• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM080: Sand's Storm! Ice Cave Double Battle!!

I wish the admin would move this review to the main anime and manga forum... Anyway, it's clear that Lillie will perform an ice-type Z-move in the future episodes once she gets a Z-Ring from Mina or either Nanu.

I really wanted that Snowy evolved into Ninetales, but Sandshrew evolved into Sandslash, but luckily, Sophocles's Charjabug got another Ice Stone and gave it from Lillie also with Icium-Z
@BraixenFennekin
The first ending of the series really DID foreshadowing for this episode didn't it, huh?? From now on, any ending or opening might given us some spoiler. Before, the character finally achieve that.

I wish the admin would move this review to the main anime and manga forum... Anyway, it's clear that Lillie will perform an ice-type Z-move in the future episodes once she gets a Z-Ring from Mina or either Nanu.
@radek.tadajewski.7
I believed, it will unlikely to see her challenge either both of Trial captain and Island Kahuna to get Z-Ring or Z Power Ring since she not the type that like to battle very much. Perhaps, it might end up the same kind of scenario like Lana get for finding stuff like what they did in Episode 32. But we will see how she will get as it pointless now for holding the Z-Crystal without doing anything.

Last edited:
I hope this leads into a story about how Ash kept his Thunder Stone after Pikachu first refused to evolve, as we could be seeing a similar situation within a smaller timeframe. Really, I'm fine with whatever Snowy decides after that surprise Z-Crystal.

I know, I should not have the permission to do it. But the Admin are very busy elsewhere. So I posting it.

Users can create review and preview threads. There is no mod restriction for that. :)

Also, I’ve moved the thread back to the main section and stickied it. Dunno why it was moved to the archive to begin with.

Users can create review and preview threads. There is no mod restriction for that. :)

Also, I’ve moved the thread back to the main section and stickied it. Dunno why it was moved to the archive to begin with.
@Cresselia92
The new rule by one of your fellow college. Because, when I click it at the Post New Thread it just jump into Episodes Previews/Reviews Archive once more. Despite, I posted it at the main Anime and Manga topic.

RULES: - Rules and Guidelines

@Cresselia92
The new rule by one of your fellow college. Because, when I click it at the Post New Thread it just jump into Episodes Previews/Reviews Archive once more. Despite, I posted it at the main Anime and Manga topic.

RULES: - Rules and Guidelines

That rule is for old reviews from past sagas, while this is a current episode, so that rule doesn’t really apply in this case.

I feel like this could be a bug/glitch in the site, since it isn’t supposed to do that, so I’m going to bring it up to my fellow mods.

Thanks for pointing it out. Now feel free to keep discussing about this episode. :)

Wow, I guess the screenwriters really DID turn on Torracat and Rowlet...:cry:

Lillie: Z-move, here I come!

"Here Snowy, wanna evolve?"
"Um...let's give me some development first. Or at least a new move."

Last edited:
And the writers of this series continue to confound me. They had the opportunity for Lillie to learn a valuable lesson about the ethics of evolving Pokémon with elemental stones, but wasted it.

If it were me, I would've had Lillie be hesistant to use the Ice Stone to evolve Snowy into an Alolan Ninetales, remembering how Lusamine evolved Clefairy against its will, and she thinks Snowy is cute as she is, has grown to love cuddling her in her arms, and the like. But then Snowy decides to touch the Ice Stone on its own, and Lillie finally realizes that Snowy really wanted to evolve to become stronger and be more like a shepherd to Lillie and stand up for her, after witnessing firsthand what caused her to become so scared of touching Pokémon. And then she decides she still loves Snowy, regardless of how she looks now. And then circa SM110, we could maybe see Lillie get a Z-Ring and an Icium-Z to go with it.

Last edited:
Wow, Lilie didn't get that Sandslash after all? What a surprising development!
Who would have guess that that Sandslash was a totem pokemon after all! Lilie's probably gonna evolve Shiron at the end of SM.
Now I believe she'll get the Fairium Z as well.
giphy.gif

Soooooooooo exciting!

