• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM087: A Crisis in Alola! The Darkness that Devours Radiance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the mural:

0fJOSk0.jpg

There's a guy who looks like Ash, a Midday Lycanroc (Ash has Dusk, but close enough), an Alolan Vulpix (which Lillie has), and an Alolan Marowak (which Kiawe has).

Does that mean that Ash, Lillie, and Kiawe are the "chosen ones"?

Last edited:
So, the mural:

dz7Anro.png

There's a guy who looks like Ash, a Midday Lycanroc (Ash has Dusk, but close enough), an Alolan Vulpix (which Lillie has), and an Alolan Marowak (which Kiawe has).

Does that mean that Ash, Lillie, and Kiawe are the "chosen ones"?
An interesting observation. Could very well be. The plot thickens...

And who knows, maybe the other three will be included in there somehow...?

The adults being tired because of Necrozma's energy is possibly the best excuse the anime has pulled for kids saving the world, or maybe the first one?

The fun tone of the preview is jarring, but I'm sure it's only for this episode.

I like that there are a good number of characters participating, specially Gladion. Making him an Ultra Guardian is a fantastic idea, I'm surprised nobody suggested it until this week. He rocks that black outfit and it's a nice reference to Sixth Rangers.

I hope they make it clear whether Solgaleo is Nebby or its father, leaving it ambiguous would be jarring and would lead to and endless debate here.

Everything looks promising, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

She gave Sakaki some coffee.
I hope she battles! With that Aloloan Meowth. I can know already see Jessies face when she sees her
The adults being tired because of Necrozma's energy is possibly the best excuse the anime has pulled for kids saving the world, or maybe the first one?

The fun tone of the preview is jarring, but I'm sure it's only for this episode.

I like that there are a good number of characters participating, specially Gladion. Making him an Ultra Guardian is a fantastic idea, I'm surprised nobody suggested it until this week. He rocks that black outfit and it's a nice reference to Sixth Rangers.

I hope they make it clear whether Solgaleo is Nebby or its father, leaving it ambiguous would be jarring and would lead to and endless debate here.

Everything looks promising, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.
I pray that it dont dissapoint.

She gave Sakaki some coffee.
@martianmister
And also include looking down on the Trio for being clown from Diamond & series ever since then.

Did anyone noticed that when Necrozma awakens, it breaks the surface of Ultra Deep Sea?
@LunarHero
I don't think that is Ultra Deep Sea. Perhaps is another location, which Ultra Space got a lot of different world. My guesses, It will be Poipole world, Ultra Megalopolis like in the base game theory.

Guzma is still going to show up at some point. No evil team has ever appeared without their leader.

And Rainbow Rocket is post-game; the anime never touches post-game stuff (without the exception of Battle Frontier because they needed filler until Gen 4). Besides, Giovanni is going to be the antagonist of the Necrozma arc, as shown by his interest in it.
The entire Ultra Guardians thing is based on the Sun/Moon post game where you run around Alola catching the Ultra Beasts with Looker and Anabel. Plus considering how little the island challenge gave them to work with and their horrible handling of what it did give them they have to milk every gen 7 game for any bit of content they can use in the anime.
And the worst one at that because shes not even evil.
She was evil in Sun and Moon. She froze Pokémon alive to preserve their beauty. That counts as evil.
That was turning regular content into post-league arcs rather than adapting actual post-game content.

With Giovanni still being free, there is no reason for his AU counterpart to show up. And considering that he wanted the other leaders gone, it would be odd if he suddenly cooperated with them or other versions.
Maybe it won't be his AU counterpart. Maybe during the whole thing with Necrozma he gets sent through an ultra wormhole and in the process of making his way back to his home world he collects the AU versions of the other evil team leaders and creates Team Rainbow Rocket in an attempt to conquer the world when he finally makes it back.

Has Joy-san been arrested on her way back from a night out?
tumblr_pdjv8cTFFm1s3at53o8_1280.jpg
I'd ship it.
Ultra Recon Squad
Team Rainbow Rocket
Alolan League

There's still so much more to do in Alola
Team Skull too if they create an anime original story arc for them similar to how they gave Team Flare an anime original story arc focused on Zygarde rather than adapting their actual game story arc focused on Xerneas/Yveltal.

Ultra Recon Squad
Team Rainbow Rocket
Alolan League

There's still so much more to do in Alola

Also: The remaining Ultra Beasts, Poni-Poni Island arc and maybe Team Skull (though that's really doubtful. Heck, keep it up and they'll be the first villain team NOT in an opening :() . The problem there is that TS was tied into Aether plotline in the games, and since the TV Show messed up the Aether story...:cautious:

Plus, I'll bet even money we get stuff for Let's Go promotion. ;)

Also: The remaining Ultra Beasts, Poni-Poni Island arc and maybe Team Skull (though that's really doubtful. Heck, keep it up and they'll be the first villain team NOT in an opening :() . The problem there is that TS was tied into Aether plotline in the games, and since the TV Show messed up the Aether story...:cautious:

@SammyW27
Team Skull leaders will definitely going to make the entry. But is not right now as from the start of this late month to September or October could be the Arc. That might end the climatic of Poipole saying goodbye to Ash and the others. Before, the remaining character appears as we still haven't see Dartrix and Vikavolt in Anime yet.

As for the Ultra Recon Squad will be out of the question as in episode 89 summary preview. Where Ash and the other including Gladion will travelled there through wormhole to Poipole world, Ultra Megalopolis instead like a futuristic city in the game, the writer will probably going to give us a wasteland as already seen in the opening segment is nothing only desert that shrouded in darkness.

Absolute worse case scenario they could have him go back and challenge the Sinnoh Battle Frontier but, that would be incredibly hard and weird to justify doing.

Or they could do another anime only region.

Last edited:
I wonder if sleepy Samson's scene will be the last time we get to hear Unsho Ishizuka...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom