• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • ME finally got off his butt and has started his own LP of Platinum version. Watch the chaos unfold here.

REVIEW: SM086: I Choose Here! Pokémon Hot Spring Paradise!!

怪しいことも何一つない。
Reaction score
I know I'm biased and all, but do you guys really think this episode would have been better off without the TRio? Have you all gone mad?!

The TRio gave us:
- Another Hidoide/Sonansu "human" disguise
- Sonansu + oil
- Kojirou going all ikemen before massaging the life out of Liazardon
- THIS:

Anyway, is it me or was this episode particularly well drawn/animated? The Flygon/Gaburias race was amazing, as was Tyltalis deflated (for different reasons, obvs).

My only major complaint is that there seemed to be a couple of really inappropriately framed shots of the girls. I know this isn't anything new, but it really makes me cringe. I know they're not "real" kids, but they are still supposed to be children, and it gives me the heebie-jeebies that they slip stuff like this in for grown-ass fans to fixate over.

Dragon Master
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this episode. I was hoping Ash, Lana or Kiawe were gonna use a Z-move with one of their Rides. And Lusamine should let them keep the Ride Pokemon. I mean, Flygon and Mallow fit so good, Soph and Metang were good, Lana and Dragonair are a good match, Lillie and Altaria seemed to have a strong bond, like it was her own Poke, and Ash with Garchomp rocks. The animation was pretty great as well.

Also, when Altaria got out of water was just idk...lol SM lol!

Reaction score
This was a decent episode, I don’t mind Team Rocket.

I’m so glad we got personality and focus for the ride Pokemon.

Did anyone notice now Marowack was carrying Charjabug, he did that back in the sleepover episode. They also went down the slide together. Are these two secret best friends?

Always happy to help
Reaction score
Its getting to see Pokemon play and relax like they did in this episode that brings out their personalities which I like

Reaction score
So this episode is just as I had expected...

a mediocre run of the mill episode before the next arc kicks in.

Honestly I can’t really say much for this ep at all really.

It’s just kind of... there.

Yeah, I've seen that one shot of Lillie on the ground with mud all over her reposted a bunch of times on Twitter already and it's just so fucking gross.
Yes, I agree that we reaaalllyyyy did not need to see that at all.

That... felt desperate.

Reaction score
Such a great and relax episode. That is one major thing, that the trio are really dumb to revealed themselves. Before, catching only just Ash and his classmate Pokémon rather than all in one sweep.

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
Meh, too many liquids fir my taste.
Shame there is no cliffhanger at the end.

Right! There doesnt seem a connection or build-up except SM84 and 74. That is it. Kind sad
So from what i'm reading this ep is filler. Well i'm skipping it.
Will you watch the episode next week? What is wrong with a filler?

Pyro Kicker
Reaction score
Well before there where gym battles to lighten the load and they're my favorite part before SM. But here theres nothing.
Well, there are trials. But I don't suppose those fill enough time for you?

This series is different in that regard that Ash isn't always moving ahead towards the next challenge. And I take you're not really a fan of that.

You will only shine if you are yourself!
Reaction score
Well, there are trials. But I don't suppose those fill enough time for you?

This series is different in that regard that Ash isn't always moving ahead towards the next challenge. And I take you're not really a fan of that.
I dont like that either, because Ash didnt have "a real challenge" in his trials