• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM084: The Shape of Family, Bevenom's Feelings!

Is seems more likely that Poipole will return to his Poipoles in the near future, possibly as a leader/protector figure. Also, is the Megalopolis Naganadel referred to as queen?

Sad episode since Serena's Braixen (Tairenar) broke the branch thanks to Pancham (Yancham) and at the end, she learned Fire Blast with her new branch hanks to Gallade

And also, does Poipole like Braixen 2.0, I think?

You, Miss/Sir, need a break from the Braixen crack! :p

This episode really just kind of reminded me how little I care about Poipole. It hasn't done literally anything of value since capture,and as such I had a hard time sympathizing with it here. I feel like I barely know it and it just reminds me of a slightly less annoying Chespin kind of character. For these past episode's it's just hung around outside of it's PokeBall occasionally causing a mess, and now all of a sudden they're trying to make it have some deep emotional...something. I wouldn't call it development since it really didn't change here. Honestly, this is one I'll need the dub for since I'm not even sure what the real goal of this episode was.

I will say however that I liked seeing Mina here and I especially liked how she had the Skull Grunts draw with her. That was quite amusing (especially since those drawings were pretty bad). Mina is one of my favorite Trial Captains and I hope we get to see more of here.

Also, (this is a pretty minor thing, but I thought about it when Ro-dex was talking to Mina) I have to say that I'm honestly surprised with how little people seem to be surprised by Rotom-dex. I mean, I get that they are known about in the region, but they're supposed to be really rare, yet no one ever gets so much as surprised when they see Ro-dex for the first time. He just talks to them like it's nothing and no one gives any sort of reaction. And maybe I'd understand this if we saw a couple of other Rotom Pokedexes around from time to time, but we don't so it just strikes me as a bit weird.

It's similar to how no one really reacts upon seeing Poipole. Mina and everyone else who's interacted with it thus far, treat it like any other Pokemon even though there's no way in hell that they've seen one before unless they've all been to Ultra Space. Lots of people in Unova were shook whenever they saw Pikachu for the first time, but no one in Alola makes any sort of remark about the purple floating alien Pokemon? o_O

Okay, slightly weird rant aside, all I can say is that I hope Poipole gets more focus in the future because as of yet, it still just feels...there for the most part. 5/10.

This episode really just kind of reminded me how little I care about Poipole. It hasn't done literally anything of value since capture,and as such I had a hard time sympathizing with it here. I feel like I barely know it and it just reminds me of a slightly less annoying Chespin kind of character. For these past episode's it's just hung around outside of it's PokeBall occasionally causing a mess, and now all of a sudden they're trying to make it have some deep emotional...something. I wouldn't call it development since it really didn't change here. Honestly, this is one I'll need the dub for since I'm not even sure what the real goal of this episode was.

I will say however that I liked seeing Mina here and I especially liked how she had the Skull Grunts draw with her. That was quite amusing (especially since those drawings were pretty bad). Mina is one of my favorite Trial Captains and I hope we get to see more of here.

Also, (this is a pretty minor thing, but I thought about it when Ro-dex was talking to Mina) I have to say that I'm honestly surprised with how little people seem to be surprised by Rotom-dex. I mean, I get that they are known about in the region, but they're supposed to be really rare, yet no one ever gets so much as surprised when they see Ro-dex for the first time. He just talks to them like it's nothing and no one gives any sort of reaction. And maybe I'd understand this if we saw a couple of other Rotom Pokedexes around from time to time, but we don't so it just strikes me as a bit weird.

It's similar to how no one really reacts upon seeing Poipole. Mina and everyone else who's interacted with it thus far, treat it like any other Pokemon even though there's no way in hell that they've seen one before unless they've all been to Ultra Space. Lots of people in Unova were shook whenever they saw Pikachu for the first time, but no one in Alola makes any sort of remark about the purple floating alien Pokemon? o_O

Okay, slightly weird rant aside, all I can say is that I hope Poipole gets more focus in the future because as of yet, it still just feels...there for the most part. 5/10.
Tbh I dont know how to feel about this episode. I mean Poipole has FINALY its backstory revealed, but much too late in my opinion. Again nothing really important happend in the first half of the episode, except Poipole random learned Furry Attack, a weak move. Took LONG enough! Seeing its homeworld was pretty cool, but it is suddenly he has a dream about its homeworld.

6/10 for this episode

If I had to complain about something, then I'd wish the episode came earlier because of how long Poipole's been hanging about without doing much.
I feel the same. It didnt had one focussed episode until this one, but it did appear in each episode since its catch.

Others before me have pretty much summed up my feelings on this episode, so rather than rehash I'll just echo what I said in the original episode discussion thread...

I'm really, REALLY hoping Mina isn't just going to be a CotD, as I feel like she has the potential to be a great returning character for the Poni Island arc, in a similar manner to Acerola in the Ula'ula Island arc.

But honestly, after watching this episode, I feel like it could go either way...

I'm not sure how to feel about this episode...:confused:

I'm like "Wow, they REALLY didn't plan Poipole's arc well at all, did they?". Giving it an attack and some depth is too little, too late after months of it being there doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but being cute. This may be even worse than Squishy (which is saying something unto itself)

I did, however, enjoy Mina, hope she comes back, and got a kick out of the Skull Trio.

Also...is anyone else curious about if they'll edit Poipole attacking Lycanroc's butt? o_O

I've got to say, the lip animation was top notch this time, it actually synced with what the characters were saying. Pretty weird since anime tend to not give an F about that.

Also, hints of Necrozma's theme played near the end. 10/10, I can't even imagine how good the full battle theme will sound if they use it.

Quality over quantity. Poipole may not have gotten a lot of focus, but the moments that we have gotten have been good in quality. Even some of the smaller moments sprinkled amongst the bigger ones have been good at building its character.

The same could be said about Meowth: most people don't seem surprised at all to see the talking cat. It's nothing new. I guess they've just come to accept that the world of Pokémon is a weird place and weird things happen all over the place all the time.

I suppose we could still see Guzma appear, since we haven't seen Golisopod in the anime yet. But now that w've already seen Team Skull in quite a few episodes, and the Necrozma arc is confirmed to be starting with SM087, I'm not exactly getting my hopes up at this point...

I just hope that if he does eventually appear, he screams "GUZMA!!! What is WRONG with you?!" after being defeated, just like in the games.

Another really nice one. I like backstory and foreshadowing, villains loving their Pokemon, Mokuroh battling and references to Ashimari's desire to evolve so I guess I was always gonna enjoy this episode 'huh?

What I find so weird/refreshing/annoying is that I haven't found a single unlikable character in Alola so far!! Bebenom's baby shtick is old news after its predecessors... but it is still unique and lovable in its own way. Matsurika's oohing and aahing was irritating... but I couldn't help but find her engaging the Skull grunts in an art-off endearing! Sauboh is a terrible man... but everyone's reaction to him is downright hilarious... What is the point of Bourgain?... to build an OTT statue of himself and narrate a funny episode preview for it, ok then! .etc .etc .etc.

I suppose we could still see Guzma appear, since we haven't seen Golisopod in the anime yet. But now that w've already seen Team Skull in quite a few episodes, and the Necrozma arc is confirmed to be starting with SM087, I'm not exactly getting my hopes up at this point...

I just hope that if he does eventually appear, he screams "GUZMA!!! What is WRONG with you?!" after being defeated, just like in the games.

They can save Guzma for the RR arc (Which i think is a given now, considering Necrozma is already gonna appear).

They can save Guzma for the RR arc (Which i think is a given now, considering Necrozma is already gonna appear).

"Already"? Necrozma and it having a connection to Poipole's backstory was first mentioned several episodes ago.

And if anything, Team Rocket's being the main antagonists in the upcoming Necrozma episodes probably means we WON'T be getting Rainbow Rocket.

"Already"? Necrozma and it having a connection to Poipole's backstory was first mentioned several episodes ago.

And if anything, Team Rocket's being the main antagonists in the upcoming Necrozma episodes probably means we WON'T be getting Rainbow Rocket.

According too a new episode summary, we are getting Rainbow Rocket.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom