• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM083: Satoshi Becomes Small

Prize to most surprisingly amazing episodes goes to...

The continuity is strong with this one; Ultra ride Pokemon, asshole Persian, Pikachu communicating with Dedenne.

This is the most Togedemaru has done since episode 6!

Anyone remember when I didn’t really like Tsareena? Because I think Tsareena is my favourite Pokemon.

this episode for Alolan Persian was the same as the 7th episode on the S&M series and Dedenne marked the return for the first time since the XY series when Bonnie used to take care of that Pokemon, I remember in the 4th episode of XY back in november 2013, Clemont caught dedenne to get bonnie to take care. As for that the episode was lame, so I give this episode a 5,2/10.

Funny and worse episode. Except for Tsareena which her own pattern of attack make very reminiscent of Ash's Greninja. Wondering which episode of hers move set is going to make him remembering of the flashback in Kalos Adventures. We will never know.

I like it, i was funny. I only didnt understand how they did get normal again and why the UG were involved in this. I liked the Dedenne

Funny and worse episode. Except for Tsareena which her own pattern of attack make very reminiscent of Ash's Greninja. Wondering which episode of hers move set is going to make him remembering of the flashback in Kalos Adventures. We will never know.
Why worse? Does it?

Why worse? Does it?
@KenzeyEevee
First, because nothing else happens. That is why worse. Second, always never trust that old hug Faba. He will never knows what going on and allowing it to happens. Despite of what he did to Lillie during her young child traumatic, when the extra-dimensional Jellyfish tried to kidnapped her.

@KenzeyEevee
First, because nothing else happens. That is why worse. Second, always never trust that old hug Faba. He will never knows what going on and allowing it to happens. Despite of what he did to Lillie during her young child traumatic, when the extra-dimensional Jellyfish tried to kidnapped her.
You know not every episodes has to be action-filled. It was a cool and funny episode. But why was Soph scared?

As I thought, Faba wanted to demonstrate how Poké Balls are just amazing at containing even the biggest of Pokémon in a pocket-sized capsule (see what I did there?). Of course it'd make sense for someone to think "Why couldn't this technology be used on other things too?", even if said idea was just played for laughs in this episode (which is sorta sad, actually).

Kinda weird seeing the Ultra Guardians (or at least, half of them) tackling a mission that doesn't involve an Ultra Beast. It was also weird seeing only half of them launching away.

I really like how Tsareena got some focus to show off how much stronger she had gotten since evolving. She truly deserved it. Just as much as that stupid Persian deserved that beatdown.

I think it was just a coincidence that Ash's Pikachu sneezed just when the three shrunken kids returned to normal size. My guess is the malfunctioned ray's effect was only temporary.

Aaand of course, there's the cliche "here we go again" ending. Should've excepted this more than I actually did...

You know not every episodes has to be action-filled. It was a cool and funny episode. But why was Soph scared?
@KenzeyEevee
Perhaps, that is what his personal was. Genius, but coward. I wish, his Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt soon. Then, it will be the second powerhouse pokémon for any villain to try to deal with par with Tsareena. Maybe, Guzma or Plumeria debut will be the key to that. It already over 80 episodes and they still didn't making their entry yet. It REALLY REALLY frustrating.

@KenzeyEevee
Perhaps, that is what his personal was. Genius, but coward. I wish, his Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt soon. Then, it will be the second powerhouse pokémon for any villain to try to deal with par with Tsareena. Maybe, Guzma or Plumeria debut will be the key to that. It already over 80 episodes and they still didn't making their entry yet. It REALLY REALLY frustrating.
If they dont appear, they dont. Live with it. Dont complain

I think Faba got excited about "Ant-man and the Wasp" and decided it would be a great idea to make a machine that shrinks buildings. Sorry Faba, but you are not Hank Pym. But seriously I thought this ep was okay. I didn't get why the others morphed just for the shrinking incident, but whatever. Love how they used Dedenne like Bonnie's. The ending got me thinking "Congrats Togedemaru, you've just been promoted to Super-Mega-Ultra-Totem Pokemon!" :p

Last edited:
Sauboh, Capsule Corp is gonna sue you!
I think Sauboh was way too excited about putting Lilie and Satoshi into pokéballs...
There is some nice continuity stuff about Satoshi remembering Dedenne, electric type pokemon's electro-communication from XY, evil Persian and its owner's return, etc.
Lilie is apparently strong enough to carry her own weight with just one arm...
That Persian craves for human flesh!
Apparently Amajo is a really good battler now, being a waitress makes you stronger, I guess?
I'm not sure how Pikachu do that.

@KenzeyEevee
That is why. They will never learn. Also, my speculation plot twist:

If Guzma finally making the entry. I presumably, he will go after Lana's Popplio. Which the little sea lion puppy original owner could be his.
THAT . . . Actually would be a well thought out and totally unexpected plot twist. No seriously, I would be down for a debut like this, if it's done right.

At this point I wonder how long it will take a fanfic writer to have Ash comment this isn't the first time he's shrunken down like that...but very few SM fanfics seem to exist.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom