• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM086: I Choose Here! Pokémon Hot Spring Paradise!!

Can you tell why?
I guess the best way I can show it is with SM079 I didn't feel anything for Minior's death because I barley know anything about it. Or with Stoutland's death its like oh he's old and Litten taking care of him and I know Ash is going to catch him all I was thinking was "When is the Stoutland going to die?".

- Ground types don't mind water in this episode, as Gablias and Flygon can't get enough of it. You can't even make the argument its only hot-spring water they like, as they swim in a regular pool too.
Makes sense, as I imagine water produced by a water-type is probably different than natural water

There's a few times we see people gathering regular water despite having a water-type at hand, so why not just use them instead of hiking to and from the river?

This episode reminded me how much I miss the Pikachu shorts.

The cute and fun interactions with Tsareena, Torracat, Turtonator, etc. were all nice and small moments that made me think of the very first Pikachu short and the charm it had. Alas, we're most likely not getting a single one for this series. :cry:

Also loved seeing Mareanie out of her Pokeball yet again. She's so criminally underused it hurts.

The climax of the episode was otherwise predictable and somewhat boring, though the combined attacks of the Ultra Pokemon was nicely animated.

Too bad the Ultra Guardians are just going to end up act more or less like the same robots in the past UG episodes without any actual personality most likely by next episode.

FINAL SCORE:
7/10

This was a cute relaxing episode. There were a lot of funny moments like Altaria's soggy wings, Altaria dragging Lillie in the water, Oranguru's cameo (though I question how a Pokemon can even be there trainerless, but whatever o_O), etc. I love how they brought the ride Pokemon to relax in the first place. I honestly always felt bad for them in that all they did was sit around and do nothing until an Ultra Guardian plot came up. I was nice for them to get some focus and relaxation time; Charizard was epecially cute. :X3:

TR ruined the episode as usual. Not only did they stupidly hold a bunch of successfully captured Pokemon only to pathetically lose them at the end, but as a whole they just didn't do anything interesting. I would have preferred this just be a nice relaxing episode for the gang with no pointless TR plot.

Aside for that flaw however, I enjoyed this episode. 7/10.

Honetly, I would've preferred if the entire episode's focus was on the rivalry between Garchomp and Flygon. It certainly would've been better than the face-palming actions of TR here. What really gets me though, is the scene with Metang and Sludge Bomb, because it's not like Steel-types are immune agains Poison moves or anything; no Steel-types just happen to always a coat on oil them, that's why moves like Sludge Bomb just slip right off them.

Does anyone have screenshots of the scene in question? I don’t have any platform to watch the episode currently.
156.jpg

157.jpg
Don't forget that each episode article on Bulbapedia has a link to a page with screenshots from said episode.

So does Torracat and Turtonator have a crush on Tsareena or did I totally misinterpret that scene? Imagine if Piplup, Oshawott and Chespin met her. There would be chaos.
The gaze scene is suggestive, but their faces suggest that they're only interested in sunbathing, not her body. There is many suggestive scenes like that in this episode, focusing on female bodies.

The gaze scene is suggestive, but their faces suggest that they're only interested in sunbathing, not her body. There is many suggestive scenes like that in this episode, focusing on female bodies.
I don't know, when they make a shot that focuses specifically on Tsareena, with dazzling visuals and sound effects around her while Torracat and Turtonator stare, that usually means something. :rolleyes:

I don't know, when they make a shot that focuses specifically on Tsareena, with dazzling visuals and sound effects around her while Torracat and Turtonator stare, that usually means something. :rolleyes:
I already said what I think.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom