• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM081: Alola's Young Fire! Royal Satoshi's Birth!!

Gotta love Shrödinger's Team Rocket, they get criticised for being too repetitive when they show up to do the same thing they always used to do, yet they get criticised for being too shoehorned when they show up to do something fresh and unintrusive to an episode.

Gotta love Shrödinger's Team Rocket, they get criticised for being too repetitive when they show up to do the same thing they always used to do, yet they get criticised for being too shoehorned when they show up to do something fresh and unintrusive to an episode.
I'm beginning to think the majority of us just don't know what we want out of them anymore. Do you want the old days when they were unnecessarily forced into every episode (I maintain that their roles in "Pikachu's Goodbye" could have been fulfilled by a forest fire or something) or do you want the BW era when they'd literally vanish for several months at a time? It really does bother me that they can't even do legit and unintrusive work as Battle Royal commentators without attracting some flak.

It is obnoxious because Sun & Moon is absolutely fixing the "problems" that so many people claimed to have with the trio and yet that's still not enough for some people.

People didn't like the Rocket trio because they kept appearing in every episode, so the show has been significantly reducing their number of appearances (their attendance during Sun & Moon has been hovering at around 60% for the better part of the last two years). But that isn't enough.

People didn't like the Rocket trio because they don't accomplish anything, so the show had them befriend a Trial Captain, receive Z-Rings and Z-Crystals, and successfully pulled off two Z-Moves. But that isn't enough.

People didn't like the Rocket trio because whenever they do appear they do nothing but eat up screentime, so the show gives them these non-intrusive roles like Battle Royale emcees that would have needed to be filled by someone anyway. But that isn't enough.

Hell, how many times have they even tried to go after Pikachu in this series?

And yet that *still* isn't enough.

My personal theory is that some people just love hating on the Rocket trio for the sake of hating on the Rocket trio. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
I really loved how Kiawe and Suiren jumped off the seats to attack the Poliwrath and Muk. Torracat also learned Revenge which was great. I'm guessing his moveset right now might be:
-scratch
-fire fang
-flame charge
-revenge
I also loved how they animated Magmortar using Feint Attack. Was so funny.
So, the episode was really great overall, just a little bit messy. But still, this could be one of the best SM episodes.

I really loved how Kiawe and Suiren jumped off the seats to attack the Poliwrath and Muk. Torracat also learned Revenge which was great. I'm guessing his moveset right now might be:
-scratch
-fire fang
-flame charge
-revenge
I also loved how they animated Magmortar using Feint Attack. Was so funny.
So, the episode was really great overall, just a little bit messy. But still, this could be one of the best SM episodes.
Yeah finaly a decent battle in a loooong time.

Well this was an ok battle but to me thats all it was ok. The best parts where Kukui trying to keep his secret and TR. Everything else was meh. 6 out of 10 for me.

It is obnoxious because Sun & Moon is absolutely fixing the "problems" that so many people claimed to have with the trio and yet that's still not enough for some people.

People didn't like the Rocket trio because they kept appearing in every episode, so the show has been significantly reducing their number of appearances (their attendance during Sun & Moon has been hovering at around 60% for the better part of the last two years). But that isn't enough.

People didn't like the Rocket trio because they don't accomplish anything, so the show had them befriend a Trial Captain, receive Z-Rings and Z-Crystals, and successfully pulled off two Z-Moves. But that isn't enough.

People didn't like the Rocket trio because whenever they do appear they do nothing but eat up screentime, so the show gives them these non-intrusive roles like Battle Royale emcees that would have needed to be filled by someone anyway. But that isn't enough.

Hell, how many times have they even tried to go after Pikachu in this series?

And yet that *still* isn't enough.

My personal theory is that some people just love hating on the Rocket trio for the sake of hating on the Rocket trio. Plain and simple.
Some could even argue that TR is actually MORE accomplished than most of the classmates (looking at you, Sophocles) and yet they rarely even appear.

Even with all of the improvements they've gotten this series, I honestly find it hard to believe so many people dislike them.

Some could even argue that TR is actually MORE accomplished than most of the classmates (looking at you, Sophocles) and yet they rarely even appear.

Even with all of the improvements they've gotten this series, I honestly find it hard to believe so many people dislike them.
I dont dislike them. I think some people arent used to them yet because they dont watch the animé long enough

I don’t know why I’m actually asking this question out loud and I’m more than certain that if must seem strange, but, why is it that when Brock was shown without a shirt during this generation, a mere few episode ago, he was shown to have quite the defined torso, and yet, whenever Ash was shown to be shirtless, which has been happening repeatedly during this generation, this episode included, he receives no such treatment at all?

I don’t know why I’m actually asking this question out loud and I’m more than certain that if must seem strange, but, why is it that when Brock was shown without a shirt during this generation, a mere few episode ago, he was shown to have quite the defined torso, and yet, whenever Ash was shown to be shirtless, which has been happening repeatedly during this generation, this episode included, he receives no such treatment at all?
I guess because he's young. That's the only reason I can think of.

This might be my favorite episode so far. Incineroar is awesome!! I also love seeing Kakui panic since he's probably the most chill of all of the professor's so far.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom