• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM087: A Crisis in Alola! The Darkness that Devours Radiance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matori, along with the new purple R logo and over-recycled motto animations, is one of the last lingering elements of the BW trio, so I'm excited to see if she is given any sort of depth.
Technically she was introduced at the end of the DP series, but she was more prominent in the BW series, so yeah, I admit you're right.

I honestly always forget she was in the last episode of DP lmao
But yeah she's basically a BW character, going by that logic Satoshi's Hoenn and Kalos outfits are really his OS and BW outfits since they debuted in those respective series.

They're 25, so technically they should be effected

I'm assuming you're talking about that one line from M02 which is exactly what I mean-- the whole debate is whether that line should be taken literally/was a figure of speech/is even canon. Regardless of that line a lot of people see Musashi and Kojiro as teenagers; seeing if they are affected in this episode will either help support or invalidate that claim.

I get BW vibes from it: TR instead of the "main villan". I am just dissapointed that there isnt much build-up to this arc. I hope there will be a good plot (and good voice acting!) where each UG has her or his task or role. I hope Mallow,Lana and Soph and Kiawe dont get separated from the other again like the AF arc. That the focus is not only Lillie,Ash and Gladion.

Maybe it won't be his AU counterpart. Maybe during the whole thing with Necrozma he gets sent through an ultra wormhole and in the process of making his way back to his home world he collects the AU versions of the other evil team leaders and creates Team Rainbow Rocket in an attempt to conquer the world when he finally makes it back.
Now that would be super cool.
I'm assuming you're talking about that one line from M02 which is exactly what I mean-- the whole debate is whether that line should be taken literally/was a figure of speech/is even canon. Regardless of that line a lot of people see Musashi and Kojiro as teenagers; seeing if they are affected in this episode will either help support or invalidate that claim.
I think the main evidence for them being in their mid-twenties is the timeline as per the Birth of Mewtwo CD drama. Musashi was a young child 20 years prior and, as per her mother, at the start of the story she is "almost a hag"!

Now that would be super cool.

I think the main evidence for them being in their mid-twenties is the timeline as per the Birth of Mewtwo CD drama. Musashi was a young child 20 years prior and, as per her mother, at the start of the story she is "almost a hag"!
@ii kanji
And just like Ash with his mom, Professor Oak and many more will remain forever never aged.

I know it be a bit sudden, but what if Matori returned with that Alolan Meowth for Team Rocket's big mission? :p
Condidering she got it for herself, that has to be the case. But apparently they forgot about him.

While the expression 十年速い (juunen hayai "10 years too early") is used as a figure of speech meaning "way too early", Kojiro's "五年遅い" (gonen osoi "5 years too late") isn't. He treated Musashi's line literally and that was the joke of the scene. Therefore yes, this scene should be counted as proof they're 25. It's counted as such by the Japanese fandom as well. Then there's The Birth of Mewtwo CD Drama proof. Also, let's remember they've been pictured many times drinking alcohol and drinking age in Japan is 20. I know they're villains, but I seriously doubt they'd promote underage drinking on Pokemon. They need to be in their 20s. They referred to themselves as adults many times too.

Therefore I think they should be affected by Necrozma too, unless they have some magical cure for it? ^^;

Btw, I'm happy to finally see Mattori in action.

Last edited:
Ah, I had heard of some people who speak Japanese saying not to take that literally! But yeah I personally see them as young adults in their early twenties, so it'll be interesting to see how they are affected.

I'd say their height confirms them as adults too, the anime is pretty consistent in drawing teenagers shorter than adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom