• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM082: Dance Dance in Evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy, the trolling and debating begins. This is going to be take awhile. Until everything settle down.

Like I say earlier, never EVER expecting the episode so quick. Because, you're going to be very disappointed at the end of the episode result.

A very polarizing preview if the chat above me was any indication. Can we all agree on these three core facts?

1) It's a Mallow/Steenee focused episode.

2) The main cast gets captured by Team Rocket.

3) Steenee will learn a new move, likely Teeter Dance or Stomp, evolve, or both.

I’m not very invested in Mallow so I doubt I’ll be disappointed with Steenee not evolving here.

And I doubt any trolling is going on in this thread.

We'll have to wait to the next Sunday for the second preview and see what happens.

1) It's a Mallow/Steenee focused episode.

2) The main cast gets captured by Team Rocket.

3) Steenee will learn a new move, likely Teeter Dance or Stomp, evolve, or both.
Yeah, another "TRio is trying to capture everyone" episode and i bet whatever is is happening to Steene it will help them escape, obviously.
Let's just count other episodes with that formula... I say that again, instant skip!

Yeah, another "TRio is trying to capture everyone" episode and i bet whatever is is happening to Steene it will help them escape, obviously.
Let's just count other episodes with that formula... I say that again, instant skip!
I think you should try my way of approaching this: watch the episode, and if you didn't like it, don't watch it again. Ways better than just skipping an episode and hoping you didn't miss anything important.

Also, imagine if you skipped an actully good episode, and somebody told you about it before you watched it. That would just lessen the impact the episode is supposed to have on you.

In short: don't judge a book by its cover, or an episode by its preview, and start giving this series the respect it deserves.

Last edited:
If Steenee evolves, can we get a rebonding episode down the line like with Charizard, Mamoswine, and Excadrill? Tsareena's a lot more haughty so I can't see it being a smooth transition for trainer and Pokémon.

I think you should try my way of approaching this: watch the episode, and if you didn't like it, don't watch it again. Ways better than just skipping an episode and hoping you didn't miss anything important.

Also, imagine if you skipped an actully good episode, and somebody told you about it before you watched it. That would just lessen the impact the episode is supposed to have on you.

In short: don't judge a book by its cover, or an episode by its preview, and start giving this series the respect it deserves.
I almost never rewatch episodes, only The Expanse or Stranger Things would get that honour (I also watched Rise of the Guardians like 8 times). And previews/summaries/titles say enought to tell if im skipping important things. This is possible, just very rare.
I triad to approach SM with respect, but even after first episode, my rection was like "ugh oh is that... thing even Pokemon?". As a faithful fan i pushed through, hoping that it will get better. But it was only getting worse. The battles and the plot felt lazy, and the first serious ark was a huge disapointment. Im sorry but the more i watch, the greater gets that awful feeling, that SM just does not deserve my respect. Just like it doesnt seem to respect the games. Please do not tell things like "just dont watch it", i will continue to follow PokeAni just to see how it will handle itself. Discountinuing this discussion would be much apreciated, even thought i know i will start it again eventually.

Last edited:
Staff:
Adamant said:
Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 飯島正勝 (Masakatsu Iijima)
Episode Director 中村近世 (Chikayo Nakamura)
Animation Director 田之上慎 (Shin Tanoue)
Animation Director 小林ゆかり (Yukari Kobayashi)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

I almost never rewatch episodes, only The Expanse or Stranger Things would get that honour (I also watched Rise of the Guardians like 8 times). And previews/summaries/titles say enought to tell if im skipping important things. This is possible, just very rare.
I triad to approach SM with respect, but even after first episode, my rection was like "ugh oh is that... thing even Pokemon?". As a faithful fan i pushed through, hoping that it will get better. But it was only getting worse. The battles and the plot felt lazy, and the first serious ark was a huge disapointment. Im sorry but the more i watch, the greater gets that awful feeling, that SM just does not deserve my respect. Just like it doesnt seem to respect the games. Please do not tell things like "just dont watch it", i will continue to follow PokeAni just to see how it will handle itself. Discountinuing this discussion would be much aprociated, even thought i know i will start it again eventually.
Indeed. The cast is too big. The episodes feel meh. Why do they always need a half of an episode to build up the plot? They make stories based on the humor. And their wasnt one episode without stupid faces and gags.

I know its been a minute since James has crossdressed but when's the last time Jessie has?

I'd be more interested about Amamaiko's possible evolution if that meant she and Mao will be more relevant or interesting from now on, but that's not guaranteed. So I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen. But I guess it's good to see those two being the center of attention once again, even if it's just for a new move.

And maybe it's because of her hairstyle in that preview, because of Sun & Moon art style or because we don't see it so often, but Musashi looks really weird without lipstick on. At least it seems this time they'll have a funnier role than in this week's episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom