• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM082: Dance Dance in Evolution?

WatcherMark

Reaction score
As expected, Amamaiko learned Stomp and evolved. She may also have learned Trop Kick, although it may have just been an animation choice.

Team Rocket, sadly, were only disguised for the motto so we got minimum Kojiro crossdressing. Also, their cage sucked in that the bars were so wide several of the Pokemon could have easily slipped through them.

A very amusing moment was towards the end when the newly-evolved Amajo made it clearly to Mokuroh she wasn't going to take any more of its shit and immediately kicked into a Mokushoot aimed at Satoshi. She's definitely gone through a personality change, but not to a point where its going to be a problem for Mao it appears.

BraixenFennekin

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
oh my god, the evolution was right, Mallow's Steenee evolved into Tsareena. Also, this episode was so awesome.

this was look like in "XY064" episode in Pokemon X and Y Kalos Quest "Battling with Elegance and Smile" when Aria and Serena were battling when Fennekin evolved into Braixen.

Singaporean

Reaction score
Fight like Hitmonlee, having the speed of Greninja with a crown on her head. It Tsareena. Now, I really hope, after episode 85, Ash other classmate also evolve as well.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
One of my favorite Alola Pokémon is here, ready to Trop Kick the daylights out of anyone who dares to annoy her! Hallelujah!

BraixenFennekin

Reaction score
and Tsareena is debuted, the pokemon had never appeared since the premiere of Sun and Moon series, until now and since SM018 that Steenee debuted.

radek.tadajewski.7

Reaction score
Too bad the ending theme Twerps was changed to Breath only for this episode. I wanted to see Tsareena in the ending theme. Ah well, I hope this Twerp boy and Twerp girl will be included in reruns or in Amazon Prime Japan once it's out.

L-05308

Reaction score
Am I the only one who’s disappointed Steenee evolved after the only interesting thing it ever having done is evolve the first time?

And mother of god, Tsareena is an ugly Pokemon!

BraixenFennekin

Reaction score
wow, Tsareena is known as the queen of fruits. I love this Pokemon and I never seen that before.

ii kanji

What's a motto with you?
Reaction score
Probs just my TRio bias/hit-following-withdrawal talking, but this was a fun episode. Classic trap, motto and fail episodes are now so few and far between that I'm gagging for them when they come round. It's always good to get a reminder that Musashi (and the others in their heart of hearts) will do anything to put on a show, even if the output is 0 :p

I must ask though, what the actual f Sonansu::cry:

Also +10 for Ho & Sui referring to Satoshi as Suiren's boyfriend again. Nice one girlies.

Shiron skidding aimlessly around on ice made me miss contest appeals so much :cry:

BraixenFennekin

Reaction score
and english dub, will Tsareena being voiced by the same actress?

Timsworld

Reaction score
and english dub, will Tsareena being voiced by the same actress?
Only time will tell.

I actually wonder how they will handle the Team Rocket motto sequence in the English dub. Seems like they will be forced to keep the music in that scene. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they removed it seeing as they did something similar during a scene in one of Serena's competitions in which she played to the background music on some pots and pans.

BraixenFennekin

Reaction score
and someone might put an image for tsareena after she evolved from steenee in sm082 page like someone did in xy064 page when fennekin evolved into braixen

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
Am I the only one who’s disappointed Steenee evolved after the only interesting thing it ever having done is evolve the first time?
Yes. Yes you are. People don't usually complain when a Pokémon evolves in the show.
And mother of god, Tsareena is an ugly Pokemon!
I dare to disagree. I personally love Tsareena, it being one of my favorite Alolan Pokémon. I even used one in Moon, and it served me so well that I'm planning to use one again in Ultra Moon. I like both the design and the fact that the kicks from this thing hurt!

Cresselia92

Eye of the Swan
Reaction score
You’re not. I feel like this evolution was really unwarranted, with Steenee doing very little before evolving. It feels just like a cheap way to give some “development” to Mallow, maybe as a way to compensate for the fact that she is the least developed female character.

I really wished Steenee got at least a couple of development episodes or something like that before this episode. At least it’s not as bad as Swaddlon’s case.

Timsworld

Reaction score
You’re not. I feel like this evolution was really unwarranted, with Steenee doing very little before evolving. It feels just like a cheap way to give some “development” to Mallow, maybe as a way to compensate for the fact that she is the least developed female character.

I really wished Steenee got at least a couple of development episodes or something like that before this episode. At least it’s not as bad as Swaddlon’s case.
Not only that but it's whole evolution thing has just been the same turn of events done twice. Ash and co get stuck in a trap set by TR, Bounsweet (or in this case Steenee) tries to save them, fails at doing that and evolves just for the heck of it. Not very creative if you ask me.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score

Not only that but it's whole evolution thing has just been the same turn of events done twice. Ash and co get stuck in a trap set by TR, Bounsweet (or in this case Steenee) tries to save them, fails at doing that and evolves just for the heck of it. Not very creative if you ask me.
I understand your point, but I still like the fact that she evolved. (Part of me is honestly wanting to start heavily ranting at you of how you dare call this or any evolution undeserved, but I'm restraining myself.) Plus, Steenee's evolution actually makes sense when you realize that instead of getting stronger, it simply requires it learning a new move, so no growth was really necessarily needed to reach this point, meaning that Tsareena can still have a lot of potential for growth.

StacheKing Dave

Mustache Cash Stache
Reaction score
Well it looks like I was right on two of my three points in that TR captured virtually everyone and that Steenee evolved and learned a couple new moves.

HiroHunter

Reaction score
What was the point of Steenee evolving? All she did was learn a new move and before this ep nothing else.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Its probably the biggest problem with the Sun and Moon cast. Its too large for the Pokemon anime to handle, and it has led to underdeveloped characters like Mallow and Sophocles. 82 episodes in and they're still very bland and haven't done a whole lot. They have to juggle around with about 8 characters almost, and that is including Professor Kukui and Rotom Dex. I'm with you though. Steenee hardly did anything before this evolution.