• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM077: Kuchinashi's Grand Trial! Lugarugan Awakens!!

That's the worst part about this to me big battles like this should be something I can be hype for like with XY and DP gym battles, but the Kahuna battles are so boring I could care less.
I know, Kahuna battles are really boring, I wish they should remove that concept and bring back gym battles,m but I think they will come back in the next series.

Late af watching this episode, but I finally got around to it and all I can say is that it was overall annoying. Honestly, the entire idea that Ash's Lycanroc, which has done very little training over the course of this series, has the power to highhandedly defeat a Kahuna's entire team is just ridiculous. And the fact that the rock mutt was able to K.O. Nanu's team with so few attacks while at the same time taking a huge amount of hits is completely unbelievable. And I don't even want to talk about Tapu Bulu just giving Ash a Sitrus Berry in the middle of the battle. Would it have been so hard to have Nanu give Ash the berry, or even Acerola. Why does Ash always need to be given random help from the Island Guardians? Though I wasn't pleased to see Ash receiving Lycanium-Z instead of Darkinum-Z, I was glad that it was at least Nanu's own decision, rather than Tapu Bulu switching the crystals.

This episode would have made more sense imo if Ash had used more Pokemon that just Lycanroc or it took way more hits for Lycanroc to defeat Nanu's team. Idk, but as it was, it didn't seem believable compared to the other Kahuna battles. 6/10.

Honestly, the entire idea that Ash's Lycanroc, which has done very little training over the course of this series, has the power to highhandedly defeat a Kahuna's entire team is just ridiculous.
"Very little training"? I beg your pardon? Lycanroc has done a lot of training, including the minor background training sessions and the big training session just a few episodes ago. I have a feeling you're only seeing what you want to see.
Would it have been so hard to have Nanu give Ash the berry, or even Acerola.
Short answer: Yes.
Longer anwer: In case you haven't noticed, in the anime, Pokémon aren't usually healed during battles, and Nanu really isn't the type of guy who would do something like that. You could even see how annoyed he looked when Tapu Bulu chose to give Lycanroc the Berry. And Acerola was there just as a referee, she wasn't getting involved in the battle in any way, shape, or form. Besides, it made sense for that to happen, since it would've been way too unrealistic for Lycanroc to survive all three battles in a row without healing. So yes, yes it would've been "so hard".

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom