• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM077: Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! Lugarugan Awakens!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Summary
Kuchinashi assigns the Island Pilgrim Satoshi a "Grand Trial". The trial involves defeating three Pokémon in a row using only a single Pokémon. Satoshi takes the Grand Trial on together with the "Wolf Pokémon" Lugarugan, whom he has just overcome stern training together with.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 樋口香里 (Kaori Higuchi)
Episode Director 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

When is my birb Mokuroh going to get an opportunity? So sick of mouse/cat/dog favouritism on this bloody show!

Rowlet has been used in every every Totem and Kahuna battle so far. He's fine. He's a comic relief Pokemon that can also kick ass.

Lycanroc and Torracat are in need of some battle spotlight far more than Rowlet.

The trial involves defeating three Pokémon in a row using only a single Pokémon.
Interesting, they didn't mention any trials in the previous episodes' summaries. Musashi's Mimikkyu is a totem after all?
The trial involves defeating three Pokémon in a row using only a single Pokémon.
Wait, it's a 3 vs 1 battle? I was joking back then, but Alolan people must be really bad at pokemon battles.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the first time they've done a 3 vs 1 battle on this series?

When is my birb Mokuroh going to get an opportunity? So sick of mouse/cat/dog favouritism on this bloody show!

Looks like the cat's also getting shafted for the arc.

A 3 on 1 battle.... So we have to handicap Ash for the Grand Trial to be anything good. You know now i'm starting to think that the Trainers in Alola suck if they have to do things like this.

The only Pokemon Nanu would use against Ash's Lycanroc are Krookodile, Tyranitar (or Sableye) and Alolan Persian. That's my suggestion.

Let it not be said that they don't try and make each Kahuna battle different.

Now that I think about it, Nanu's Grand Trial is pretty fitting for his character. I'd say a 3 on 1 battle is unfair to the challenger-but what does Nanu specialize in? Dark types. You know, the type known for dirty, underhanded tactics used to seize victory. He's embracing his type specialty, and the first Kahuna to do so.

Interesting.

what if its a 3vs3, but only Lycnroc is left to battle all other 3 of nanus pokemon?
If sabley is used and others and if Nanu makes a switch using u-turn and we get more 1vs1 before Lycanroc stands alone vs 3, he has the right speed and can finish some weakened pokes that battled before.

Lycanroc can amaze us and learn Counter or something new?
I dont tnik it will use more then one Z-move.

what if its a 3vs3, but only Lycnroc is left to battle all other 3 of nanus pokemon?
If sabley is used and others and if Nanu makes a switch using u-turn and we get more 1vs1 before Lycanroc stands alone vs 3, he has the right speed and can finish some weakened pokes that battled before.

Lycanroc can amaze us and learn Counter or something new?
I dont tnik it will use more then one Z-move.
@Matleo
That will be very expecting. But for 3 Versus 3 will be out of the question ever since the prior game released. They have already removed that mechanic two year ago. The only thing that I can tell that Ash will perform more Z-Move than ever due to his Z-Power Ring. capable to do that.

That might turn the tide of the battle on his favour a little bit. But, after this episode, it just emptiness and forgettable as the writer decided to ruin this Arc by only letting Ash all along and went to Ula Ula Island to do the simple task like completing the Grand Trial instead of others event that happened in Akala previously. Which is kinda disappointed.

@Matleo
That will be very expecting. But for 3 Versus 3 will be out of the question ever since the prior game released. They have already removed that mechanic two year ago. The only thing that I can tell that Ash will perform more Z-Move than ever due to his Z-Power Ring. capable to do that.

That might turn the tide of the battle on his favour a little bit. But, after this episode, it just emptiness and forgettable as the writer decided to ruin this Arc by only letting Ash all along and went to Ula Ula Island to do the simple task like completing the Grand Trial instead of others event that happened in Akala previously. Which is kinda disappointed.
single 3vs3 not all 3 vs all 3 , but one after a another like in the past like 1vs1, 6vs6...one vs one but with each trainer 3 pokemon?

we need to wait and see, maybe after trail we get gyms and league of some sort and more battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom