• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM082: Dance Dance in Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, Steenee's getting something out of it. (even though she doesn't deserve anything...)
@SammyW27
In 50/50 good and bad. The only thing is that how the opening going to face after this episode. I wish it won't be long, Ash of his other classmate pokémon might follow the suit of evolve soon.

I really dont get why they use a dance-themed episode for a pokemon who never showed an intrest for dancing in the first place. Agreed it has to learn Stomp, but there are many other situations to learn a new move. This should be more a Lana-focused episode.

OS18 got banned for a character crossdressing, although in that case inflatable breasts were involved.
Exactly. That was the major issue, not the crossdressing itself. Team Rocket has crossdressed multiple times since and before then, and it's not caused any sort of problems.

Also, read what I added after that.

Nah! I doubt this episode will be banned, just like the crossdressing episodes in BW and XY weren’t banned.

Besides, crossdressing isn’t seen as a mockery of the opposite gender or anything like that. It’s extremely common in areas like theatrical acts and among some celebrities, and it definitely isn’t as frowned upon as something related to races’ mockery.

This episode should be fine.

Apparently Steenee is seen caught in a net thrown by Team Rocket in the second preview. I wonder if she is going to save Ash and the others by stomping on a big cage?

I don't see why they would skip it for that, it's still a pretty common trope and the dub has never avoided it.

Just look what happened to the Passimian episode :confused:

The times they are a changin'...

You're right, people being uncomfortable with racism was invented in 2018 and there's never been a Pokemon episode skipped in the dub due to connotations of blackface.

Are you guys excited that steenee evolves into amajo (tsareena)? I'm excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom