• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM076: Super Decisive Battle! Pikachu VS Mimikkyu!!

Singaporean

Reaction score
@BigDocFan
Shout out to you, that Pikachu's never going to perform 10,000,000 volt Z-Move again. Also, for this episode is just really unwatched due to all the lag and video run out of sync.

BraixenFennekin

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
@BigDocFan
Shout out to you, that Pikachu's never going to perform 10,000,000 volt Z-Move again. Also, for this episode is just really unwatched due to all the lag and video run out of sync.
Yeah I agree, maybe I going to rewatch with english sub

And I heard that Ash's Pikachu learned Electroweb, but what is that move?

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Gonna have to wait until tomorrow to watch so I can see it lag free but wasn't bad

RetroPokeFan

Reaction score
Well...

Electro Ball is now officially history.

Another great episode in this incredibly amazing arc, kinda sad next week is the last one. It's probably been the most memorable out of all the arcs so far.

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
Great episode, Pikachu learning a new move is cool. The short plot between the classmates and Kukui was unexpected as he teaches them about Mimikyu and its habits. I don't know what Pokemon will the dub version feature in this episode because Mimikyu was already feature in SM003 where Mimikyu made its first anime debut. I'm glad Bewear didn't interrupt the battle.

L-05308

Reaction score
Never in 10 million years did I think Ash’s Pikachu was going to get a new move, at least until something was introduced in Gen 8. Pikachu getting a new move is a super rare occurrence!

So did say state this was Ash’s trial? They said back at verdant cavern that winning a trial doesn’t automatically earn you a Z-Crystal in the anime but it turns out you don’t even need to beat a totem.

The hat Pikachu Z move was a huge surprise, and Mimikyu reasoning with Bewear was fantastic.

I can’t wait to to watch a better version!

KrspaceT

Reaction score
And nothin' for Ash for this one.

Well we were said it was the typical way things went...

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Pikachu learning a new move was really out of left field, but I like it. Electro Ball was dumb to begin with. Still kinda wish they would've just had it relearn Volt Tackle, but I guess it's be interesting to see how Electroweb works.
I'll reserve my move judgement until I see how Electro Web is used going forward.

FinnishPokéFan92

A Huggable Dragon Slug
Reaction score
I was really surprised to see Pikachu learning a new move, and liked how Team Rocket convinced Bewear to wait. Overall, a very nice episode...

...which was kinda ruined for me by the fact that the stream I watched it from lagged like no tomorrow and thus skipped over many good parts, like Pikachu using Electroweb. Can't wait for the proper version...

Karamazov

Pokémon: Gen 8.0 You Can (Not) Catch 'em All
Reaction score
Eletcroweb could be a great move. Moves that create constructs mean you can pull out some crazy bullshit, like how you could make ramps with Ice Beam, or Ice Chandelier. Here, it was used as a shield. In future fights, I can see it being used as a trampoline. Maybe Pikachu could shoot multiple Electrowebs in the air and use them as quick platforms? It's not like this show hasn't thrown physics to the wind multiple times already.

I'm hoping this means Electro Ball is gone forever, too; it was just a generic ball move, and it didn't feel any different from Thunderbolt most of the time.

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I was really surprised to see Pikachu learning a new move, and liked how Team Rocket convinced Bewear to wait. Overall, a very nice episode...

...which was kinda ruined for me by the fact that the stream I watched it from lagged like no tomorrow and thus skipped over many good parts, like Pikachu using Electroweb. Can't wait for the proper version...
Think you and me were watching the same stream, thankfully a subbed version comes out in a few hours

dman_dustin

Reaction score
It was a great episode until the they decided to just hand Pikachu with all the deus ex machinas they threw in at the end. I mean seriously what the eff.
Unless you mean in general, I can't imagine why you feel that way since the beginning of the episode started with Electroball doing weird things and then later in the battle it was also doing weird things, that perhaps Pikachu dreading MImikyu's Z-move when it hit Electro ball and Pikachu, Pikachu due to surge of adrenaline managed to pull off electroweb, aka requiring Pikachu to use a move that protected it from the damage.

But if you meant it was Deus Ex Machina that Pikachu was even in the process of learning a random convenient move randomly at the start of the episode.....okay I guess, but that's just par for Pokemon.

The only time it isn't Deus Ex Machina in this context is ONLY when they are aware of the move prior to learning (like Buizel and Ice Punch, and Swellow with Aerial Ace).