This was a really nice episode. The A-Sandshrew were so damn cute, especially the really big one. :X3: I liked that Lillie was reminded of Queen Olivia's double battle with Ash when she battled Tyranitar. I was only a bit disappointed that she battled more with Sandshrew than with her own Pokemon, but I guess it made sense since Sandshrew was obviously stronger. I really expected Sophocles/Lillie to try to evolve Snowy with the first Ice Stone; I didn't expect Charjabug to find another, but that was nice :D I'm also so happy that Lillie got the Icium-Z, can't wait to see her and Snowy get a Z-Ring so she can use Subzero Slammer.

I was a bit surprised that they didn't focus on Pikachu's little group at all for the entire time everyone was lost. Especially when Lana's time amounted to nothing, but going through tunnels o_O. But overall, I really enjoyed this episode. 10/10 honestly. There wasn't really anything that truly bothered me. It was a really great episode for Lillie. :D

This was a really nice episode. The A-Sandshrew were so damn cute, especially the really big one. :X3: I liked that Lillie was reminded of Queen Olivia's double battle with Ash when she battled Tyranitar. I was only a bit disappointed that she battled more with Sandshrew than with her own Pokemon, but I guess it made sense since Sandshrew was obviously stronger. I really expected Sophocles/Lillie to try to evolve Snowy with the first Ice Stone; I didn't expect Charjabug to find another, but that was nice :D I'm also so happy that Lillie got the Icium-Z, can't wait to see her and Snowy get a Z-Ring so she can use Subzero Slammer.

I was a bit surprised that they didn't focus on Pikachu's little group at all for the entire time everyone was lost. Especially when Lana's time amounted to nothing, but going through tunnels o_O. But overall, I really enjoyed this episode. 10/10 honestly. There wasn't really anything that truly bothered me. It was a really great episode for Lillie. :D

My only nit pick is Lillie not catching Sandshrew and the first ice stone being used on him was about to piss me off until the second stone was found. Since the second stone was found, it calmed me down on what is still big Lillie moment. (Taking down a pseudo legendary with only her wits and two pokemon is no small feat!)

Wow, Lilie didn't get that Sandslash after all? What a surprising development!
Who would have guess that that Sandslash was a totem pokemon after all! Lilie's probably gonna evolve Shiron at the end of SM.
Now I believe she'll get the Fairium Z as well.
giphy.gif

Soooooooooo exciting!

I called Lillie not getting Sandshrew.

And the writers of this series continue to confound me. They had the opportunity for Lillie to learn a valuable lesson about the ethics of evolving Pokémon with elemental stones, but wasted it.

If it were me, I would've had Lillie be hesistant to use the Ice Stone to evolve Snowy into an Alolan Ninetales, remembering how Lusamine evolved Clefairy against its will, and she thinks Snowy is cute as she is, has grown to love cuddling her in her arms, and the like. But then Snowy decides to touch the Ice Stone on its own, and Lillie finally realizes that Snowy really wanted to evolve to become stronger and be more like a shepherd to Lillie and stand up for her, after witnessing firsthand what caused her to become so scared of touching Pokémon. And then she decides she still loves Snowy, regardless of how she looks now. And then circa SM110, we could maybe see Lillie get a Z-Ring and an Icium-Z to go with it.

They aren't going to get rid of one of their most popular Pokemon

If Snowy evolves, then Lillie won't be able to walk around with it or carry it in her arms anymore, just like with Pikachu and Ash's shoulder. Basically, Snowy isn't evolving for the same reason as Pikachu or Piplup; marketing ($$$).

Besides, if there ever was a time for Snowy to evolve, now's not it.

It's also worth nothing that unlike Lana or Team Rocket, Lillie got her own "Z-Crystal Get!" animation similar to Ash's, so it'll probably be re-used at least one more time for Lillie to get another Z-Crystal.

Last edited:
If it were me, I would've had Lillie be hesistant to use the Ice Stone to evolve Snowy into an Alolan Ninetales, remembering how Lusamine evolved Clefairy against its will, and she thinks Snowy is cute as she is, has grown to love cuddling her in her arms, and the like.
Conversely, I think it shows great character development that she's apparently changed her tone on evolving cute Pokémon like Clefairy and Alolan Vulpix. I really do appreciate the contrast between her past and present.

On that topic, I'm really starting to think some of us are blowing this whole Clefable out of proportion. Even if little Lillie was presumably upset at the time, one of her "I know you're in there" flashbacks with the Pokémon showed her and Clefable playing together just like before. It's not like Lusamine irreparably ruined their friendship by evolving her Clefairy...

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom