• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

REVIEW: SM084: The Shape of Family, Bevenom's Feelings!

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
So, now we know Pikachu and Lycanroc's full current movesets, I think... Wait, Poipole's using Fury Attack? Nice! About time it got to show off a move!

So many callbacks in those paintings! Love it!

Man, that's a lot of Poipole. Well, no surprise there, given its game lore as its universe's starter Pokémon... Wait! Is that a Naganadel?! Holy heck, we got to see its debut way sooner than I expected! Cool!

As expected, Team Skull was there just for comic relief. I'd say Rapp was the best out of the three, while Tupp was easily the worst.

Ash actually uses Poipole in a battle for once! Double nice!

No surprise that Poipole knows Ultra Necrozma. They're from the same dimension, after all.

Singaporean

Reaction score
Sad episode and major flashback of finally seeing Naganadel. Where the memory of Poipole suffered from the wrath of the Ultra Necrozma. That is where episode 87 going to kick in.

KenzeyEevee

Eevee, the one with a kind heart
Reaction score
So, now we know Pikachu and Lycanroc's full current movesets, I think... Wait, Poipole's using Fury Attack? Nice! About time it got to show off a move!

So many callbacks in those paintings! Love it!

Man, that's a lot of Poipole. Well, no surprise there, given its game lore as its universe's starter Pokémon... Wait! Is that a Naganadel?! Holy heck, we got to see its debut way sooner than I expected! Cool!

As expected, Team Skull was there just for comic relief. I'd say Rapp was the best out of the three, while Tupp was easily the worst.

Ash actually uses Poipole in a battle for once! Double nice!

No surprise that Poipole knows Ultra Necrozma. They're from the same dimension, after all.
Which callback with the paintings? And sounds cool

BraixenFennekin

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
well, this episode is kinda awesome and sadness for poipole because of mina and ribombee. I was wondering that Poipole releasing, but it's not going to happen, and he learned fury attack and also, he drew tears. Also, it marked the debut of Naganadel "The Queen of Ultra Megalopolis". And at the end, Poipole drew Ultra Necrozma, before the SM087 episode when Poipole evolves into Naganadel.

BraixenFennekin

Braixen! Use Flamethrower on Team Rocket!
Reaction score
Sad episode since Serena's Braixen (Tairenar) broke the branch thanks to Pancham (Yancham) and at the end, she learned Fire Blast with her new branch hanks to Gallade

BigDocFan

Reaction score
Loved the fact that Mina's painting referred to previous episode, felt sad for Poipole though good to see it using a move, if only it wasn't Fury Attack

KenzeyEevee

Reaction score
well, this episode is kinda awesome and sadness for poipole because of mina and ribombee. I was wondering that Poipole releasing, but it's not going to happen, and he learned fury attack and also, he drew tears. Also, it marked the debut of Naganadel "The Queen of Ultra Megalopolis". And at the end, Poipole drew Ultra Necrozma, before the SM087 episode when Poipole evolves into Naganadel.
Will it evolve then already?

Singaporean

Reaction score
Which callback with the paintings? And sounds cool
@KenzeyEevee
Very foreshadowing, which Necrozma came into the picture in 23rd. Just can't wait!

Especially, when Rotom freaking out reaction once again for seeing Necrozma transform back into it true form as the "Blinding One" all along after absorbed Lunala completely and stolen all the lights from Alola.

Edit: Also, does Mina = Valerie 2.0, perhaps?

Last edited:

KenzeyEevee

Reaction score
@KenzeyEevee
Very foreshadowing, which Necrozma came into the picture in 23rd. Just can't wait!

Especially, when Rotom freaking out reaaction once again for seeing Necrozma transform back into it true form as the "Blinding One" all along after absorbed Lunala completely and stolen all the lights from Alola.

Edit: Also, does Mina = Valerie 2.0, perhaps?
Oh no please not

BigDocFan

Reaction score
I consider Fury Attack to be a weak move, that's all

Golducky

Reaction score
Pretty cool episode. Wish I knew Japanese so I can understand more, but I think I got some of it. Did Poipole have candy for breakfast or something, it sure was hyper in the beginning. Mina was cool, loved her paintings. The Primarina one was my favorite. Seeing Mina's Ribombee standing on Poipole's head kept making me think: "Don't stand on the poison type pokemon's head!" Poipole clinging to Pikachu is making more sense, and that nightmare scene actually freaked me out. I hope Poipole evolves into a Naganadel itself. I felt bad for Poipole in the classroom scene. Team Skull played the role I expected, and I'm okay with it because we got an excuse to see Poipole battle! Finally! Although it would have been cool to see a flashier move than Fury attack, (like Venoshock) I'll take it. Nice foreshadowing with Necrozma at the end.

FinnishPokéFan92

An oceanic explorer.
Reaction score
The Primarina one was my favorite.
Mine, too. And seeing Popplio's admiring look and Rotom stating the fact that Popplio are capable of someday becoming Primarina makes me hope Lana's Popplio will evolve one day. At least it doesn't seem to have anything against the idea, unlike Pikachu and Piplup, for example.
I felt bad for Poipole in the classroom scene.
You were not alone. The poor little guy's gone through a lot, it seems...
Team Skull played the role I expected, and I'm okay with it because we got an excuse to see Poipole battle!
Exactly! About time, too!
Finally! Although it would have been cool to see a flashier move than Fury attack, (like Venoshock) I'll take it.
Me, too. What's important is that we saw a move.
Nice foreshadowing with Necrozma at the end.
Not to mention of the Necrozma theme. I was honestly expecting Ash to sound at least a bit more surprised, but instead he was just like, "Huh. That's weird..."

Last edited: