• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM081: Alola's Young Fire! Royal Satoshi's Birth!!

Singaporean

Reaction score
Funny and excitement episode. Burnet is only one way closer to know his husband identity very very soon.

BraixenFennekin

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
I bet Bourgain went on Hoenn, and he stole Serena's Pancham, and Bourgain let Pancham evolve into Pangoro. hahahahahahaha Just kidding. And this episode was terrific awesome. I thought Torracat learned Fire Punch but he learned Revenge. Well, that was awesome episode. As it says always: "Enjoy!"

SonansuMan

That's the way it is.
Reaction score
Episode ended up sure enough with a predictable outcome, but I still enjoyed the fact that we're starting to get more fleshed out battles in the series (SM076 and SM077 personally could've been better though). The animation was good, the jokes were better than most of SM's humor and come to think of it, there were actually pretty little comical expressions when compared to an actual episode of the series. I also love that each member on Ash's team (aside from Poipole) has gotten a new move just in the course of 6 episodes.

OVERALL SCORE:
8.5/10

BigDocFan

Reaction score
A nice episode but way too much talking

And why did they have Team Rocket acting as MC's again, must have been other characters they could have used

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
A nice episode but way too much talking

And why did they have Team Rocket acting as MC's again, must have been other characters they could have used
A spotted a Chansey, Blissey and Alola Form Raichu in the crowd, can you add them, please?

SonansuMan

That's the way it is.
Reaction score
Because I can't stand Team Rocket

Do the Muk, Poliwrath and Golem belong to any named trainers?
Even if Team Rocket weren't the announcers in the episode and were replaced with random characters, the episode would have virtually been unchanged.

I'll happily take a non-assertive role they had in the episode over what could potentially ended up in them probably getting shoehorned into the Battle Royale only to get taken away by Bewear after about 2 minutes.

As for the Pokemon, they seem to only belong to the Grunts.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
So Torracat learns revenge...
It’s interesting that a dark move has been animated with Fire that isn’t Darkest Lariat.

Pretty much in line with my predictions.
EDIT: Revenge is a Fighting and not Dark move. My bad. Still, it’s nice to see a Fighting move animated with Fire.

Last edited:

martianmister

マーシャンミスター
Reaction score
Screenshot_2018-07-05-15-20-09-1.png

IT'S ME, ALOLA! IT WAS ME! ALL ALONG! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
Wow, was that match boring or what? It's like exact same moves done and done again with nothing interesting and new to add.
Suiren deserve to be there right next to Royal Mask more than Satoshi ever does.
Mao, I'm surprised that you're interested something like this. Maybe you're just here to babysit Suiren?
Lilie, please, we all know it's not your thing.
Kukui is living a double life, confirmed. I smell a divorce! And apparently poor Gaogaen has to live in a pokeball for its whole life, because of Kukui's pointless secret.
Nice to know that rich jerk who tried to destroy Kaki's family is free with no consequences. Yay!
Nyasu, I think you have a crush on Nyaheat. SM could end soon, you have to open your feelings for her/him!

Sakuraa

Cute bunny baby
Reaction score
This episode kinda confused the hell out of me. Maybe it's just because I don't know anything about wrestling, but I didn't get how Royal Mask's opponents were...well opponents plural and not just one other person. Also, I didn't understand how Ash was just allowed to join the fight after Torracat decided to insert himself into it when Incineroar was getting trashed. And for some reason Kiawe and Lana couldn't join, but their Pokemon were allowed to help out with no penalties to the Royal duo or anything. But this is Pokemon and logic means nothing so I won't focus on that too much.

My main issue with this episode was how people/pokemon just kept coming out of nowhere. First Royal Mask was battling Elective, then Magmotar, A-Golem, A-Muk, and Poliwrath joined the fight. Then the dude who tried to take Kiawe's farm literally rolled up out of nowhere. It was so much and so weird, and in my opinion, so unnecessary.

Also, can I just say that I feel this is the most I've seen of Torracat since his evolution (ironically in the last Royal Mask episode). Seriously, I feel like he's had no focus for so long, and now gets another focus episode that once again centers around Royal Mask and even learns a new move to boot.

Overall, the episode was fine, just weird to me. Torracat learning Revenge was nice I guess. TR being the announcers were easily the worst part of the episode. Overall, I'd say this episode ranks at about a 7. Not terrible, but not something I'd re-watch either.

Twilight-Kun

Megalomaniacal toaster on a keyboard
Reaction score
How dare Team Rocket be productive members of society and offer to MC a Battle Royale

Clearly they should be in every episode, tied to every conflict, overshadow the actual regional villain team, and get blasted off by Pikachu's Thunderbolt at the end of it all

FinnishPokéFan92

A Huggable Dragon Slug
Reaction score
How dare Team Rocket be productive members of society and offer to MC a Battle Royale

Clearly they should be in every episode, tied to every conflict, overshadow the actual regional villain team, and get blasted off by Pikachu's Thunderbolt at the end of it all

...and I like it.