• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM086: I Choose Here! Pokémon Hot Spring Paradise!!

Solid episode, despite Team Rocket. No real complaints outside of Team Rocket. Would have been a perfect filler . . . if not for Team Rocket. Don't get me wrong certain episodes make Team Rocket a treat to have onscreen, but other episodes like this one it felt like they could have been left out and the episode would have been better because of it. For me it feels like an 8.5/10. Great at what it does, but really unnecessary to get Team Rocket in this for the sake of status quo.

To be frankly honest, that ending kinda shows off why I don't like Bewear that much. If it wants the best for Team Rocket, then why does it keep doing stuff to them they don't like?

Also, no connection to the Necrozma arc at the end. Okay, whatever...
Strange dont you think? I feel meh about this episode. 6/10

Observations from the episode (yes, the episode I'm home to watch live is the 'chilling out at the hot springs' episode):

- Team Rocket were absolute freakin' idiots in this episode. I'm willing to forgive them a lot, but even I can't understand why they acted as they did. Here's a breakdown: they manage to successfully capture everyone's Pokemon pretty early on. Rather than make a clean getaway, as Satoshi and pals don't notice their friends are missing until Team Rocket reveals themselves, they instead decide to hold on for the Ride Pokemon... which they proceed to do by spending the next several hours helping the gang pamper and care for them (when they had the chance to capture them one-by-one). When Team Rocket do finally show themselves, they do it when all the Ride Pokemon are together and given how relaxed they're feeling thanks to TR they easily free the trapped Pokemon and send the four (Hidoide spends the whole episode outside her ball, which I appreciate) away with Kiteruguma. This is the most blatant case of Team Rocket self sabotaging themselves. I appreciate the Rides are a draw but given they'd already caught everyone else without anyone noticing I can't imagine why they didn't just make a getaway (especially since most days they're willing to settle for just Pikachu).

- Ground types don't mind water in this episode, as Gablias and Flygon can't get enough of it. You can't even make the argument its only hot-spring water they like, as they swim in a regular pool too.

- Speaking of, the animation of the two dragons underwater from an above view looked excellent.

- Tyltalis with wet wings is not a pretty sight.

- There's a really weird part of this episode where Tyltalis seems to look at Lilie's chest (complete with close-up) before pushing her in the pool. I can imagine this being cut in the dub.

- Ground types don't mind water in this episode, as Gablias and Flygon can't get enough of it. You can't even make the argument its only hot-spring water they like, as they swim in a regular pool too.
They're part Dragon types too, and Dragon resists water. They should be perfectly fine, as we can see.

Oshawott made the first appearance, since the best wishes series, since Ash caught earlier this series back on BW003.
And that episode was good, but team rocket stole their Pokémon without knowing.

Oshawott made the first appearance, since the best wishes series, since Ash caught earlier this series back on BW003.
Untrue. There was a Decolore Islands episode with multiple Oshawott.
And don't forget a Golduck, it also appeared in this episode.
So what? Neither of these appearances are anyway special. Just regular background 'mons.

And that episode was good, but team rocket stole their Pokémon without knowing.
I'm pretty sure an Oshawott appeared in a Poké Problem during one of the Kanto field trip episodes if that counts.

To be frankly honest, that ending kinda shows off why I don't like Bewear that much. If it wants the best for Team Rocket, then why does it keep doing stuff to them they don't like?
I have to agree.

Okay, so I liked this episode. It made me feel relaxed which is something I need because I can get stressed very easily. Aside from Bewear being annoying in the end, I found this to be a fun episode, not too much happens, but I'm glad there was some action. I do appreciate them putting the ride pokemon in the spotlight. I love that Oranguru returned and that they once again show how intelligent the species is. I liked the TRio in this episode though I really think they are better off enjoying themselves instead of constantly trying to capture pokemon. Why the fire and ground types are not that bothered by the water, don't know, not even gonna bother questioning it. No foreshadowing for the next episode, but whatever. Overall good filler.

Why the fire and ground types are not that bothered by the water, don't know, not even gonna bother questioning it.
Most of them were fine with just not making direct contact with it, with Lycanroc having even been shown to be perfectly okay with getting wet, and Charizard was fine with just keeping its tail flame out of the water.

I'm curious to know what people would have wanted the show to do with the extra screentime if the Rocket trio hadn't been in the episode...? I mean, without them to be around to give us conflict then what the hell would this episode have even been? Just a half hour of pokemon splashing around in a pool? I honestly can't understand why anyone would want to sit through that.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom