• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM084: The Shape of Family, Bevenom's Feelings!

So, now we know Pikachu and Lycanroc's full current movesets, I think... Wait, Poipole's using Fury Attack? Nice! About time it got to show off a move!

So many callbacks in those paintings! Love it!

Man, that's a lot of Poipole. Well, no surprise there, given its game lore as its universe's starter Pokémon... Wait! Is that a Naganadel?! Holy heck, we got to see its debut way sooner than I expected! Cool!

As expected, Team Skull was there just for comic relief. I'd say Rapp was the best out of the three, while Tupp was easily the worst.

Ash actually uses Poipole in a battle for once! Double nice!

No surprise that Poipole knows Ultra Necrozma. They're from the same dimension, after all.

Sad episode and major flashback of finally seeing Naganadel. Where the memory of Poipole suffered from the wrath of the Ultra Necrozma. That is where episode 87 going to kick in.

So, now we know Pikachu and Lycanroc's full current movesets, I think... Wait, Poipole's using Fury Attack? Nice! About time it got to show off a move!

So many callbacks in those paintings! Love it!

Man, that's a lot of Poipole. Well, no surprise there, given its game lore as its universe's starter Pokémon... Wait! Is that a Naganadel?! Holy heck, we got to see its debut way sooner than I expected! Cool!

As expected, Team Skull was there just for comic relief. I'd say Rapp was the best out of the three, while Tupp was easily the worst.

Ash actually uses Poipole in a battle for once! Double nice!

No surprise that Poipole knows Ultra Necrozma. They're from the same dimension, after all.
Which callback with the paintings? And sounds cool

well, this episode is kinda awesome and sadness for poipole because of mina and ribombee. I was wondering that Poipole releasing, but it's not going to happen, and he learned fury attack and also, he drew tears. Also, it marked the debut of Naganadel "The Queen of Ultra Megalopolis". And at the end, Poipole drew Ultra Necrozma, before the SM087 episode when Poipole evolves into Naganadel.

Sad episode since Serena's Braixen (Tairenar) broke the branch thanks to Pancham (Yancham) and at the end, she learned Fire Blast with her new branch hanks to Gallade

well, this episode is kinda awesome and sadness for poipole because of mina and ribombee. I was wondering that Poipole releasing, but it's not going to happen, and he learned fury attack and also, he drew tears. Also, it marked the debut of Naganadel "The Queen of Ultra Megalopolis". And at the end, Poipole drew Ultra Necrozma, before the SM087 episode when Poipole evolves into Naganadel.
Will it evolve then already?

Which callback with the paintings? And sounds cool
@KenzeyEevee
Very foreshadowing, which Necrozma came into the picture in 23rd. Just can't wait!

Especially, when Rotom freaking out reaction once again for seeing Necrozma transform back into it true form as the "Blinding One" all along after absorbed Lunala completely and stolen all the lights from Alola.

Edit: Also, does Mina = Valerie 2.0, perhaps?

Last edited:
@KenzeyEevee
Very foreshadowing, which Necrozma came into the picture in 23rd. Just can't wait!

Especially, when Rotom freaking out reaaction once again for seeing Necrozma transform back into it true form as the "Blinding One" all along after absorbed Lunala completely and stolen all the lights from Alola.

Edit: Also, does Mina = Valerie 2.0, perhaps?
Oh no please not

Pretty cool episode. Wish I knew Japanese so I can understand more, but I think I got some of it. Did Poipole have candy for breakfast or something, it sure was hyper in the beginning. Mina was cool, loved her paintings. The Primarina one was my favorite. Seeing Mina's Ribombee standing on Poipole's head kept making me think: "Don't stand on the poison type pokemon's head!" Poipole clinging to Pikachu is making more sense, and that nightmare scene actually freaked me out. I hope Poipole evolves into a Naganadel itself. I felt bad for Poipole in the classroom scene. Team Skull played the role I expected, and I'm okay with it because we got an excuse to see Poipole battle! Finally! Although it would have been cool to see a flashier move than Fury attack, (like Venoshock) I'll take it. Nice foreshadowing with Necrozma at the end.

The Primarina one was my favorite.
Mine, too. And seeing Popplio's admiring look and Rotom stating the fact that Popplio are capable of someday becoming Primarina makes me hope Lana's Popplio will evolve one day. At least it doesn't seem to have anything against the idea, unlike Pikachu and Piplup, for example.
I felt bad for Poipole in the classroom scene.
You were not alone. The poor little guy's gone through a lot, it seems...
Team Skull played the role I expected, and I'm okay with it because we got an excuse to see Poipole battle!
Exactly! About time, too!
Finally! Although it would have been cool to see a flashier move than Fury attack, (like Venoshock) I'll take it.
Me, too. What's important is that we saw a move.
Nice foreshadowing with Necrozma at the end.
Not to mention of the Necrozma theme. I was honestly expecting Ash to sound at least a bit more surprised, but instead he was just like, "Huh. That's weird..."

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom