• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM077: Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! Lugarugan Awakens!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
single 3vs3 not all 3 vs all 3 , but one after a another like in the past like 1vs1, 6vs6...one vs one but with each trainer 3 pokemon?

we need to wait and see, maybe after trail we get gyms and league of some sort and more battles.
The summary makes it clear Ash will be allowed to use only one Pokémon (Lycanroc) against Nanu's three.

The summary makes it clear Ash will be allowed to use only one Pokémon (Lycanroc) against Nanu's three.
that will be interesting lets hope that wont be short battles, want to see 2 or 3 moves for every of Nanu's pokemon.

Sucker Punch anyone?
Prankster ability with Sabley?

Sabley and Hounchcrow would be good opoents for Lycanroc besides Krookodile
Hope they show a really good battle.

Why am I not surprised that they're letting Ash battle Nanu without completing one damn Ula-ula trial. :rolleyes: Seriously, after so damn long of fillers and rushed plot arcs. we're finally getting back to the Island Challenge, and Ash just skips the trails and goes straight to the Kahuna. After what happened with Akala where he only took part in 1/3 trails, I'm literally not even surprised anymore.

I can only hope he loses this battle and does some training which will involve Totems Vikivolt/Togedemaru and Mimikyu.

Does Lycanroc know Stone Edge yet?

@IncineROAR
I highly doubt it. That is not going to occurred yet since all the past episodes. Only showing it always stays at Professor Kukui home and NEVER learn any new move whatsoever.
Who's saying it can't learn the move while training during the previous two episodes? It'd make sense for it to learn a stronger Rock move than Rock Throw. Maybe Tapu Bulu will give Ash the Lycanium Z?
Why am I not surprised that they're letting Ash battle Nanu without completing one damn Ula-ula trial. :rolleyes: Seriously, after so damn long of fillers and rushed plot arcs. we're finally getting back to the Island Challenge, and Ash just skips the trails and goes straight to the Kahuna. After what happened with Akala where he only took part in 1/3 trails, I'm literally not even surprised anymore.

I can only hope he loses this battle and does some training which will involve Totems Vikivolt/Togedemaru and Mimikyu.
Ash does only one trial+grand trial on each island because they want to somewhat simulate the "Eight Badges" system from previous regions. And from what the previews have revealed, Ash seems to take on the Thrifty Megamart trial before his grand trial with Nanu, although we still don't know if we'll be seeing Totem Mimikyu.

Who's saying it can't learn the move while training during the previous two episodes? It'd make sense for it to learn a stronger Rock move than Rock Throw. Maybe Tapu Bulu will give Ash the Lycanium Z?

Ash does only one trial+grand trial on each island because they want to somewhat simulate the "Eight Badges" system from previous regions. And from what the previews have revealed, Ash seems to take on the Thrifty Megamart trial before his grand trial with Nanu, although we still don't know if we'll be seeing Totem Mimikyu.
@FinnishPokéFan92
If your theory is correct. Then, we will probably going to see Ash and his Lycanroc to perform the Z-Move to unleash Splintered Stormshards against one of three Nanu Pokémon. Unless, if episode 75 have to say something about it.

They'll either count "Pikachu vs Mimikyu" as a trial or something will happen in Acerola's training episode.

Ash already trained in SM75. They're skipping the Totems (and replacing Totem Mimikyu with Jessie's Mimikyu) because Ash already has an Electrium Z and can't use a Ghostium Z.

There goes Poipole's chances of having an important battle before being released. (?) At least he could help in the training.

The idea of 1 vs 3 it's not bad, but it's a forced resolution of the forced "Dog has rabies" subplot and watching the same 4 moves over and over is going to be very boring.

There goes Poipole's chances of having an important battle before being released. (?) At least he could help in the training.
Can Satoshi even battle with it? It's basically unknow outside of Lusamine's group. And they gave its responsibility to him to temporarily care for it, not to use it on pokemon battles.

Can Satoshi even battle with it? It's basically unknow outside of Lusamine's group. And they gave its responsibility to him to temporarily care for it, not to use it on pokemon battles.

Yeah, none of the cute legendaries the group has taken care of has participated in noteworthy battles. But since Poipole travelled to Ulaula and is Ash's only hope to get a full team of 6 this series he might at least get the Goomy treatment.

Unless the Pikachu vs Mimikyu episode is the trial which is a possible option.

Yeah, none of the cute legendaries the group has taken care of has participated in noteworthy battles. But since Poipole travelled to Ulaula and is Ash's only hope to get a full team of 6 this series he might at least get the Goomy treatment.

Difference is that Ultra Beasts are technically not legendaries and Poipole is actually owned by Ash.

Who's saying he'll be facing all three simultaneously?
@FinnishPokéFan92
I didn't. You mention it. I only just answering to the @Matleo question for the speculation of this episode. If Episode 75 & 76 doesn't ready enough for Ash to prepare for the grand trial. Then, it will considered to be another worse episodes in the category. But we shall see after this Thursday epiosde and the preview first and think about it.

If Nanu doesn’t use an Alolan Meowth, I will be disappointed. It kinda seems like Krookodile might be his main, going by the preview, but he coud still Alolan Persian. They have changed the mains of the Kahunas in this series. Olivia’s main was a Midday Lycanroc in the anime instead of a Midnight Lycanroc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom