• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM088: Lunala VS UB:BLACK! A Full Moon Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall reading that they had recorded episodes planned to air up through October, so his voice should pop up in a handful more episodes after this one.
Which is weird, considering they didn't list him in last two episodes' cast list and the narrator is voiced by someone else in the previous episode.

Fair nuff, but that preview doesn't have sound. I'm not subscribed to TVTokyo either but I just remind myself to go to their YouTube as soon as the episode has aired, they usually upload it about 5 to 10 minutes after.

What the...? *checks* Dangit all! Should've checked first. I feel so stupid right now...
I changed it now.

Its Nebby. Ash hugs Solgaleo.
@KenzeyEevee
And then, it will sacrifice itself and get absorbed by Necrozma and allowing the climatic transformation begins in Ultra Megalopolis. Then it will be it mate, Lunala to save the day, letting Ash and the other including Gladion for the ride after performing the Z-Move (Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom) to open the Ultra Wormhole to travel there. Before, that can happens. A very possibility heartbreaking scene might occurred such as Lillie shout "HOSSSHHHIIIIGGGUUUMMMMMMOOOO", before the blinding one gone back into Ultra Space at the conclusion of the episode.

@KenzeyEevee
And then, it will sacrifice itself and get absorbed by Necrozma and allowing the climatic transformation begins in Ultra Megalopolis. Then it will be it mate, Lunala to save the day, letting Ash and the other including Gladion for the ride after performing the Z-Move (Menacing Moonraze Maelstrom) to open the Ultra Wormhole to travel there. Before, that can happens. A very possibility heartbreaking scene might occurred such as Lillie shout "HOSSSHHHIIIIGGGUUUMMMMMMOOOO", before the blinding one gone back into Ultra Space at the conclusion of the episode.
Yes maybe. You have a bright fantasy I must say

Yes maybe. You have a bright fantasy I must say
@KenzeyEevee
Nebby role is already well deserved in Aether Arc. Now, it will be Lunala turn to shine just to change thing a little bit as the Co-Co Magazine already revealed and that is very much stated the whole arc. Also, Ultra Recon Squad might not appears as if it does, It should be showed at the Co-Co as well. Unfortunately, they didn't. Also, did the beginning of the episode could might be Ultra Megalopolis? If it is that is also justified Necrozma had the destroyed the city and turn into a complete wasteland for the vengeance of it wrath for the people that done to him.

I am going to be so freaking disappointed if it turns out that Matori's entire plan to get Necrozma amounts to "Let's just try dropping a net on it".
Remember that time they set up Team Rocket's plot for 13 episodes and all it took was one Electro Ball to their helicopter to beat them? I hope the writers remember.

I am going to be so freaking disappointed if it turns out that Matori's entire plan to get Necrozma amounts to "Let's just try dropping a net on it".

The fact the "special force" is just her, Eyepatch Guy, and some grunts should tell you something.

Ugh, I knew it was too good to be true -_-

The fact Coro-Coro didn't make a big deal about this arc should've been a tip-off...

Last edited:
From previews I've seen a bunch of grunts are in this episode. I've been ignoring SM so far, if this episode turns out good or in the case something huge happens here, I might try to watch it.

Remember that time they set up Team Rocket's plot for 13 episodes and all it took was one Electro Ball to their helicopter to beat them? I hope the writers remember.

The Rockets in BW always gave up too easily indeed in those two-parters xD After the chopper crane gets destroyed, "It's all over. We lost. Let's retreat." xDDDDDDD

I'm personally struggling to take Team Rocket seriously from that preview. Really? A damn net? That's your plan to catch Necrozma?

Then again, this is the same crime syndicate that came off worse in their encounters with other legendary or mythical Pokémon like Mewtwo, Raikou, Lugia, Celebi, the Eon duo (in the dub), all three Forces of Nature, and Meloetta, so my expectations personally weren't all that high to begin with. I wouldn't be surprised if Necrozma makes them retreat to Kanto in this episode.

I'm personally struggling to take Team Rocket seriously from that preview. Really? A damn net? That's your plan to catch Necrozma?

Then again, this is the same crime syndicate that came off worse in their encounters with other legendary or mythical Pokémon like Mewtwo, Raikou, Lugia, Celebi, the Eon duo (in the dub), all three Forces of Nature, and Meloetta, so my expectations personally weren't all that high to begin with. I wouldn't be surprised if Necrozma makes them retreat to Kanto in this episode.
No because the summary of SM89 states that the UG follow TR trough the Wormhole. But its indeed kinda lame to catch a legend with a net.

The single enlightening thing from Matori last episode was her revealing that she is basically here as a vanguard for Sakaki. Of course the next few episode titles remain to be seen, but I'm really expecting this "mini-arc" to end in a somewhat underwhelming fashion in SM 89 before it gets picked up again much further down the line.

No because the summary of SM89 states that the UG follow TR trough the Wormhole. But its indeed kinda lame to catch a legend with a net.
@KenzeyEevee
Totally agreed! How the hell, does it going to work, especially a legendary have a power that is equivalent to Arceus?

Using that tactic to kidnapped is already proved themselves all those years. They had not change as Giovanni and the team Rocket Trio are forever being a failure throughout all the series. Except for the Best Wishes, where they almost success until it backfire and controlled by the object (Reveal Glass).

Edit:The arc definitely won't end in three episode. Especially, the build up upon this take about 9 or 10 episode to done like in Aether Arc.

Last edited:
The single enlightening thing from Matori last episode was her revealing that she is basically here as a vanguard for Sakaki. Of course the next few episode titles remain to be seen, but I'm really expecting this "mini-arc" to end in a somewhat underwhelming fashion in SM 89 before it gets picked up again much further down the line.

I don't think they would use 3 episodes for something that it's only a set up. What could happen is that the arc reinvents itself immediately and goes on for another 2 episodes, like the Team Flare Climax.

If they're showcasing both of the Necrozma fusions in this episode, Ultra Necrozma could easily follow in the next one. Complete Forme only got around two minutes of screentime, anyway.

Last edited:
If they're showcasing both of the Necrozma fusions in this episode, Ultra Necrozma could easily follow in the next one. Complete Forme only got around two minutes of screentime, anyway.
@Unown Seer
I don't think it will be that simple as is still not enough energy to go Ultra Burst. Where Alola is still not descends into darkness including all the Ultra Beasts that summon from itself through wormhole. That also required the flow of energy even though despite warp so many of them in swoop.

So the transformation will be occurred in Ultra Megalopolis (Poipole World) at the same time. Where Ash and the other witnessing the true identity Necrozma, especially Rotom Pokédex freak the F!ck just like it did with Nebby evolves into Solgaleo during in Aether Arc. Otherwise, episode 89 won't be having a summary such as Ash and the other traveled to Ultra Space to rescue either Nebby-Solgaleo or its mate, Lunala as one of them needed to ride them toward the wormhole for traveling to there. Including Team Rocket got some plan for them to control the Blinding One.

Also, Ultra Megalopolis is a complete wasteland, nothing less, nothing more being destroyed by Necrozma for the greediness to harvest more light from it body. Completely different from the based game prospectively.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom