• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM082: Dance Dance in Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, that is Teeter Dance. If she evolve major requirement will be Stomp. I didn't see any of it.
Remember how Serena's Eevee evolved without knowing a Fairy move first? I still think it's going to be an evolution. I know the title is not just a reference to Dance Dance Revolution, since they actually use the word "shinka" for evolution, instead of just using the English word "evolution". So yeah. I think Steenee going to evolve here.

Actually, Teeter Dance makes pink mist, but this one doesn't seem to make any pink mist here.
Attack animations change, but yeah, this doesn't even remotely look like Teeter Dance to me, since 1) Steenee is not dancing while the animation happens, and 2) the animation shows a lot of bright glowing, which I don't think would fit the move at all, and is more akin to the glow commonly seen around evolving Pokémon.

Yup. I think it's going to be another evolution time for Steenee.

Attack animations change, but yeah, this doesn't even remotely look like Teeter Dance to me, since 1) Steenee is not dancing while the animation happens, and 2) the animation shows a lot of bright glowing, which I don't think would fit the move at all, and is more akin to the glow commonly seen around evolving Pokémon.

Yup. I think it's going to be another evolution time for Steenee.
@FinnishPokéFan92
If that is true. Then, congratulation of predicting the future outcome. Following afterwards, It will definitely having a bad time to following command for Mallow's due to her new highness attitude.

Doesn't look like an evolution to me. Lights seems to come from somewhere under Steenee, not from her. At least she's not glowing herself.

What if it’s using a move before evolving?
The animation of Bounsweet evolving into Steenee is also similar, with it releasing a pink mist and then glowing shortly after.

Interestingly Ash and Mallow were trapped while Bounsweet evolved, and the main cast seems trapped now, too.

Doesn't look like an evolution to me. Lights seems to come from somewhere under Steenee, not from her. At least she's not glowing herself.
Remember that evolution animations have been inconsistent during this series, so there's no guarantee that it's not the evolution process taking place.
The animation of Bounsweet evolving into Steenee is also similar, with it releasing a pink mist and then glowing shortly after.

Interestingly Ash and Mallow were trapped while Bounsweet evolved, and the main cast seems trapped now, too.

That's a possibility, too.

Why are you so disbelieving with what the title is saying?
@FinnishPokéFan92
Because, I don't want to expecting very much. In the end, the result will be major disappointment. Especially now, not very much change only filler after filler until the remaining Ultra Beasts intrusion into Alola, Then I will think about it. Perhaps, this or next Sunday second preview, I will see if your theory is correct.

@PkmnTrainerV
That one is unexpected. However, If Steenee evolve into Tsareena. The major requirement is Stomp move. That is the game mechanic If writer forget that and go with it without that move. Then everything is possible like Lillie lovely snowy might evolve without Ice Stone. That will be even more ridiculous.

Then everything is possible like Lillie lovely snowy might evolve without Ice Stone. That will be even more ridiculous.
The anime has been accurate every time so far when it comes to stone evolutions. Since Lillie has an ice stone I don’t see the trend disappearing.
—-

I believe Steenee is evolving here due to the title, and Steenee's glow/mist matching the previous time it evolved.

Um, I dunno, maybe because I like seeing main character Pokémon evolving?
Why though? It would make no sense for Mallow to be the first character that have her pokemon evolve second time, she barely do anything with it. She's not gonna battle with it since she have no interest in pokemon battles. And it doesn't suit her at all. There is no reason to evolve it.
Plus, the evidence is there. We just need a confirmation
Just like the evidence for Lana's Dewpider and Lillie's Sandslash? You were so sure back then.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not identical at all. She's not even glowing.
You realise they’re not going to show the evolution animation (if it happens) completely in the preview itself?

Bounsweet: Releases a circular mist > glows > evolves

Steenee : Releases an identical mist > ???

Bounsweet also released mist without glowing for a second or two in the video I linked earlier.

Why though? It would make no sense for Mallow to be the first character that have her pokemon evolve second time, she barely do anything with it. She's not gonna battle with it since she have no interest in pokemon battles. And it doesn't suit her at all. There is no reason to evolve it.
Some of those points sound heavily opinionated. And even if you were right with any of those points, I don't care! An evolution is an evolution, and I'm not complaining at all if that happens!
Just like the evidence for Lana's Dewpider and Lillie's Sandslash? You were so sure back then.
I meant as in a confirmation in one way or another. Right now it's too vague to say anything with a 100% certainty.
It's not identical at all. She's not even glowing.
Remember that some main character Pokémon evolutions in the S&M series seem to have been a bit customized, like Bounsweet and Litten's evolutions. This could just be another similar case.

You realise they’re not going to show the evolution animation
Why? You claimed that they already revealed evolution in the episode's name.
Bounsweet: Releases a circular mist > glows > evolves
Mist had nothing with its evolution, it's just Sweet Scent she's using on Meowth.
Steenee : Releases an identical mist > ???
I see no mist?
Remember that some main character Pokémon evolutions in the S&M series seem to have been a bit customized, like Bounsweet and Litten's evolutions. This could just be another similar case.
That's a very weak explanation, considering the light are coming from under her. It would make more sense if it's an effect of some move she used or learned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom