• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM079: Meteno and Bevenom, the Promise that Disappeared into the Starry Sky!

I like that reference that Ash made during encounting a Minior, he made that pose Uncle Rerere from Tensai Bakabon usually makes when he gets confused.

Cute and saddest episode. Great to see the final member of the Weather Trio. Wondering if this will be foreshadowing that Poipole might evolve into Naganadel during the confrontation with Ultra Necrozma. Going to looking forward to it.

I did not expect this episode to be so... emotional, in a good way of course. Like I assumed it would end in a sort of heartfelt goodbye, but damn. They really nailed the Ugly Cry™ on baby Māmane and it caught me off guard, and that scene with Satoshi comforting Bebenom really got me too, it even felt kinda somber to some extent, as if he was also coming to the realization that he'd have to say goodbye to the little guy at some point in the future, and while (I assume) it wasn't outright mentioned it really felt like that was the true meaning behind that scene. Aside from that they really pushed forward the "having fun" part in the middle to make the goodbye moment even sadder, so good job for that you sadistic freaks!

Aside from everything I mentioned above, I have to give props to whoever made those sunset backgrounds at the beginning of the episode, because they were gorgeous and the color palette was amazing!

I did not expect this episode to be so... emotional, in a good way of course. Like I assumed it would end in a sort of heartfelt goodbye, but damn. They really nailed the Ugly Cry™ on baby Māmane and it caught me off guard, and that scene with Satoshi comforting Bebenom really got me too, it even felt kinda somber to some extent, as if he was also coming to the realization that he'd have to say goodbye to the little guy at some point in the future, and while (I assume) it wasn't outright mentioned it really felt like that was the true meaning behind that scene. Aside from that they really pushed forward the "having fun" part in the middle to make the goodbye moment even sadder, so good job for that you sadistic freaks!

Aside from everything I mentioned above, I have to give props to whoever made those sunset backgrounds at the beginning of the episode, because they were gorgeous and the color palette was amazing!
Yeah. I personally really liked how there was no dialogue during the goodbye sequence. That's the best way to handle a scene like that. The characters don't need to say anything when we can already see everything that makes the scene so emotional.

I wonder if the Kukui and Molyane conv. was about the Alola league.
@KrspaceT
I highly doubt they secretly discussed after the gang went to sleep. Now, we all need is Kahili then the piece will be complete. Question is how long is she going to debut? Wondering if there is another sports filler episode featuring golf competition, which will be an excellent way to introduce her. Since most of her time like to play golf, if that make sense.

"Mamane, I don't feel so good..."

giphy.gif

If its core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It's possible that it may survive if it's put into a Poké Ball quickly enough.

Welp, I guess no one is gonna catch it!

Definitely wasn't expecting that Rayquaza cameo.
Well, according to it's entry It lives in the ozone layer, where it becomes food for stronger Pokémon, and there is only one other pokemon that we know that lives in the ozone layer... Which means it's here for free food!

Last edited:
I'm surprised at how well S&M has been faring with these emotional scenes. Who knew a funny more comedic entry in the series could give a punch of FEELS in my stomach with that Stoutland episode and the ending of this episode?

Well that was an unexpectedly warm and heartfelt episode! Glad I wasn't the only person with a lump in their throat by the end...

It's official - Maamane and (!) Bevenom are now my favourite SM characters.

Eh...this episode confused me. I'm reeaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyy gonna need to wait for the dub for this cuz I was pretty lost the entire time. I guess it was supposed to sentimental with Poipole bonding with Minior before it went back to space; I just felt that they really didn't bond that much for all of them to be as sad as they all seemed to be. Then again, I guess Poipole is supposed to be like a baby. I suppose it isn't that strange for it or the main cast to be sad about it leaving.

I won't even review this one. It wouldn't be fair for me to give this episode a low score when I had no idea what was going on. I did think it was cute, and I liked that we even got some focus on Sophy. I just need to understand what was going on.

WOW, I had NO IDEA this would be such a good filler episode. I liked that we finally got to see Molyanne and the observatory, and we learned that the Moon Pokedex entry for the Core was right all along. It was also really cute the way Minior and Poiple played together, which made the ending all the more powerful - I know I'll definitely be thinking twice about having a Minior on my team after seeing this one! But hey, I guess that makes it fit in great with the lighthearted yet extremely disturbing theme of the actual games!

Also, I wasn't expecting Kiawe to be so enraptured by astronomy. :LOL:

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom