• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM085: Leap and Climb, Tundetunde!

Humour and exciting episode. Love to see Bourgain getting beaten every time is such a joy to me.

well, this episode was good, but the first part, ash and classmates tried to catch Tundetunde (Stakataka) but not worked, but in second part, Stakataka's blue glow turned into angry state (red glow), by the end of episode, ash (satoshi) caught the ultra beast and sent back home (UG hole).

I liked the gymnastic lesson. Kiawe's jump was great, but Lana surpassed it like a boss. My points go for her.

Poor Ash. His jumps get ruined by stupid coincidences that honestly should be held responsible of those fails instead of him.

Ah, the self-centered man Viren (that's his dub name, BTW) is back and planning to build a tower roughly a third the size of his ego. I love how Ash stopped trying to scrub away Poipole's painting immediately when he saw whose wall it was.

tenor.gif

"Put that thing down this second and get back to work, or you're fired!"

And of course, while everybody is still just gawking in awe at their new "mount", Lana is already doing warmups. I'm loving this girl more and more as the time goes on!

Kiawe: "... ... ... THEY WERE LOOKING INTO MY SOUL!! THEY WERE LOOKING INTO MY SOUL!!!"

Ah, so Tsareena was just stomping on Kiawe's head to calm him down. Although she seemed to enjoy doing it a bit too much...

Lusamine: "Ultra Guardians! A new Ultra Beast has appeared!"
UG: "Got it! Where is it?"
Lusamine: "Right outside the school. You know, where you just were a minute ago."
UG: "..." (insert a "Suburban Knights" reference here)

Stakataka must a pro in playing Jenga...

Oh, hey. It's the Scyther from the baseball episode for a one second gag in relation to Kiawe's ball throw. Aaaand it's gone.

So, they basically spent an entire school day throwing balls at a brick wall and failing to hit it once?

I love how Kiawe's getting mad from just hearing that man's name.

So, the Ultra Guardians can just casually introduce themselves to commoners now? Okay, I admit, I shouldn't be that surprised.

The class reacted to the statue just as I'd have expected them to.

Kiawe used High Jump Kick!
It's super effective!
Viren fainted!
Kiawe gained 9001 Satisfaction Points!

Togedemaru being sent out of her Poké Ball? Now that's something you don't see every day...

Viren got what was coming to him. 'Nuff said.

Ah, so the good old "Could you just let me catch you?" tactic works on Ultra Beasts too? Should've seen this one coming.

Aww, Ash again? Let Mallow, Kiawe, and Sophocles do it, too!

And of course, one more explosion gag to end the episode off. Is it just me, or has Turtonator become a running gag by this point?

Last edited:
Okay so I'll just talk about the stuff I like since this one was the usual UG episode. First, the P.E. scene was pretty funny. I not surprised Kiawe and Lana did good. Kiawe's passion continues to burn brightly and I love every minute of it. Lana is more nimble than she looks. I really prefer Lillie's ponytail over her usual hairstyle the more I see it. Ash maybe a little out of practice with his athleticism. Poipole's drawing of Viren is way better than that statue if you ask me.

Scyther was fun to see as completely random as it was. Stakataka may not be my absolute favorite UB, but I do like its concept. "Now time to suit-up and prepare for the toughest capture ever!" Having accepted this saga for what it is, I must say that even though it clearly wasn't a serious battle when the gang was attempting to catch it initially, the fact that Stakataka kicked everyone's butts without hardly moving was actually funny to me in a weird way. I know this might be an unpopular opinion.

Seeing all the eyes inside Stakataka was the coolest part about it for me, made it seem more alive. First Ash tackled Faba now Kiawe's kicking Viren? Yes, please! Shame about your waste of precious gold, but look on the bright side Viren, maybe if you grow a heart you can melt that statue down into something useful and less hideous looking. Yeah, I like this episode for it's humor so I'll just take it.

I'm still amazed I haven't seen fics where Ash keeps Buzzwole and Stakataka for his own use.

Why I have the feeling they want to mock Trump in this episode? It us kinda funny if you think about it. Anotherwise it was a boring episode, with too much slapstick. I mean I can take some slapstick, but this went a bit too far. Was there an UB entry from Rotom? And the reused animation, yeah, like each series. But it is the first time I really notice it

Did we? I not really. I didnt like her or didnt hate her. Bourgain isnt that bad, just want to be rich
To me, J was thoroughly annoying and deserving of every possible bit of hate (she honestly deserved to die), while Bourgain/Viren is a comedic bad guy who's to be hated but is also an epic failure with karma constantly biting him in the behind, which provides huge satisfaction.

To me, J was thoroughly annoying and deserving of every possible bit of hate (she honestly deserved to die), while Bourgain/Viren is a comedic bad guy who's to be hated but is also an epic failure with karma constantly biting him in the behind, which provides huge satisfaction.
Yeah haha I agree

Ha ha. I guess it is funner to "love to hate" a character than to just hate them. That how I feel about Paul. I enjoy hating his guts, I don't know what it is I just do, and this coming from someone who used to just plain hate him.

I personally loved Hunter J for the fact that she was the first real malicious villain we had gotten. She was a cold hearted villain who didn’t care if you were a child, you get in her way and she will deal with you permanently. It was an interesting shift for the anime, especially since she was a recurring villain and in the end got what she deserved.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom