• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM077: Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! Lugarugan Awakens!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alolan Meowth
that or Persian can be used later in a future rematch or other trainer could use it.

Signature pokemon doesn't mean that he really needs to use it but Tough Claws vs Fur Coat makes kind of sense. Especially if its powerfull.

A Sabley, Hounchcrow(dark/flying) and Krookodile would make perfect choice and cool fast battlees.

Hope that Counter and Accelerock get used.

Last edited:
I'm hoping Lycanroc picks up Counter too, both because it's the other "signature move" alongside Accelerock and because of how Krookodile decimated the carrotdoge with that move last time. Y'know, for teh irony.

I'm hoping Lycanroc picks up Counter too, both because it's the other "signature move" alongside Accelerock and because of how Krookodile decimated the carrotdoge with that move last time. Y'know, for teh irony.

If not Counter then something else? It could need a change of 2 moves in its movepool and get stronger attacks and make it also use one special oriented one maybe.
Taking a loss, traning a and battle vs 3 pokemon at once?
yes. But movepools may change.
But good that Krokodile learns a fighting, dark and 2 ground moves, would be interesting if it got a normal or flying type move instead of Mud slap. (Trash, )

But its Ash the writers could pull of a Noctowl situation off with it and make it learn it or maybe a special move to neutralize Counter?

Ash Lycarroc has bite, tackle, rock throw and accel rock? mostly physical? not very impresive.
Brick break would hurt a dark type very much.
rock slide for it would alow flinching taking its speed stats.
Hyper voice is a special move and would be a very good for Ash Dusk form Lycanroc, would break through Counter.
Better then tackle actually.

If it takes out 3 pokemon , should it not learn a move or two?
Brick Break , Hyper voice, accel rock and bite/crunch would be perfect for it I think, but they may change it depending on future oponets adding zen-headbutt, iron head instead of Brick Break or Crunch or even in future show it getting Counter.

This moves would allow it to have a nice battle with Nanu, if used right to not show Nanu every thing to make a surprisse out of it.

From the red aura around Lycanroc in the Tapu Bulu episode preview, I'm 90% sure it’s going to learn Counter.

Counter and Accelrock are the notable moves of Midday and Midnight forms so I think Dusk Lycanroc will include both to show its uniqueness and to reflect its status as an in-between form of Midday and Midnight Lycanroc.

It'll also be ironic for Lycanroc to defeat Krookodile with Counter, since Lycanroc lost its previous battle due to Krookodile's Counter.

Lycanroc getting Stone Edge makes me 99% sure Tapu Bulu will switch the Darkinium Z for Lycanrocium Z, ala Koko. Or maybe it done something to transform the Rockinium Z.

Lycanroc getting Stone Edge makes me 99% sure Tapu Bulu will switch the Darkinium Z for Lycanrocium Z, ala Koko. Or maybe it done something to transform the Rockinium Z.

Lycanroc knows Bite.

Pikachu doesn't know Brick Break.

I was pointing out the difference between when Ash got the F-Z crystal taken, and how him getting the D-Z crystal could go.
Your reason is true, however, Team Rocket has the Darkinium-Z, so there's no need to really give it to Ash since I'm sure it'll be their signature move along with Mimikyu's move

VA List and summaries
The Grand Trial battle against Kuchinashi finally begins! Satoshi fights using his powered up Lugarugan, but once Lugarugan is driven against the wall it ends up running wild... will Satoshi be able to clear the Grand Trial?!

Summary:
Satoshi has finally become able to attempt Kuchinashi's Grand Trial battle. In this Grand Trial, he has to defeat 3 Pokémon using only Lugarugan. Lugarugan gets driven completely against the wall during this fierce battle against the powerful Dark type Pokémon Kuchinashi sends out, and ends up running wild once again. Satoshi desperately calls out to it to make it calm down, but...
Will Satoshi and Lugarugan manage to pass the Grand Trial?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Rikako Aikawa: Bevenom
Keiichi Nakagawa: Lugarugan
Toru Sakurai: Waruvial
Kei Shindo: Mimi-tan
Kaito Ishikawa: Yamirami
Fumiko Takekuma: Alola Persian
Sumire Morohoshi: Acerola
Masaki Aizawa: Kuchinashi
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

Last edited:
The Grand Trial battle against Kuchinashi finally begins! Satoshi fights using his powered up Lugarugan, but once Lugarugan is driven against the wall it ends up running wild... will Satoshi be able to clear the Grand Trial?!

Summary:
Satoshi has finally become able to attempt Kuchinashi's Grand Trial battle. In this Grand Trial, he has to defeat 3 Pokémon using only Lugarugan. Lugarugan gets driven completely against the wall during this fierce battle against the powerful Dark type Pokémon Kuchinashi sends out, and ends up running wild once again. Satoshi desperately calls out to it to make it calm down, but...
Will Satoshi and Lugarugan manage to pass the Grand Trial?!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Rikako Aikawa: Bevenom
Keiichi Nakagawa: Lugarugan
Toru Sakurai: Waruvial
Kei Shindo: Mimi-tan
Kaito Ishikawa: Yamirami
Fumiko Takekuma: Alola Persian
Sumire Morohoshi: Acerola
Masaki Aizawa: Kuchinashi
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration
No classmates, no Professor Kukui and no Team Rocket in this episode? Maybe Bewear arrived and took Team Rocket back to its den... I'm looking forward to that grand trial.

Assuming that neither the classmates nor TRio appear, this would be the first episode in the anime where Ash and Pikachu are the only main characters present :rolleyes:

My, that's a sparse cast list! (even for the Pokemon) :confused:

Though hopefully that means less talk, more rock this time.

this would be the first episode in the anime where Ash and Pikachu are the only main characters present :rolleyes:

May Arceus have mercy on us all...

(though we've had a few of those over the years. Though they show just why we need companions around :cautious:)

lycanroc going to be berserk once again
@BraixenFennekin
That is the process of Ash's Rockium Z will turn into Lycanium Z. It seems that, every time when he used Z-Move it will go to his specific Pokémon signature one. So it won't be surprised that Splintered Stormshards is going to made it debut into this episode and thus Ash will complete the grand trial of Nanu, before heading back to Melemele.

Edit: But we won't be seeing that until Sunday second preview.

Last edited:
Assuming that neither the classmates nor TRio appear, this would be the first episode in the anime where Ash and Pikachu are the only main characters present :rolleyes:

So wait, he's ONLY using Lycanroc for this? :confused:

...please tell me this won't be the Elesa battle all over again. o_O

Oh god, I still have nightmares about that one, worst gym battle episode ever

I get the feeling this is deliberate on Nanu's part instead of dumbness on Ash's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom