows up to drag them back to its cave anyway, like in the episode they get their Z crystal.

I don't think TRio can just say to it: "Hey, Kiteruguma, come with us to this place". The one calling the shots is obviously Kiteruguma and it seems very intent on keeping them in its cave at all times.

It doesn't seem Kiteruguma is someone they can reason with. It cares for Team Rocket, but in an overprotecting, overbearing, sometimes almost forced way. Sometimes Team Rocket is not doing anything bad and Kiteruguma just shows up to drag them back to its cave anyway, like in the episode they get their Z crystal.

I don't think TRio can just say to it: "Hey, Kiteruguma, come with us to this place". The one calling the shots is obviously Kiteruguma and it seems very intent on keeping them in its cave at all times.
That's personally why I don't like Bewear all that much. I wish we'll someday get an explanation of why it is so overprotective. And what about the time when Team Rocket eventually is forced to leave Alola for good when they follow Ash to the next region?

That's personally why I don't like Bewear all that much. I wish we'll someday get an explanation of why it is so overprotective. And what about the time when Team Rocket eventually is forced to leave Alola for good when they follow Ash to the next region?
Good idea. I do think Bewear is Team Rocket Trio's guardian who is way too overprotective.

New pic from the episode (I think):

mimikyu_ep.jpg

Whatever the end result of this is, I really hope this either has Mimikyu get over its animosity of Pikachu or at least start to because that's literally its only personality trait and it's not only completely one-note, but it tends to become an issue when it chooses to do what it wants just because it hates Pikachu because...reasons.

I'll be sooooo disappointed if we don't get an explanation about the reason Kiteruguma is so overprotecting with them. That episode is a must!
(Then again, I thought we'd get an episode about Mimikkyu's backstory and why it hates Pikachu, but now I'm 80% convinced there's not going to be one).

As for Kiteruguma being caught, I'd rather it doesn't happen if it's going to end up at TR's HQ with the other pokémon. Better let it stay in Alola and use this as an opportunity for a farewell episode for the TRio. An episode about Team Rocket trying to explain to Kiteruguma they have to leave would be cute, I think.

I'll be sooooo disappointed if we don't get an explanation about the reason Kiteruguma is so overprotecting with them. That episode is a must!
I've had the feeling we will have a backstory for Kiteruguma before Sun and Moon ends or at least something like SM 38 that implies why. Maybe it's just me but it seems like Kiteruguma has gotten more protective of them after the Aether Arc. I could be reading too much into this but I think it may have something to do with the Ultra Holes.
Better let it stay in Alola and use this as an opportunity for a farewell episode for the TRio. An episode about Team Rocket trying to explain to Kiteruguma they have to leave would be cute, I think.
Cute but very sad in a lot of ways.
Whatever the end result of this is, I really hope this either has Mimikyu get over its animosity of Pikachu or at least start to because that's literally its only personality trait and it's not only completely one-note, but it tends to become an issue when it chooses to do what it wants just because it hates Pikachu because...reasons.
If Pikachu wins this, I could see Mimikkyu's hatred towards Pikachu getting worse.
Also I thought SM 38 showed Mimikkyu hates Pikachu because it's jealous of how much love Pikachu get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom