• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM085: Leap and Climb, Tundetunde!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
SM085 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Airs August 9th. Credit for summary translation and staff list goes to Dephender:
An object that resembles a giant vaulting horse has appeared on the sports ground at the Pokémon School. Satoshi thinks it's something Professor Kukui has prepared for class, and immediately tries to leap onto it. But just then, the Ultra Guardians receive orders to immediately dispatch!
Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 尼野浩正 (Hiromasa Amano)
Episode Director 牧野吉高 (Yoshitaka Makino)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)

Stakataka as a vaulting horse? Weird choice.
vaulting-horse-500x500.jpeg
805Stakataka.png
Not that farfetched and considering the characters in the show have no clue what a Stakataka is, it's not strange it resembles a vaulting horse to them. We'd probably compare an unknown lifeform to an object we know if we came across one too.

I wondering, if this episode going to be like the one from episode 78?

Oh yeah, an Ultra Beast at the backyard of the Ultra Guardian base. It might be very dangerous, you know for seeing a multi-blocks walking around with their eyes pop out. It will be freak out.

Now the PokeRangers put their jenga playing skills to the test!
Not again. They should be a danger, not something to laugh with. But again it is SM. I lose connection to the SM series. And there are a lot of people who are negative about SM

Last edited:
Ok, now I'm genuinely curious. Why are they holding back on Pheromosa and Kartana? I understand why we haven't seen Guzzlord yet since it was the final target in Looker's UB sidequest (if there was ever a time for Poipole to evolve then I wouldn't mind if it happened in a Guzzlord fight) but what have the other two been doing? I'd have thought they'd be before Blacephalon and Xurkitree.

Anyway, Stakataka... I expect some sort of personality. We got as much out of Buzzwole, Xurkitree, and Blacephalon already.

Ok, now I'm genuinely curious. Why are they holding back on Pheromosa and Kartana? I understand why we haven't seen Guzzlord yet since it was the final target in Looker's UB sidequest (if there was ever a time for Poipole to evolve then I wouldn't mind if it happened in a Guzzlord fight) but what have the other two been doing? I'd have thought they'd be before Blacephalon and Xurkitree.
@Gengarzilla
We shall see in this September. Like what they did with Misty & Brock last year. But the chance of that happening is very very silm.

Anyway, Stakataka... I expect some sort of personality. We got as much out of Buzzwole, Xurkitree, and Blacephalon already.
Kartana is a bit special among the ultra beast with only Poipole sharing this trait, confirmed partnership with humans. Pheromosa like wise is an Ultra Beast with the least damaging reports, both have a high catch rate among the UB's and would be something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom